Author Topic: fantasy football: a league of our own  (Read 285775 times)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
Re: fantasy football: a league of our own
« Reply #645 on: November 30, 2012, 12:58:18 pm »
bashing a fantasy projection is a lot like bashing the farmer's almanac for predicting the wrong forecast.
I'm not bashing it, I just think it's a sham because people play their team based on those projections when they SHOULD do a skoach of research. Although NO defense is horrid against the pass and the run, odds were more in the favor of the running backs having better games, and that's what I went with!
‼‼?‼‼

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #646 on: December 02, 2012, 10:21:35 pm »
well i picked the right night to start brees and sit ATL DEF.

eh, should be an easy win for you.

as i was saying...

as i was saying...

but i'm no longer upset.  as of about 2 weeks ago i stopped caring about this season.
<sig>

wml7

« Reply #647 on: December 04, 2012, 12:39:28 am »
ahhhh, damn it santana moss
 ;D

stevewizzle

« Reply #648 on: December 04, 2012, 11:03:45 am »
god bless you, santana moss

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #649 on: December 04, 2012, 12:05:22 pm »
God bless Alfred Morris. Not only did I get to SEE him gash the Giants in person, but he also won me my fantasy game this week. 8-5 with 1 game left!! #2 in the league! BOOYA!

EDIT: I dropped to #3 in the league, am still on top of my divison, but the guy who is #2 in my division, is now #2 in the league...... It doesn't make sense because I beat him.... unless the rankings go by points if we're both tied [both 8-5].... that's upsetting.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 12:17:00 pm by DeathFromAbove1979 »
‼‼?‼‼

wml7

« Reply #650 on: December 04, 2012, 12:37:16 pm »
this season has been beyond frustrating for me.  i realize that FF has its ups and downs, but seems like my year has been mostly downs.

booker: it is still mathematically possible for you to make the playoffs.  if Godieinhell2 looses the next 2 games and you win both, and you rack up the points while he doesn't, you'd be in.  scumbag steve and We Are Both Carls would need to do their parts by lying down... but it's still possible.

shit spoke too soon, I might lose next two games.  great, just great
 ;D

stevewizzle

« Reply #651 on: December 04, 2012, 01:37:52 pm »
this season has been beyond frustrating for me.  i realize that FF has its ups and downs, but seems like my year has been mostly downs.

booker: it is still mathematically possible for you to make the playoffs.  if Godieinhell2 looses the next 2 games and you win both, and you rack up the points while he doesn't, you'd be in.  scumbag steve and We Are Both Carls would need to do their parts by lying down... but it's still possible.

shit spoke too soon, I might lose next two games.  great, just great
 ;D

somewhat fitting that we are playing the top 2 teams for the last playoff spot.

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #652 on: December 06, 2012, 03:49:34 pm »
One of them would be me!  ;D

somewhat fitting that we are playing the top 2 teams for the last playoff spot.
[/quote]

wml7

« Reply #653 on: December 12, 2012, 01:45:07 pm »
good God, I'm falling apart before the playoffs
 ;D

shit, just realized I didn't make it, ughhhhhhhh
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 01:47:18 pm by wml7 »

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #654 on: December 12, 2012, 01:48:21 pm »
Finished as the #2 seed, 9-5, 2nd highest scoring team in the league!

Only changed I've made to my line-up in 3 weeks is my kicker muahahaha

Peyton, Alf, Michael Turner, Megatron, Randall Cobb, Aaron Hernandez, Julio Jones, Shaun Suisham, and the Denver defense. Thanks bro's. I've won my last 6 of 7 heading in. AND I'M PISSED! Should have had a better record.

Our commissioner also dropped the players of 2 of the 4 teams that didn't make it so there is an insane amount of high scoring people to pick up off the waiver wire SO our playoffs just got a LOT more interesting...
‼‼?‼‼

wml7

« Reply #655 on: December 12, 2012, 01:50:59 pm »
good luck to ya

I'm still alive in my espn one
 ;D

oh yeah, damn you Santana Moss and damn you Wes Welker for not catching the 20 touchdowns Brady threw the other night
 ;D
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 01:52:39 pm by wml7 »

stevewizzle

« Reply #656 on: December 12, 2012, 03:01:00 pm »
good luck to ya

I'm still alive in my espn one
 ;D

oh yeah, damn you Santana Moss and damn you Wes Welker for not catching the 20 touchdowns Brady threw the other night
 ;D

i would have got the brady points and still finished infront of you :)

wml7

« Reply #657 on: December 12, 2012, 03:54:21 pm »
Ahhhhhh

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #658 on: December 12, 2012, 03:58:05 pm »
in the "also-ran"/participation award show-down, it's Velvet Snow vs. New Jersey Barebacks and Pigskin&Pigtails6949 vs. team salty for spots 9 through 12.  although these games aren't officially tracked on the website, the system will score your team's performance just like any other week so don't forget to play this weekend.
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #659 on: December 26, 2012, 06:22:15 pm »
League930 Final Standings for 2012

another year, another new champion: our champion is Hoya Paranoia.  congrats on your first place finish and on the birth of your son!  the $150 prize is already spoken for, i assume.  hoya beat jeffml's Crump's Brother, who will have to console himself with his $65 prize.  third place, and $25, goes to Yada's Something Witty who beat 4th place finisher scumbag steve (stevewizzle).

killsaly beat the BookerT Bars for 5th place, while We Are Both Carls beat wlm7's Godieinhell2 for 7th.

and in the "are we still playing?" bracket, the New Jersey Barebacks took 9th place from team salty, and Velvet Snow beat Pigskin&Pigtails6949 for 11th place.  but really, we're all losers.

let's do it again next year.  reminder: draft party at my place, will have an IIPA freshly brewed for the occasion.  enjoy the real playoffs,
da commish

p.s. two managers haven't paid their dues - my bad for not collecting/reminding you sooner.  you know who you are (and if you don't, you'll be getting an e-mail shortly ;D)
<sig>