Author Topic: fantasy football: a league of our own  (Read 285726 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: fantasy football: a league of our own
« Reply #555 on: November 29, 2011, 02:07:33 pm »
there was some real craziness going on in last night's game. three very big come-from-behind victories with serious playoff implications. hoya went from down 53 to winning by 12, and he only had 2 players going!

that definitely gets my vote for comeback of the year.

eli had me nervous for most of the game.  he ended up producing more than what i needed, but 60% of his output was in the fourth quarter.  made for some anxious game-watching on my end.  think of how great the giants would be if they played with that urgency and efficiency during the entire game (yes, i know, saints were in garbage-time mode for the most part, but still...)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 02:10:41 pm by sweetcell »
<sig>

Stillwater

« Reply #556 on: November 29, 2011, 06:28:27 pm »
Nevermind
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 06:34:25 pm by Stillwater »

Stillwater

« Reply #557 on: December 05, 2011, 09:20:20 am »
Big game tonight for the 4th playoff spot.  Hoya is up a game in the standings and 18 points on the week.  If Philip Rivers and Nick Novak score more than 18, him and We Are Both Carls will be tied going into next week.  If River breaks his arm (or basically keeps playing the way he has) Hoya can clinch it tonight.

Congrats to Booker and killsaly for locking up playoff berths!

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #558 on: December 06, 2011, 10:58:03 am »
in the immortal words of brent musberger - this one's for all the tostitos
(o|o)

Yada

« Reply #559 on: December 06, 2011, 01:41:12 pm »
Officially the worst fantasy season I've had in a long time.

Thanks 930 League!! I'll be back next year!

killsaly

« Reply #560 on: December 06, 2011, 06:45:19 pm »
Congrats to Booker and killsaly for locking up playoff berths!
Thanks! I believe this is the best I have ever done in this league.

BookerT

« Reply #561 on: December 13, 2011, 12:36:01 pm »
killsaly finished in first place at 11-3 despite being the 8th highest scoring team in the league. looks ripe for a first round upset at the hands of we are both carls, who snuck into the playoffs despite losing in week because hoya lost, too. i'm facing off against stillwater in a battle of 10-4 teams ravaged by injuries.

Stillwater

« Reply #562 on: December 14, 2011, 09:26:16 am »
Yeah, definitely a wide open field.  It hurts losing Jennings, but hopefully AP returns...

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #563 on: December 18, 2011, 01:20:32 am »
those of us in the basement aren't officially in any form of playoff but we can have an off-the-books competition as yahoo is still scoring us.  it would be:

- Pigskin&Pigtails6949 vs. The Ian Curtis Shake
- I Hate Pink Floyd vs. New Jersey Barebacks    

sorry for bringing this up so late, but luckily no one missed out on the thursday and saturday games so we're all even there. 

back to the real playoffs, things are off to a rip-roarin' start for BookerT vs. Stillwater.  i think the over/under on that one is 260.
<sig>

Stillwater

« Reply #564 on: December 18, 2011, 06:04:01 pm »
When Matt Ryan, Donald Brown and Willis McGahee combine for 50-60 pts against you, its not your year...

Stillwater

« Reply #565 on: December 18, 2011, 08:20:13 pm »
I spoke too soon I guess... I need to send Matthew Stafford a XMas card.

Up 10 with Ryan Matthews and Shaun Suisham vs. Vincent Jackson and Mike Wallace.

Hard to predict... Jackson and Wallace are your definition of feast or famine receivers.  Should be an interesting finish...

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #566 on: December 18, 2011, 08:25:12 pm »
was today opposite day in the NFL?
<sig>

BookerT

« Reply #567 on: December 19, 2011, 12:02:39 pm »
I spoke too soon I guess... I need to send Matthew Stafford a XMas card.

Up 10 with Ryan Matthews and Shaun Suisham vs. Vincent Jackson and Mike Wallace.

Hard to predict... Jackson and Wallace are your definition of feast or famine receivers.  Should be an interesting finish...

Matthews sealed the deal for you. Ravens defense let me down, and hopefully they lose some playoff home games and Flacco turns in another road stinkbomb. It will take a truly monster game from Wallace and maybe a missed 31 FG or two from Suisham for me to have a chance...

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #568 on: December 20, 2011, 12:32:30 pm »
killsaly finished in first place at 11-3 despite being the 8th highest scoring team in the league. looks ripe for a first round upset at the hands of we are both carls

score one for the booker.  WABC took care of biznatch despite the fine performance put on by SF's defense last night (you owe reggie bush a thank-you note).  if i was killsaly, i'd consider putting a hit out on mike williams. 

in ther other semi-final, Stillwater drowned the BookerT-Bar's hopes of re-starting his dynasty.  harvin picked a bad week to take a snooze, but that stafford/matthews/atlanta mix would be a lot for anyone to overcome. 

Hoya Paranoia rode the 1-2 of brees and mccoy to beat TBD to earn himself a spot in the 5-th place game.  he'll be facing off against the RnR Outlaws who laid down team sally with another huge day for the Seattle D (best late-season pick-up ever?).  tough going for team sally, what with putting up a rather impressive 115 points thanks to megatron and DHB.

and in the left-over round, The Ian Curtis Shake beat out Pigskin&Pigtails6949 while the New Jersey Barebacks bested I Hate Pink Floyd... not that i'm 100% sure anyone else is still bothering to play down there.
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #569 on: December 20, 2011, 03:33:32 pm »
Rough one for Smackie.

Eliminated from my loser pool in week 15 (Carolina).  #10 overall in a 250+ person pool.  I get as much as the guy who was eliminated in week one...

I lost in the fantasy playoffs by .1 and would have won but for the chop block call late in the 4th last night.

My Steelers lost and I had to endure it with a bunch of Niners fans, yet most texts I received were about how embarrassing my city is that it can't keep it light's on.

All true stories.
27>34