Author Topic: fantasy football: a league of our own  (Read 288361 times)

crevers

Re: fantasy football: a league of our own
« Reply #360 on: September 13, 2009, 05:31:22 pm »
brees is such a fantasy STUD.  358 yards, 6 TDs, 1 INT, 37 fantasy points... is that a record?

Oh yeah he is -- no idea about the record, but he's relieving my doubts about taking him 3rd round.

crevers

« Reply #361 on: September 13, 2009, 05:37:51 pm »
good grief.  i'm being crushed by the philly defense - they're currently putting up 29 points!  don't think i've ever seen a score that high by a D.  hope carolina starts scoring.  fast.

conundrum: start anquan boldin (barely healthy but will start, he's less than 100% but still #2 receiver on a pass-happy team up against SF, breaston is inactive so boldin should see a number of attempts), or go with SDG's vincent jackson (also #2 but on a less pass-happy team, rarely stellar but dependable)?  i'm going with jackson for now.

I think it's Vincent Jackson -- you have to avoid the injury-related zero.  I'm going with a healthy Driver over a questionable Welker.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #362 on: September 14, 2009, 02:40:06 pm »
following in the steps of the other commish, i've added a commissioner's note detailing how to pay your league dues.  please pay asap, deadline is start of week 4.

Oh yeah he is -- no idea about the record, but he's relieving my doubts about taking him 3rd round.

with those kind of numbers, i'm surprised no one took him sooner. 

I think it's Vincent Jackson -- you have to avoid the injury-related zero.  I'm going with a healthy Driver over a questionable Welker.

indeed, the cautious approach wins the day for me - boldin put up 1 fantasy point last night.  would be hard for jackson to do worse.  looks like boldin might be a dude for the first few games of the season, if not longer.  and he's on my no-cut list...

looks like going with driver might not have been the best move for you, although there might not have been a lot of points to chose from either way.
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #363 on: September 20, 2009, 04:36:57 pm »
brees is such a fantasy STUD.  358 yards, 6 TDs, 1 INT, 37 fantasy points... is that a record?

nope - Chris Johnson (Ten - RB): 197 rush yards, 2 rush TDs, 87 reception yards, 1 receptions TD = 45 points  ;D
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #364 on: September 22, 2009, 11:47:48 am »
goddam clark.  i needed payton to pass to anyone except him.  because he did, i scored more points this week that EVERYONE except the one team i was up against!  not fair.  pout pout.

this was the first weekend that i got t watch as much football as i wanted - any NOTHING went my way.
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #365 on: October 06, 2009, 12:46:05 am »
time to pay up, folks - please see the commissioner's note for instructions on how to pay your league dues.  teams that are unpaid as of next monday (Oct 12) will be penalized and/or named :D 
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #366 on: October 13, 2009, 03:54:01 pm »
first off, last call for the two teams who haven't paid up yet... the sooner you pay, the sooner you'll stop hearing my whining.

second, did everyone see how BookerT won this past week?!?  three of his players scored 0 points (including DEF, which he opted to not start NYJ.  good move since they scored -1).  all that, and he still won by a point (making his non-start of NYJ DEF that much more important).  this is is unbelievable.  he must be stopped.

oh yeah, i asked a question on the league's internal messaging system... please read.
<sig>

BookerT

« Reply #367 on: October 13, 2009, 05:57:05 pm »
this stuff tends to balance out, y'know? last week i was the second highest scoring team and lost. this week i got three goose eggs and squeaked out a win. i should've gone 1-1 in those games and i did. but yeah, pat on the back to me for sitting the jets defense.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #368 on: October 18, 2009, 03:28:34 pm »
anyone know any snipers in new orleans?  i need someone to take out drew brees.  please PM me.  thx.
<sig>

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #369 on: October 18, 2009, 09:07:16 pm »
anyone know any snipers in new orleans?  i need someone to take out drew brees.  please PM me.  thx.
How did you not come to me with this right away? I know just the guy. PM me.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #370 on: October 19, 2009, 12:27:40 am »
i have sorely underestimated you, sir.
<sig>

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #371 on: October 19, 2009, 12:02:47 pm »
Oh, my humblest apologies. You said "sniper," not "snifter." Sorry!

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #372 on: October 19, 2009, 06:30:28 pm »
i have rivers and jackson in tonight's game, and i need 12 points to win my match this week...

say hello to your new second-place team.

comin' after ya, bookerT.
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #373 on: October 27, 2009, 01:22:09 am »
You guys will appreciate this.  I was 0-4 to start the season in a deep 14 team, relatively high money league ($100+$5 per transaction) league despite being 6th in total points.

I won the next two and moved up to 4th in total points, but only 12th overall in record.

So tonight I had a 1 point lead over the 1st place team with a 94-93 advantage (the average score being around 78).  He had Brent Celek and I had nobody going  (more bad luck I figured).

Celek caught a pass in the first quarter for 8 yards, raised his total to 12 yards early in the second quarter to tie me at 94 points, then lost 4 yards on a screen to go back down to zero points.

Never caught a pass after that.

It's nice when your luck turns around.... 
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #374 on: November 01, 2009, 03:50:31 pm »
anyone know how to get in touch with retrospec, manager of team salty?  he's failed to pay his dues so far and i'm about to lock him out if he doesn't pay up in the next 24 hours.  i've tried PMs and e-mails, no reply so far.

retrospect, if you're reading this: please pay up.  thanks.
<sig>