Author Topic: falls, flubs, flops and flashes  (Read 2348 times)

falls, flubs, flops and flashes
« on: August 24, 2007, 03:27:00 pm »
Last month Beyonce fell down while performing, this month she flashed the crowd.

I was at Lolla when Amanda from the Dresden Dolls accidentally(?) flashed the crowd while changing on stage.   But that's the only spinal tapish moment that I can recall seeing live.  

What onstage mistakes/antics have you seen?
xoxo

Brian_Wallace

Re: falls, flubs, flops and flashes
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 03:32:00 pm »
Originally posted by 6949:
  Last month Beyonce fell down while performing, this month she flashed the crowd.

I was at Lolla when Amanda from the Dresden Dolls accidentally(?) flashed the crowd while changing on stage.   But that's the only spinal tapish moment that I can recall seeing live.  

At the first Lilith Fair, Jill Sobule was playing the acoustic stage.  Once her set was over she leaned down to shake the hands of some of the girls in the front row.

I saw down her shirt.  She wasn't wearing a bra.

I'm not proud.

I've been at shows where Courtney Love and Zia McCabe have "gotten the twins out" but that's not really shocking is it?

Brian

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 03:41:00 pm »
Originally posted by Brian Wallace:

Originally posted by 6949:

At the first Lilith Fair, Jill Sobule was playing the acoustic stage.  Once her set was over she leaned down to shake the hands of some of the girls in the front row.

I'm not proud.

I've been at shows where Courtney Love and Zia McCabe have "gotten the twins out" but that's not really shocking is it?

Brian [/b]
please tell me youre not a dandy warhols fan. i might have to shoot myself. i was hoping they'd be too irrelevant for you since they do have a lot of earlier influences.
HeyLa

lbcardoni

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 03:41:00 pm »
At one of the WE Fests I saw a band called Jake the Evil Redneck.  While on stage he had two very intoxicated strippers making out with each other, undressing each other, making out with him, and "touching" each other.  The music was god awful, but the stage show was priceless.  I went back next year to see his set but he didn't bring the stage show.  I hear he since died of an overdose...shocker...

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2007, 03:55:00 pm »
Originally posted by xneverwherex:
 please tell me youre not a dandy warhols fan. i might have to shoot myself. i was hoping they'd be too irrelevant for you since they do have a lot of earlier influences.
I'm more of a fan of Zia McCabe "getting the twins out."

Brian

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2007, 04:05:00 pm »

Brian [/b]
i hate people like you. i knew too many guys who used to go see the dandy warhols in the hopes of zia taking her top off. she hasnt in a long time, so please dont come to any of the shows.
HeyLa

nkotb

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2007, 04:08:00 pm »
But if her de-topping wasn't to get people in the door (or at the very least, to get people talking), then what was the purpose?

And for what it's worth, I think I'd rather see Courtney Love's boobs.  Again.

i hate people like you. i knew too many guys who used to go see the dandy warhols in the hopes of zia taking her top off. she hasnt in a long time, so please dont come to any of the shows.

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2007, 04:10:00 pm »
While in college, my roommate somehow acquired GG Allin's phone number. My roommate called him, pretending to be a reporter for a fanzine and proceeded to have a long conversation with him.

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2007, 04:11:00 pm »
i dont think the dandy warhols needed zia to go topless to get people to come see their shows. maybe she's just an exhibitionist. hell if i know. i never asked her about her playing with her shirt off.

Originally posted by nkotb:
  But if her de-topping wasn't to get people in the door (or at the very least, to get people talking), then what was the purpose?

And for what it's worth, I think I'd rather see Courtney Love's boobs.  Again.

[/b]
HeyLa

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2007, 04:14:00 pm »
  maybe she's just an exhibitionist. hell if i know. i never asked her about her playing with her shirt off.

i think that's the case.
 according to her wiki she did a suicidegirls shoot while preggo.
 but i can't confirm.
nothx

nkotb

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2007, 04:17:00 pm »
Just curious.  I never really got the whole "naked on stage" thing.  Always seemed super forced in my book.

Originally posted by miss pretentious:

maybe she's just an exhibitionist. hell if i know. i never asked her about her playing with her shirt off.

i think that's the case.
 according to her wiki she did a suicidegirls shoot while preggo.
 but i can't confirm. [/b]

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2007, 04:23:00 pm »

Brian [/b]
i hate people like you. i knew too many guys who used to go see the dandy warhols in the hopes of zia taking her top off. she hasnt in a long time, so please dont come to any of the shows. [/b]
That's it.  The next time they tour I'm going to go to the DC-area show with a BIG sign (like they have at baseball games) with the words "GET 'EM OUT, ZIA!" JUST to annoy you.

Brian

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2007, 04:48:00 pm »

Brian [/b]
i hate people like you. i knew too many guys who used to go see the dandy warhols in the hopes of zia taking her top off. she hasnt in a long time, so please dont come to any of the shows. [/b]
That's it.  The next time they tour I'm going to go to the DC-area show with a BIG sign (like they have at baseball games) with the words "GET 'EM OUT, ZIA!" JUST to annoy you.

Brian [/b]
thanks, and please be sure to yell out 'freebird' too. im sure courtney will love you.

and yes - she did the suicide girls shoot while pregnant.
HeyLa

vansmack

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2007, 09:27:00 pm »

I'd be more surprised if you went to the Lilith Fair and a woman was wearing a bra.
27>34

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2007, 10:43:00 pm »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
  While in college, my roommate somehow acquired GG Allin's phone number. My roommate called him, pretending to be a reporter for a fanzine and proceeded to have a long conversation with him.
That's a great story.