Author Topic: HEY SETH!  (Read 4603 times)

Fuelie

HEY SETH!
« on: February 12, 2003, 10:43:00 pm »
My roommate and I put out a free music newsletter in the VA/DC/MD area and we are looking to get some ads in it...we wanted to know if you would like to put an ad for the 9:30 Club in a well circulated music publication. We are new to doing ads, but we need to increase circulation and it gets expensive, so let us know and we can work out details if you are interested. And if anybody else reading this is interested in putting in an ad or knows someone that would be, let us know also.<BR>*Ali and Caitlin*<BR>thestaph@msn.com

Samantha

Re: HEY SETH!
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2003, 10:57:00 pm »
yeah I have an ad.  can you put this in?<P>Single white female, non smoker, in need of rides to concert shows; email only if attractive & single, both sexes accepted

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2003, 08:50:00 am »
call Donna at 301-229-4675. she is our marketing director.<P>good way to get my attention, by the way.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2003, 01:02:00 pm »
Do you use the same criteria when flagging down taxis?<P><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Samantha:<BR><B>yeah I have an ad.  can you put this in?<P>Single white female, non smoker, in need of rides to concert shows; email only if attractive & single, both sexes accepted</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>
_\|/_

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2003, 02:45:00 pm »
Actually...I'm wondering if that's what REALLY got Seth's attention to respond! haha<P>MindCage<BR><A HREF="http://www.deep6.com" TARGET=_blank>Deep6 Productions[/url]<BR><A HREF="http://www.mindlessfaith.com" TARGET=_blank>Mindless Faith[/url]
3MTA3

Samantha

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2003, 05:04:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doctor Doom:<BR><B>Do you use the same criteria when flagging down taxis?<P><BR> </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>if I flagged down taxis at all, would I need rides?  I don't think so.

Samantha

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2003, 05:06:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MindCage:<BR><B>Actually...I'm wondering if that's what REALLY got Seth's attention to respond! haha<P>MindCage<BR><A HREF="http://www.deep6.com" TARGET=_blank>Deep6 Productions[/url]<BR><A HREF="http://www.mindlessfaith.com" TARGET=_blank>Mindless Faith[/url] </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>what do YOU think it was?

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2003, 10:44:00 pm »
new query...<P>Just saw "Standing in the Shadows of Motown" and was quite taken with the live segments of remaining The Funk Brothers backing the contemporary singers.  And was wondering if there was any talk of taking the show on the road.  Given the right mixes of singers the show would be quite special.
T.Rex

Sir HC

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2003, 10:57:00 pm »
I had problems with the live sections because they kept kicking up the instruments that you were looking at.  Subtle but annoying as hell.  Great movie, and I now want to go to Chicago to that piano bar the one guy plays.  I too would love to see it if it does go on the road.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2003, 11:07:00 pm »
my favorite bit was "Youâ??ve Really Got A Hold On Me" w/ Meshell Ndegeocello in the Studio.  Ben Harper, Bootsy Collins and Joan Osbournes persformances were tops also.<P>There was also little mentioned about all the horn players that did those recording dates.  Could provide enough material for a sequel.  <BR>
T.Rex

jadetree

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2003, 11:11:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kosmo:<BR><B>Ben Harper</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Hopefully he will come around here this year, with a new album coming out I guess there is hope.

Sir HC

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2003, 11:11:00 pm »
True, a sequel better be quick before more pass on.  Did you notice that Bootsy had 2 different outfits on for his two songs?  Was it more than one show they did?  I think it was Ben Harper who brought his own bongo guy?  I didn't like the bongos in the song, whoever it was.  Found a great Motown CD, has a live medley of The temptations and the four tops, and My Girl in German (Mein Girl), and other cool stuff.  Guess Tower Records got them free a while back.

• my blog
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2003, 11:44:00 pm »
Did anyone notice that in the Sunday Post Frank Black said the song that influenced him most was "Brand New Key," by Melanie?<P>Also, I liked the fact that Kurt Cobain once said that his motive for writing "Teen Spirit" was that he wanted to write a Pixies song.
_\|/_

Sir HC

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2003, 11:47:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doctor Doom:<BR><B>Did anyone notice that in the Sunday Post Frank Black said the song that influenced him most was "Brand New Key," by Melanie?<P>Also, I liked the fact that Kurt Cobain once said that his motive for writing "Teen Spirit" was that he wanted to write a Pixies song.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>And Bush started because Gavin loved the Pixies (know this because I worked with a huge Bush (the band) fan).  He asked one day who this band the Pixies were.  And that is why they chose Steve Albini to mix an album for them.

• my blog
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2003, 02:12:00 am »
That's interesting, although I'm no fan of Bush (the band or the President!)
_\|/_