Author Topic: Mogwai Plan New LP in June  (Read 8086 times)

BookerT

Re: Mogwai Plan New LP in June
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2003, 03:22:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wingelbert humptyback:<BR><B> Actually, Mumbly Joe left the band two months ago to forge a solo career making alt-country. <P>totally.<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>wait, i can't tell if you are being serious or not ... did aidan leave, for real? that can't be, how can there be arab strap without him??<P>

markie

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2003, 03:23:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Venerable Bede:<BR><B>yup. . .i believe that's a mogwai song being played in that commercial.  it's quiet, quiet, quiet, LOUD, LOUD, LOUD, quiet, quiet, etc.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I didnt recognise it....<P>Infact wifey and I were bemoaning that add the other other day. For not being a very good idea and for having duff music. OOPs. I guess we are old fuddy duddies now. Damn.

jadetree

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2003, 03:25:00 pm »
I just looked it up, the song is called Summer.

markie

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2003, 03:26:00 pm »
did you like it?

jadetree

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2003, 03:27:00 pm »
I dont remember the music in the commercial, but I have 3 mogwai albums, I like My Father My King and Rock Action, never got in to Come on Die Young.

markie

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2003, 03:31:00 pm »
I cant say I have any of their records. Their show put me off.<P>I think they will change their name to disaster area soon.<BR> <A HREF="http://www.disasterarea.co.uk/band.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.disasterarea.co.uk/band.html[/url]

Ikarus

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2003, 05:06:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BookerT:<BR><B>...about bad sex and life sucking</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>'swhy the strap is so great. <P>the guys in the band have been doing solo- and duo- accoustic touring over the past year or so, but i haven't heard of anyone leaving the group.

wingelbert humptyback

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2003, 05:29:00 pm »
nah, i've heard nothing of the sort either. it was just a joke. a bad one at that.<P>sorry for the fright.

Ikarus

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2003, 01:54:00 am »
ah, you were doing a little rhett impersonation.  actually, that's pretty good.  just take me a while to get the funny sometimes.  looks like i picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.

Got Haggis?

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2003, 09:32:00 am »
I believe that Snow Patrol have also just started working on a new album and it is to be released around the same time.....man i just can't get enough of those scottish / northern irish bands (i guess all of the irish ones have basically moved to scotland) (reindeer section, snow patrol, arab strap, mogwai, etc)<P>i'm pissed cuz my Scottish Guitar Army shirt shrunk  <BR><p>[This message has been edited by Got Haggis? (edited 02-14-2003).]

jadetree

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2003, 10:19:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ikarus:<BR><B>and somewhat related, i belive arab strap has a new album coming out the month after next next.  and there was much rejoicing.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Arab Strap will be touring with Bright Eyes in April, according to Matador.

Ikarus

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2003, 12:42:00 pm »
wtf?  good exposure for arab strap i guess, but they're a little, er, drunk for the under-aged bright eyes set.