Author Topic: Praise be to God!  (Read 16466 times)

bnyced0

Re: Praise be to God!
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2007, 10:27:00 am »
Originally posted by Psychoda alternata:
  Did he ever kill anyone?  No?  All he really wanted to do was to save that black foetus from being aborted.  Yet you treat him like he was Cho-seung Hui.

Have some respect for the dead. What a bunch of fucking hypocrites you lot are!
I agree, have some respect for the dead!  You really can't fault Falwell, he's not really responsible for the stupid phucking ignorant dumbasses that listen to him, donate to his causes, and give him a platform to spew his non-sensical absurdities.  And he's far from the only or worst (ok maybe he's up there with the worst) but without a flock of braindead, self-loathing, weak-willed bottom feeders to lap up his vomit he'd be inconsequential and unworthy of having a thread discuss his demise.  If you feel he was a scourge on the earth, then you need to focus on those who empowered him, his congregation, but since there are certainly more spineless followers than there are leaders, good luck with that!  This applies to all evangelists of whatever race or religious sect. Religion (and those using it's fictious stories as rationale for their behavior) is the greatest promoter of death the earth has ever known, so farewell to Falwell.  Besides shouldn't we be celebrating that he is now in heaven?  Certainly being up there with God is better than down here with all the sinners right?  Fuck Falwell and all the rest, good riddance. OK the firing range is now open for business.

nkotb

« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2007, 10:32:00 am »
I'm with Rhett and, in a smaller sense, Dupek here.  Everyone had a good laugh when Layne Staley died, but it was the end of the world when a joke was made at Arther Lee's expense.  Look, I'm sure 95% of us think Falwell was a total douche bag, and that his views are so ass backwards that, if there is a all-loving God, he's probably doing some pretty heavy burning right now (also, we'd be right  :D ).  But reveling in someone's death is totally tacky.

Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
  But what if I thought the Clash sucked, and I came on here mocking Joe Strummer the day he died. Would there be nothing wrong with that?

Sir HC

« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2007, 10:32:00 am »
When is it appropriate to cheer someone's death?  Hitler?  Pol Pot?  Saddam?

« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2007, 10:36:00 am »
Why don't you post this on a conservative Christian chatboard? If you're looking to stir up trouble (which seems to be the case based on the passion of your words), you're probably on the wrong board.

Originally posted by bnyced0:

Did he ever kill anyone?  No?  All he really wanted to do was to save that black foetus from being aborted.  Yet you treat him like he was Cho-seung Hui.

I agree, have some respect for the dead!  You really can't fault Falwell, he's not really responsible for the stupid phucking ignorant dumbasses that listen to him, donate to his causes, and give him a platform to spew his non-sensical absurdities.  And he's far from the only or worst (ok maybe he's up there with the worst) but without a flock of braindead, self-loathing, weak-willed bottom feeders to lap up his vomit he'd be inconsequential and unworthy of having a thread discuss his demise.  If you feel he was a scourge on the earth, then you need to focus on those who empowered him, his congregation, but since there are certainly more spineless followers than there are leaders, good luck with that!  This applies to all evangelists of whatever race or religious sect. Religion (and those using it's fictious stories as rationale for their behavior) is the greatest promoter of death the earth has ever known, so farewell to Falwell.  Besides shouldn't we be celebrating that he is now in heaven?  Certainly being up there with God is better than down here with all the sinners right?  Fuck Falwell and all the rest, good riddance. OK the firing range is now open for business. [/b]

nkotb

« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2007, 10:42:00 am »
I'm not really sure.  The good natured part of me says never.  But then again, having Bin Laden's head on a pike would probably get a bit of a smile out of me.  

At the end of the day, what evil, beyond completely bigoted speech, did Falwell commit?  He certainly didn't kill anyone, or groups of anyone.  If anything, he pissed people that don't share his views.  That doesn't mean he doesn't have a right to say or think them.  I'm sure to a certain point, the guy was probably thinking he was a force of good, even if he didn't mind lining his pockets as well.  

In my opinion, the guy wasn't worth the attention he's getting, in life or in death.  He was a pretty hateful man.  But that still doesn't mean I take joy in his suffering or his death.  Nothing "higher road" about that.

Originally posted by Sir HC:

jd930

« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2007, 10:49:00 am »
True he did not kill anyone, but the hateful words and ideas that he spewed out certainly may have well inspired others to do so. The world is better off without him.

I'm not reveling, but I am certainly not shedding any tears over this.

bnyced0

« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2007, 10:50:00 am »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
  Why don't you post this on a conservative Christian chatboard? If you're looking to stir up trouble (which seems to be the case based on the passion of your words), you're probably on the wrong board.

Originally posted by bnyced0:

I agree, have some respect for the dead!  You really can't fault Falwell, he's not really responsible for the stupid phucking ignorant dumbasses that listen to him, donate to his causes, and give him a platform to spew his non-sensical absurdities.  And he's far from the only or worst (ok maybe he's up there with the worst) but without a flock of braindead, self-loathing, weak-willed bottom feeders to lap up his vomit he'd be inconsequential and unworthy of having a thread discuss his demise.  If you feel he was a scourge on the earth, then you need to focus on those who empowered him, his congregation, but since there are certainly more spineless followers than there are leaders, good luck with that!  This applies to all evangelists of whatever race or religious sect. Religion (and those using it's fictious stories as rationale for their behavior) is the greatest promoter of death the earth has ever known, so farewell to Falwell.  Besides shouldn't we be celebrating that he is now in heaven?  Certainly being up there with God is better than down here with all the sinners right?  Fuck Falwell and all the rest, good riddance. OK the firing range is now open for business. [/b]
[/b]
No trouble stirring here, I'm agnostic and (acknowledging the hypocrisy of my upcoming statement) find even giving this clown the credibility of denouncing him silly.  There are freaks that abuse those who have been convinced religion has relevance, and while the freaks are despicable it's the abused that have fallen into the trap.  We have a responsibility to provide the education, and resources so that these people can relish in what's real here on earth and provide a morale compass so that their lives are worth enough that they won't pine for a fictious after life.  I know that there are A LOT of people who believe there is a god, there may even be some that arrived at the conclusion without the coercion of their parents ( sort of like the cycle of poverty I think once religious zealotry takes hold of a family it's probably difficult to kick), or other external pressure, and they are within their right to do so.  But that right should be confined to them, personally, and only them as soon as they attempt to recruit someone else, or impose their beliefs on anyone else (their family included) they've crossed a line.  And it's a line that virtually no religion respects and ultimately leads (and has lead to) to a lot of death and destruction.  There's no need for me to post on a religious board, I'm not trying to stir up trouble and would prefer to write to people that may have thread of sanity and rationale left so they might absorb what I have to say.

« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2007, 10:51:00 am »
Go ahead, deflect your measly arguments upon me.  Good tactic.
Originally posted by sweetcell:
  agreed, two wrongs don't make a right.  but you're picking the incorrect wrong.

if you re-read my posts, at NO point to i take joy in falwell's passing.  i don't even mention it.  please let me know if you read anything i've written otherwise.

i do, however, point out that dupek got his buttons pushed.  that's my wrong, to his many past similar wrongs.  thus your "two wrongs don't make a right" is a good retort in as much as poking at dupey is my poor behavior, nothing to do with celebrating deaths.

second person to accuse me of reveling in someone's death... weird.  that being said, i've bookmarked this thread.  100% guaranteed that right-wingers will be even less generous when a polarizing lefty kicks it.  rhett, wanna go double-or-nothing on this one?   :)  

« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2007, 10:53:00 am »
Originally posted by nkotb:
  I'm with Rhett and, in a smaller sense, Dupek here.  
But I'm bigger than Rhett.

nkotb

« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2007, 10:54:00 am »
My take exactly.

Originally posted by jd930:
 I'm not reveling, but I am certainly not shedding any tears over this.

« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2007, 10:57:00 am »
Originally posted by Sir HC:
If you are Catholic, never.  

But I digress.  I merely meant to point out the inherent hypocricy in gloating over one death, when others who do the same to your personal beloved heroes are mocked for the same.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2007, 10:58:00 am »
Sorry, but the world is a better place with Falwell gone.  The only regrettable thing is he didn't croak 30 years ago, and that his ignorant, beady-eyed, small-minded followers can't just die off en masse.

Dupek, as usual you see hypocrisy everywhere but in yourself.  Nobody is questioning Falwell's right to free speech; and another part of free speech is being glad someone is dead.  It's not like anyone killed him.
_\|/_

« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2007, 11:00:00 am »
I'm not going to get into a debate over the existence of a God, but you seem quite disrespectful to the vast majority of people in the world who choose to believe in his/her existence.

Of course science can't prove the existence of God, that's why they call it FAITH.

« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2007, 11:02:00 am »
Well then, if your happy...

I thought Cho-seung Hui did a good job too.  He won the blue ribbon.
Originally posted by They call me Doctor Doom.:
  Sorry, but the world is a better place with Falwell gone.  The only regrettable thing is he didn't croak 30 years ago, and that his ignorant, beady-eyed, small-minded followers can't just die off en masse.

Dupek, as usual you see hypocrisy everywhere but in yourself.  Nobody is questioning Falwell's right to free speech; and another part of free speech is being glad someone is dead.  It's not like anyone killed him.

« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2007, 11:02:00 am »
One could easily make the same statements regarding Al Sharpton.

Originally posted by They call me Doctor Doom.: