Author Topic: Halo 3 Release Date Announced  (Read 1756 times)

ratioci nation

Halo 3 Release Date Announced
« on: May 16, 2007, 09:17:00 am »
September 25

I am supposed to be downloading the beta right now, but of course its not working.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Halo 3 Release Date Announced
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 09:27:00 am »
i'm not a gamer, don't own a gaming system (other than a fast PC, on which i only have one game - splinter cell - old school   :) )  so i haven't been keeping up on the news... but what are they promising with halo 3?  i really like playing versions 1 and 2 on ther people's systems, it's the one game that might make me buy one of these boxes.
<sig>

damandan05

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 09:38:00 am »
over rated game

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 10:51:00 am »
Originally posted by pdx pollard:
  September 25

i put down a deposit at my local gamestop at least a year ago.  i'll believe it when i see it.

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 11:00:00 am »
Halo 2 was just released for PC.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2007, 11:13:00 am »
dupek, thanks for the heads up!  

looks like a few places aren't shipping yet (walmart.com sez orders will go out the door on 5/22).  

bigger problem: requires Vista.  my machine could run it, but i can't install it b/c not all of my external hardware has Vista drivers.  i'd love to be able to play this game but it's not worth the performance hit that my system would take b/c Vista.  *sigh*.  maybe i'll grab a cheap used copy of Halo 1 and wait until i get a new machine.
<sig>

ratioci nation

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2007, 12:21:00 pm »
watch the beta here - http://www.outlawscam.com/

vansmack

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2007, 12:29:00 pm »
Any word on a Halo 3/360 Bundle?
27>34

ratioci nation

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2007, 12:30:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:
i am sure there will be something, a lot of people are waiting to upgrade until then

Venerable Bede

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2007, 12:54:00 pm »
Originally posted by pdx pollard:

Originally posted by vansmack:
i am sure there will be something, a lot of people are waiting to upgrade until then [/b]
i'm waiting for call of duty 4. . .
OU812

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2007, 12:58:00 pm »
Halo 1 was pretty good fun on PC.  I don't see why people cream in their jeans for it, though.  When all's said and done it's really just another gun & run game.

ratioci nation

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2007, 12:59:00 pm »
Originally posted by Psychoda alternata:
  Halo 1 was pretty good fun on PC.  I don't see why people cream in their jeans for it, though.  It's really just another gun & run game.
its all about the multiplayer

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2007, 01:00:00 pm »
Okay then...

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2007, 04:51:00 pm »
Halo 3 Beta: One Ring World to Rule Them All

If it seems like there are a few too many empty desks in your office, it could be some of your co-workers are leading a double life as beta testers of the most anticipated video-game release in years: Halo 3 starts a three-week public beta period Wednesday.

Microsoft's Bungie Studios handed out 13,000 beta spots for free in early February, and some 900,000 more have been sold with the Xbox 360 shooter Crackdown. The test features three maps from the multiplayer mode of the game, and it's a safe bet that some 360 owners will be playing hooky from real life to do battle over Xbox Live on opening day.

(...)

Halo's addictive multiplayer mode has been a component of the franchise's success from the beginning. When the first Halo shipped without support for Xbox Live -- Microsoft's online gaming service hadn't yet been launched -- fans developed tunneling software to extend local network play to the internet. The system supported other titles, but Halo play dominated.

To date, players of Halo 2 have logged more than 800 million hours of multiplayer action on Xbox Live, and Bungie recently announced the 5 millionth player of Halo 2, some two and a half years after the game's release -- a remarkable feat in an industry where the shelf life of a typical title is six months.

(...)

With Microsoft's Xbox division locked in fierce competition with Sony's PlayStation 3 and Nintendo's Wii, Halo 3 is certain to give the company a boost when the final version is released this fall. "It will sell 360s, primarily because of the hype," says Wedbush Morgan analyst Michael Pachter. "It will be the biggest-selling 360 game ever. Anyone who was waiting for an excuse to buy a 360 will soon have one."

full Wired article
<sig>