Author Topic: The Music is coming  (Read 8615 times)

sonickteam2

The Music is coming
« on: February 13, 2003, 06:05:00 pm »
So according to the web, The Music will be coming to DC, finally. They are simply the best new band out there, i think. Touring with Coldplay now, but no DC dates, they will go on tour with the Vines (i know) and supposedly be in DC on 4/15.<P> Anyone who might be interested can look at <A HREF="http://www.themusic.uk.com" TARGET=_blank>www.themusic.uk.com[/url]   for thier site.<P>

paige

Re: The Music is coming
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2003, 06:07:00 pm »
i thought the Music was that british guy with horrible teeth but who is a great rapper?

wingelbert humptyback

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2003, 06:24:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by paige:<BR><B>i thought the Music was that british guy with horrible teeth but who is a great rapper? </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>thats the streets.<P>the music are definitely worth checking out live. they are very tight and very energetic, especially given their respective ages. i wouldn't label them the best new band around, but given some time and little bit of growth in terms of range, i think they could really be at the top of their game.

markie

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2003, 06:25:00 pm »
they are just stone roses wannabees, right?

ggw

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2003, 06:32:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by paige:<BR><B>i thought the Music was that british guy with horrible teeth but who is a great rapper? </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>No, that's Markie.

markie

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2003, 06:33:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ggw:<BR><B> No, that's Markie.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>only if thats rapper with a capital <B>C</B>

sonickteam2

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2003, 06:37:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by markie:<BR><B>they are just stone roses wannabees, right?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>   they almost sound like some early Jane's Addiction, but they are much  better than the Stone Roses (though i doubt they will ever be as influential!)<P> <P>

markie

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2003, 06:40:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sonickteam2:<BR><B>     they are much  better than the Stone Roses (though i doubt they will ever be as influential!)<P> <P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Ha Ha, thats really funny. thats the first thing to make me laugh out-loud today. Thanks.<P>The other songs I listened to sounded like early primal screem.<P>

Venerable Bede

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2003, 06:43:00 pm »
yeah. . especially since markie really wanna, wanna, want's to be a dork.
OU812

markie

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2003, 06:45:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Venerable Bede:<BR><B>yeah. . especially since markie really wanna, wanna, want's to be a dork.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I would settle for being a door!

wingelbert humptyback

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2003, 06:45:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by markie:<BR><B> <BR>Ha Ha, thats really funny. thats the first thing to make me laugh out-loud today. Thanks.<P>The other songs I listened to sounded like early primal screem.<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>yeah, i gotta agree that saying they are much better than SR is a bit of a stretch (to put it lightly). but i likewise think calling them a SR knock off is fairly off base. they aren't the most original thing going, but they've managed to pull enough variety from their various influences to make themselves stand out. now if they could just get some variety in the songwriting, they'd be set. either way, the live show is well worth checking out even this early in their career. hearing 'the people' in a decent venue definitely makes you realize that's where the music is truly in their element.<BR>

sonickteam2

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2003, 07:17:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by markie:<BR><B> <BR>Ha Ha, thats really funny. thats the first thing to make me laugh out-loud today. Thanks.<P>The other songs I listened to sounded like early primal screem.<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>   some people on this board arent really into others opinions are they?<P>  are we that old that we need to make a comparison for every new band?  or can we just listen to the music?<BR>

markie

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2003, 08:07:00 pm »
Originally posted by sonickteam2:<BR><B> <BR>   some people on this board arent really into others opinions are they?</B><P>Well you make it very easy to disreguard your opinion when you say things like "but they are much better than the Stone Roses". The stone rose were influential because they had one of the best most original albums of the 80's. When the music are that good I will eat my computer<P>  <B>are we that old that we need to make a comparison for every new band?  or can we just listen to the music?</B><P><BR>well it is a music forum. And the people is incredibly similar sounding to the Stone Roses. So it doesnt matter to you if something is totally derivative, as long as it sounds ok?<P>HUM?

sonickteam2

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2003, 09:29:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by markie:<BR><B>
Originally posted by sonickteam2:<BR> <P>well it is a music forum. And the people is incredibly similar sounding to the Stone Roses. So it doesnt matter to you if something is totally derivative, as long as it sounds ok?<P>HUM?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>  well, derivative and sounding similar are not the same.  the music, may be derivative of the Stone roses in your opinion or whatever, but they do not sound like them.   i even wasted the time to put two songs next to each other. and at best, they sound like the Stone roses would if they were around these 10-15 years later. as if the Stone Roses prgressed to the new music age. <BR>  Interpol sounds just like Echo and the Bunnymen sometimes, but we cant fault them. not here anyway  <BR>   and i never liked the Stone Roses anyway, so i think they are much better.  but thats just what i think. <P>  so to answer your question, totally derivative = bad, but the music is just not totally derivative of the Stone roses....sorry<BR>

markie

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2003, 09:43:00 pm »
not totally derivative, but it owes a serious musical debt to......<P>And as for Interpol I have been slagging them off for months.<P>Why didnt you like the stone roses? The eponymous album was one of the greatest albums. I am the resurection is one of the finest songs ever. <P>Do I really need to effuse more?