Author Topic: fantasy football: a league of our own  (Read 285671 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: fantasy football: a league of our own
« Reply #435 on: November 16, 2010, 01:15:00 pm »
<sig>

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #436 on: November 17, 2010, 12:46:37 am »
I just love being an Eagles fan right about now.
FUKIT

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #437 on: December 19, 2010, 05:53:59 pm »
I just love being an Eagles fan right about now.

;D

eagles vs. giants - best 4th quarter performance by any team this year?

going in to the 4th, i was certain that i was going to lose today's fantasy semi-final.  boldin and TO combined for a donut, no one was pulling their weight...  then vick put up stupid points and now Shadrach has a 60-point hill to climb in the late games.

in the other semis, Pigskin&Pigtails6949 is in a solid position against the Booker T-Bars.  she's behind by 30 but has a lot of players yet to hit the field, most notably brady & branch.  i've still got gronkowski so c'mon pats - let's put this talk of threepeat to bed.
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #438 on: December 19, 2010, 06:40:53 pm »
hey bookerT: starting webb as a WR?!?  fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...  how the hell is he still eligible/listed as a WR??

there should be a rule that if you don't start a player as a QB, you can't get a full game's worth of QB points. 
<sig>

BookerT

« Reply #439 on: December 19, 2010, 06:41:58 pm »
hey bookerT: starting webb as a WR?!?  fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...  how the hell is he still eligible/listed as a WR??

there should be a rule that if you don't start a player as a QB, you can't get a full game's worth of QB points. 

he was drafted as a WR. hey, i don't make the rules, i just play by them...

walkonby

« Reply #440 on: December 20, 2010, 12:17:36 am »
as a nfl player . . . exactly what do you have to do for the power money hungry nazi goodell to actually say, "hey maybe we should do something?"  i guess tyler brayton is too "important" to the "sport" and makes more revenue for the higher ups than alosi.  plus alosi can't be on your fantasy league, so why care, right?  and to add insult, they try to cover up it up?  god i'm glad i don't support the nfl and the hacks who control your minds. 

BookerT

« Reply #441 on: December 20, 2010, 10:55:07 am »
god, is there any thread you don't go into and act like a fucking idiot? can't you keep that to yr own 49 retarded threads you've started?

walkonby

« Reply #442 on: December 20, 2010, 12:11:58 pm »
i get paid by the hour to be an idiot.  got to keep the bosses happy.  merry christmas. 

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #443 on: December 20, 2010, 01:24:37 pm »
god, is there any thread you don't go into and act like a fucking idiot? can't you keep that to yr own 49 retarded threads you've started?

Walkonby's awesome.  Quit hating on the man.

I actually thought Walkie was drawn to this issue because of this portion of the article:

"According to Glazer, other teams indeed use a ?wall? concept.  One team even calls the move ?Pink Floyd.?

Brian

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #444 on: December 20, 2010, 03:51:06 pm »

he was drafted as a WR. hey, i don't make the rules, i just play by them...

yeah, and the rule sucks.  he's not starting as a WR, he's not going to play as a WR - so he shouldn't be listed as a WR.  if anyone else pulled that move before you did i stongly suspect you'd think it stinks too.  oh well.

not that you need the extra points this week - looks like we're headed for a repeat of last year's finals.  with any luck the CHI d-line will destroy webb to such an extend that we won't have to worry about whether or not you start him next week ;D
<sig>

BookerT

« Reply #445 on: December 20, 2010, 03:53:15 pm »
i'm actually playing against webb in my other league ... and now it looks like it's all a moot point because favre is back from the dead. in fact, if favre does play i'll win because of the attempted cheap-play-ploy with webb. and no matter what i wasn't gonna start him next week because there was no way i could "win cheap" (even if it's just the rules).

ANYWAY - next week, it's on. need arian foster to heal up and for darren mcfadden to not lose those goalline touches.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #446 on: December 27, 2010, 09:44:21 pm »
ANYWAY - next week, it's on. need arian foster to heal up and for darren mcfadden to not lose those goalline touches.

one out of two ain't bad?  foster got the job done while mcfadden limped by.  still, they combined for 26 points - respectable.  hellova lot better than my CJ, boldin and TJones putting up a total of 8.  i came really really really close to putting in white instead of jones.  dammit.  and thank goodness you didn't start forte.

so the final is going down to the wire.  yours truly is leading BookerT by 7 points, but he has 4 players to go while i only have 3.  if you add up current score plus yahoo's projected stats, it'll end 113-110 in my favor.  another reputable site has projected final scores of 106-105.  projected stats are only a step above meaningless but i'm using them as statistical proof that this is still anyone's title (as if i needed it).  i'm going to be watching both remainings games with heightened interest.  my take: it'll come down to whether or not Vick pulls a superman tomorrow night.

shadrach has a pretty solid lock on 3rd place, barring ridiculous performances by colston and gonzales tonight. 
<sig>

BookerT

« Reply #447 on: December 28, 2010, 11:29:02 am »
i gotta say that i like your chances. i was really hoping they'd play the philly game in bad weather, that seems to be the only possible way to slow vick. dude really wants to win mvp and brady just won another game with 3 TDs and no picks, so vick needs to step up. my best hope is lots of stalled drives that end in akers field goals. plus you got philly d against an incompetent QB.

« Reply #448 on: December 28, 2010, 03:36:55 pm »
Damn I didn't pay attention to how the playoffs worked and didn't know I was playing this week. I didn't set my team for the consolation game. Was there a 3rd place prize that I screwed myself out of?
xoxo

BookerT

« Reply #449 on: December 29, 2010, 11:17:29 am »
damnnnnn - congrats to sweetcell, he won 102 to 100. each vick turnover and minnesota score (he had philly d) gave me a chance, but akers missing a 54 field goal at the end of the first half did me in. the eagles *should* have kicked a field goal with 30 seconds left and done an onsides kick (they needed 2 scores) but alas. fun season.