Author Topic: so who is going to the 9:30 club this weekend?  (Read 3324 times)

so who is going to the 9:30 club this weekend?
« on: February 14, 2003, 12:26:00 pm »
What big lineup.<P>Fightingg Gravity tonight<P>Gov't Mule Saturday<P>Vince Gill Sunday<P>Surely some of you are going?

sonickteam2

Re: so who is going to the 9:30 club this weekend?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2003, 12:33:00 pm »
not going this weekend but thinking of checking out the Ladytron/Simian show on Monday<P>good stuff

Sir HC

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2003, 01:06:00 pm »
Not this weekend, but I will be there next friday and saturday.  I keep getting Fighting Gravity confused with Vertical Horizon.  I think Fighting Gravity are the ones I like, great singer, local too.

Skaboss

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2003, 03:52:00 pm »
There on Sat, with pants and not much else. Except I hate hippies, and I'm allregic to pachouli, and unlike everyone else, don't really give two shits about the allman brothers or any sort of project they're involved in. I'll be hiding in the booth playing hippie friendly reggae and world music.

Dandy01

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2003, 03:54:00 pm »
I'll be there Monday for Ladytron, etc.

Sir HC

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2003, 04:15:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Skaboss:<BR><B>There on Sat, with pants and not much else. Except I hate hippies, and I'm allregic to pachouli, and unlike everyone else, don't really give two shits about the allman brothers or any sort of project they're involved in. I'll be hiding in the booth playing hippie friendly reggae and world music.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Play PiL's "Four Enclosed Walls" for them.  Maybe one or two will freak out.

SamZeb

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2003, 05:51:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sir HC:<BR><B>Not this weekend, but I will be there next friday and saturday.  I keep getting Fighting Gravity confused with Vertical Horizon.  I think Fighting Gravity are the ones I like, great singer, local too.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yeah FG is great...really good sound, fun and energetic band.  Funny -- Vertical Horizon used to open for FG a while back and VH hit it big and FG didn't.  Oh well...<P>

Sir HC

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2003, 06:17:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SamZeb:<BR><B> Yeah FG is great...really good sound, fun and energetic band.  Funny -- Vertical Horizon used to open for FG a while back and VH hit it big and FG didn't.  Oh well...<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Cool so I was thinking correctly.  Would go, but I have to get this thing working here at work, and hopefully will be home before morning...

onefellswoop

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2003, 08:26:00 pm »
i'll be there tonight for fighting gravity. great openers too (junior and georgia avenue). don't know anything about kyle davis band tho.

SamZeb

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2003, 04:33:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by onefellswoop:<BR><B>i'll be there tonight for fighting gravity. great openers too (junior and georgia avenue). don't know anything about kyle davis band tho.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>That was a pretty damn good show, no?  Decent amount of fans considering the weather and the whole V-Day thing.<P>The covers Junior and FG performed together sounded amazing as well!<P>...I'm off to go shovel snow now