Author Topic: Another one for the scientists.........  (Read 3697 times)

Frank Gallagher

Another one for the scientists.........
« on: August 19, 2005, 01:56:00 pm »
...try this one, it's worked everytime for me.

If you have a car that has remote locking, use it to activate the locking system. Keep doing this as you walk away from the car until you get to the point were you're so far from the car the remote won't work anymore (usually about 40-50 feet)....here's the weird bit.....now put the remote up to head, actually touching your head with the remote, and hit the button!!!! WHATTHEFUCKITSWORKINGAGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do it do dat????

amnesiac

Re: Another one for the scientists.........
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2005, 01:59:00 pm »
Congratulations - you just gave yourself a tumor

;)

brennser

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2005, 02:02:00 pm »
shouldn't you be watching the late late show or whatever other wholesome friday night activity they get up to on that emerald isle of yours?  :)

Originally posted by O'Mankie:

If you have a car that has remote locking, use it to activate the locking system. Keep doing this as you walk away from the car until you get to the point were you're so far from the car the remote won't work anymore (usually about 40-50 feet)....here's the weird bit.....now put the remote up to head, actually touching your head with the remote, and hit the button!!!! WHATTHEFUCKITSWORKINGAGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do it do dat????

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2005, 02:05:00 pm »
If I haven't got one from the mobile phone, then I'm immune to them....which brings me to a somewhat related subject.

BLUETOOTH!   :mad:  It may keep the tumor-growing mobile phone from my head but it has caused me to seek anger management counselling because Bluetooth is the technology equivelent of the Edsell! What a pile of steaming pooh those things are..  :mad:

godsshoeshine

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2005, 02:06:00 pm »
wizard did it
o/\o

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2005, 02:09:00 pm »
Originally posted by god's shoeshine:
  wizard did it
did what, and who's wizard?

ggw

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2005, 02:22:00 pm »

How do it do dat????
Obviously it gets a signal boost from that metal plate you've got in your head.

smakawhat

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2005, 03:34:00 pm »
this is the part of the thread where you say you  have to start wearing tinfoil on your head to keep out those harmful "rays", while carrying that jug of ripple in a brown bag.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2005, 03:06:00 am »
Well, going by the responses, I've baffled the college educated self-proclaimed genius's....way to go on mum & dad's college tuition!!!!

Jaguär

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2005, 03:08:00 am »
O'Mankie, I'm glad to see that your car remote jump started your brain again.     :p    

Seriously, I would assume that the higher level has less interference from other vehicles and such which probably block or break down the signal.

But the real truth is, it's all those implants the aliens put in your head. Have they started talking to you yet and telling you strange little things like to go looking around the corner for that wee little pot of gold?

Eh, hem. I paid my own tuition. No help from Mom and Dad. And I'm not a genius.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2005, 08:40:00 am »
Jag, put the remote at head height but not touching your head and it won't work.....let the remote actually make contact with your noggin and WOAH NELLIE!!! guess what????

Sir HC

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2005, 10:36:00 am »
I don't know the frequencies your remote works on, if it is high enough then you can get the reflection off your noggin' in phase with the other signal meaning that you have more RF in the direction of your car.  That would be the most likely reason.  If it is relatively low frequencies, then your antenna is way too short to be very effective (in the remote) and when held to your head, your body acts as a bit of antenna that works a lot better.  A big part of transmitter strength has to do with the antenna and the antenna matching.

Problem is antennas are a complex subject and when combined with how your body reacts with RF you get really crazy stuff going on.

ggw

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2005, 11:12:00 am »
Do you have any old dental fillings?

sonickteam2

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2005, 11:15:00 am »
  Jag, put the remote at head height but not touching your head and it won't work.....let the remote actually make contact with your noggin and WOAH NELLIE!!! guess what????
what about when you stick it up your ass?

ggw

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2005, 11:21:00 am »
Originally posted by sonickteam4:

what about when you stick it up your ass? [/b]
That's what he does to get it next to his head.