Author Topic: fantasy football: a league of our own  (Read 285681 times)

BookerT

Re: fantasy football: a league of our own
« Reply #390 on: December 29, 2009, 12:22:07 am »
 ;D

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #391 on: December 29, 2009, 12:33:21 pm »
kind sirs,

pardon the intrusion, as i have been out of town recently, but could someone please tell me WHO THE FUCK THIS PAINTER KID IS?!?!?

ugh.  keeping payton in probably wouldn't have solved my woes - the majority of my starters didn't quite live up to expectations - but it certainly would have helped.  watching the end of the IND-NYJ made me feel sick.
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #392 on: December 29, 2009, 01:05:01 pm »
League930 Final Standings for 2009

in first place we have a repeat performance by last year's winner the BookerT-Bars.  BookerT finished the regular season with the league's best record of 11-3-0.  he beat the NJ Barebacks in the championship game 136-116.  he might not have always scored the most points, but he scored them when they counted most.  first place purse: $120.

sweetcell's New Jersey Barebacks entered the post-season in with a 9-4-1 record and a lot of momentum, but couldn't keep up with the TBars in the end.  he scored the most points the in the league (1743), in large part due to chris johnson and payton manning - 2 of the top 4 point producers.  second place prize: $55.

placing 3rd is crever's We Are Both Carls, who rode on drew brees' ridiculous stats.  he beat fourth-place and late-surging The Ian Curtis Shake, managed by Miss P.  he's earned himself $25.

shadrach's Rock N Roll Outlaws beat team salty for 5th place, while killsaly bested Pigskin&Pigtails6949 for 7th.

winners should contact me (PM, e-mail, or through the league site) to let me know how they'd like to be paid.  i had an absolute blast once again playing with y'all, and look forward to the 2010 season. 

enjoy the real playoffs,
da commish
<sig>

BookerT

« Reply #393 on: December 29, 2009, 02:13:47 pm »
it all comes down to that redskins/saints game where the TD was originally given to the NO defense and then taken back. had that call stayed, i would have tied with cars at 11-3, he would have finished in first due to overall points, and i would have been crushed in the first round of the playoffs by sweetcell. but luck was with me, as it needs to be in fantasy football. and it's true, i did not score the most points, and all 3 of my losses came to the 2nd and 3rd place teams, but this is a team defending a title. they know when to pick their spots and they came up big in week 16. game ball goes to jonathan "daily show" stewart, coming up with 200+ yards and a TD. team MVP award goes to ray rice, who was a beast all season.

Shadrach

« Reply #394 on: July 14, 2010, 02:56:57 pm »
It's that time again  ;D

I'm in.

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #395 on: July 14, 2010, 03:02:22 pm »

I would enjoy participation as well.  If invited, I would be greatful to participate.

Brian

Shadrach

« Reply #396 on: July 14, 2010, 03:04:49 pm »
10 teams would be nice.

BookerT

« Reply #397 on: July 14, 2010, 03:05:23 pm »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #398 on: July 14, 2010, 03:09:03 pm »
i'm in too.

i'm most happy to act as commish again, should that be the will of the people.  i'll set up the league tonight or tomorrow.  i suggest that we hold off on the draft until closer to the start of the season.

anyone else?

(brian_w: participation is open to all.  i'll post instructions on how to join once i get the league set up)
<sig>

godsshoeshine

« Reply #399 on: July 14, 2010, 03:21:00 pm »
will it be yahoo?
o/\o

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #400 on: July 14, 2010, 03:32:44 pm »
ok, so i couldn't wait ;D

to join the league:

• go to yahoo fantasy football homepage (http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/)
  • click on "JOIN an existing league and compete against other players - Join a League"
  • sign in to your yahoo account (or create one)
  • click on "Join Custom League"
  • League ID: 147240, password: 930 rox.
  • create a team
  • beat BookerT

league dues are $25, payable before the first game of the season.  payment can be made via paypal or check & snail-mail, see commissioner's note on the league page: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/league930

last year's managers should have already received an invite to resurrect their old teams.  if you don't want to play this year, please decline the invitation - i believe that spots are reserved for returning teams, so free up you spot if your not going to use it.

league currently has a 12 team maximum - should i trim that down to 10?

i have tentatively set the live online draft for monday, Aug 30 at 8:00pm EDT.  we can have the usual debate about lunchtime vs. at night, i'm indifferent.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 03:36:11 pm by sweetcell »
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #401 on: July 14, 2010, 03:37:14 pm »
will it be yahoo?

yeah, i think we'll stick with yahoo.  they've improved it a lot over the past 2 years, and everyone in the league is used to it. 
<sig>

Shadrach

« Reply #402 on: July 14, 2010, 03:39:27 pm »
12 is fine with me, but at least 10 please. Last year was too watered down imho with too many quality free agents available at a moments notice.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #403 on: July 14, 2010, 03:47:52 pm »
i thought that having a decent choice of free agents was pretty cool.  it's not like a payton manning or a chris johnson were available - you were still taking some amount of risk.  it made last year more fun for me, i spent more time pondering managerial decisions (like who loses his spot on the squad for the free agent - is the free agent really worth it? etc)
<sig>

Shadrach

« Reply #404 on: July 14, 2010, 05:19:13 pm »
We'll have to agree to disagree on whether or not having more quality free agents makes things better or not.

I'll still play whether we have 2 teams or 12.

i thought that having a decent choice of free agents was pretty cool.  it's not like a payton manning or a chris johnson were available - you were still taking some amount of risk.  it made last year more fun for me, i spent more time pondering managerial decisions (like who loses his spot on the squad for the free agent - is the free agent really worth it? etc)