Author Topic: fantasy football: a league of our own  (Read 285723 times)

Yada

Re: fantasy football: a league of our own
« Reply #750 on: August 15, 2014, 12:34:52 pm »
Draft date confirmed?

How much and is your normal email address your paypal sweetcell?

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #751 on: August 15, 2014, 03:52:48 pm »
ditto - send us amount due and paypal account

Draft date confirmed?

How much and is your normal email address your paypal sweetcell?

stevewizzle

« Reply #752 on: August 15, 2014, 07:49:38 pm »
8 of 12 managers have renewed - yeehaw!

one of the outstanding 4 is killsaly... is he still around, or has he left the board?  that might be a spot for some fresh meat.

oh.. he is here... legends never leave.

wasn't he the one who got called out for not setting his roster, and he cited having a life and work (presumably a desk job where he sits in front of a computer 40 hours a week) as the reason for not taking 30 seconds out of his life to set his roster?

yeah, i hope he returns.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #753 on: August 16, 2014, 09:54:59 pm »
draft currently set for Wednesday August 27, at 8:30 pm.  a few folks have voiced opinions but no consensus has emerged, that i could detect... speak up now.

so killsally and Walalce have not renewed by the deadline.  so we can either have a league of 10, or admit two newbs.  do we even have 2 people who want to join?

dues are $20.  i'll post my email to the league message board, via a commish's note.
<sig>

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #754 on: August 17, 2014, 10:44:25 am »

I'm good with 10. Allows flexibiliy with waivers.

draft currently set for Wednesday August 27, at 8:30 pm.  a few folks have voiced opinions but no consensus has emerged, that i could detect... speak up now.

so killsally and Walalce have not renewed by the deadline.  so we can either have a league of 10, or admit two newbs.  do we even have 2 people who want to join?

dues are $20.  i'll post my email to the league message board, via a commish's note.

BookerT

« Reply #755 on: August 17, 2014, 02:43:21 pm »

I'm good with 10. Allows flexibiliy with waivers.

Personally I like 12, I think it makes things more interesting. If we could find 2 good fill-ins, I say sign 'em up. I also raised an issue on the league message board that I think could be worth adopting: adding TE to the mix at the flex spot. Why not?

Yada

« Reply #756 on: August 17, 2014, 06:42:16 pm »
10 makes the waivers more important, but I have no preference.

I always prefer a later draft date.

I'd also be up for upping the ante to ensure people don't bail halfway into the season.

My two cents.

stevewizzle

« Reply #757 on: August 17, 2014, 07:30:23 pm »
10 makes the waivers more important, but I have no preference.

I always prefer a later draft date.

I'd also be up for upping the ante to ensure people don't bail halfway into the season.

My two cents.

agree with upping the ante.

crevers

« Reply #758 on: August 18, 2014, 01:22:16 pm »

That night isn't great for me -- I'll either be drafting on my phone (let's see how the Yahoo app performs this year) or relying on adjusted pre-draft rankings.

I'm OK with all of the following: (a) 10 or 12 teams; (b) upping the ante, but let's keep it to 2-digits; (c) making the Flex a RB/WR/TE -- would have liked that last year when I had both Gronk and J.Cameron.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #759 on: August 18, 2014, 02:53:15 pm »
i've created a Doodle poll for managers to vote on which evening works best for them, for the draft.

also started a discussion thread about upping the ante... please share your thoughts.

Love,
The Peoples' Commish
<sig>

Stillwater

« Reply #760 on: August 18, 2014, 07:58:06 pm »
I'd like to join back up if you goes go up to 12.  I played a couple years back.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #761 on: August 24, 2014, 11:13:02 pm »
so i started a thread on the league message board about upping the ante but no one replied... so is that idea dead?

adding TE to the mix at the flex spot. Why not?

done, TE now eligible for flex position.

I'd like to join back up if you goes go up to 12.  I played a couple years back.

happy to have you back, unfortunately we need one more playah... you're #11, we need 12.

i will confirm the draft time in a moment.
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #762 on: August 24, 2014, 11:19:51 pm »
League930's draft will take place on:

Wednesday August 27, at 9:00 pm

that's this wednesday!  good luck everyone.
<sig>

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #763 on: August 25, 2014, 09:45:32 am »
I'd join if you guys have 1 more spot. Are you at 11 now? Or still at 10?
‼‼?‼‼

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #764 on: August 25, 2014, 09:54:05 am »
stillwater and DFA, PM me your email addresses.  if you sign up before the wednesday draft, you're in.
<sig>