Author Topic: Best Onstage Banter  (Read 15939 times)

hutch

Re: Best Onstage Banter
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2016, 03:25:06 pm »
From Julian's favorite Nobel Prize for Literature laureate:

?There?s no way to measure his greatness or magnitude as a person or as a player. I don?t think any eulogizing will do him justice. He was that great, much more than a superb musician, with an uncanny ear and dexterity. He?s the very spirit personified of whatever is Muddy River country at its core and screams up into the spheres. He really had no equal. To me he wasn?t only a musician and friend, he was more like a big brother who taught and showed me more than he?ll ever know. There?s a lot of spaces and advances between The Carter Family, Buddy Holly and, say, Ornette Coleman?a lot of universes, but he filled them all without being a member of any school. His playing was moody, awesome, sophisticated, hypnotic and subtle. There?s no way to convey the loss. It just digs down really deep.?

hemisphire

« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2017, 12:01:38 pm »
Fans Bail As Lauryn Hill Is 3 hours Late For Pittsburgh Show
http://www.pollstar.com/news_article.aspx?ID=829264

Yada

« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2017, 12:05:31 pm »
Fans Bail As Lauryn Hill Is 3 hours Late For Pittsburgh Show
http://www.pollstar.com/news_article.aspx?ID=829264

I can't believe people still pay money to see this joker.

walkie,talkie

« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2017, 01:48:11 pm »
what is the real reason behind her downfall?  I have heard multiple things, from she is just a downright pain in the ass to work with, from she done lost her mind.  It seemed to happen when she had her first kid?  Or was it that her first solo album was very good and she could not come close to replace it?

Got Haggis?

« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2017, 03:05:40 pm »
its performance art

also no one mentioned shellac in this thread?! or maybe someone did and i just skipped over it

hutch

« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2017, 04:55:29 pm »
what is the real reason behind her downfall?  I have heard multiple things, from she is just a downright pain in the ass to work with, from she done lost her mind.  It seemed to happen when she had her first kid?  Or was it that her first solo album was very good and she could not come close to replace it?

popping out like 7 marleys in 7 years will make anyone crazy...

K8teebug

« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2017, 04:21:22 pm »
its performance art

also no one mentioned shellac in this thread?! or maybe someone did and i just skipped over it

THEY WIN. Hands down.

Space Freely

« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2019, 07:39:31 pm »
I guess i could put this in post show banter, but this thread fits as well.

Match the artist to the stage banter. (Sorry, if I'm misrepresenting the quotes, don't remember the exact words)

1. Erika Wennerstom
2. Lucinda Williams
3. Drive By Truckers

a. "THis week would have been Trayvon Martin's 24th birthday. And I got on the internet and i saw that motherfucker that killed him has his own website and he's wearing a Confederate flag t-shirt selling autographed Skittles."

b. "I wrote this song as i was walking in the Amazon Rainforest on my way to do some psychedelics."

c. "Let me introduce you to my band, they're called Buick 6. They play music without me, it sounds like this, but without my vocals. And they put out entire albums. I could just listen to them all night long. It's hip. Groovy. Groovelicious. I listen to everything. Theiver-i Corporation. The Gotan Project. I'm not just an old fogie folk singer. I think we've shown that here tonight. Over here is Stuart Mathis on guitar.."