Author Topic: fantasy football: a league of our own  (Read 285761 times)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
Re: fantasy football: a league of our own
« Reply #810 on: December 08, 2014, 10:33:02 am »
oh look, my team showed up. 

how nice of them.
Mine too. At least I avoided my first losing season!
‼‼?‼‼

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #811 on: December 10, 2014, 10:34:07 am »
If anyone wants any players from my team just trade me whoever and I'll accept it. First come, first serve, folks.
‼‼?‼‼

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #812 on: December 10, 2014, 05:47:07 pm »
trade deadline has long since passed, you ninny.  exactly to prevent this sort of end-of-season dumping.
<sig>

BookerT

« Reply #813 on: December 10, 2014, 10:46:23 pm »
Rough season. My guys just never got it going. I'll be back. Maybe I can at least let out some aggression on Sweetcell in the consolation bracket final.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #814 on: December 11, 2014, 01:26:35 am »
Rough season. My guys just never got it going. I'll be back. Maybe I can at least let out some aggression on Sweetcell in the consolation bracket final.

bring it, bookie.

normally i would feel all smug about finishing above BookerT, but i can't ignore the fact that he used auto-draft this year because he was unable to attend the live draft.  so despite this handicap he still achieved the same record as me (just less points).  respect.
<sig>

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #815 on: December 11, 2014, 10:16:45 am »
trade deadline has long since passed, you ninny.  exactly to prevent this sort of end-of-season dumping.
Well then, I'll just dump my team.
‼‼?‼‼

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #816 on: December 11, 2014, 10:22:24 am »
I think the fantasy football thing is the epitome of stupid nerdcrap so "no shits given," but most leagues would literally throw you out and revoke your team for even offering to dump your players.
LVMH

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #817 on: December 11, 2014, 10:29:23 am »
I think the fantasy football thing is the epitome of stupid nerdcrap so "no shits given," but most leagues would literally throw you out and revoke your team for even offering to dump your players.
We do it in 2 out of the 4 leagues I'm in. A lot of people don't get picked up. I think it's fair. I lost and have nothing to play for and am not going to be checking this league again until next year. I don't really see the big deal. If the last teams left are the best and have a few holes, why wouldn't they want to plug a hole or two? It's like the end of the baseball season when the rosters expand.
‼‼?‼‼

Yada

« Reply #818 on: December 11, 2014, 12:37:11 pm »
^^ban this guy forever^^

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #819 on: December 11, 2014, 01:10:17 pm »
I lost and have nothing to play for and am not going to be checking this league again until next year.

fine, so don't play any more, go back to your basement for the next 9 months, whatever; but don't go trying to throw the league outta whack by changing the balance and giving other teams an unearned and unfair advantage.  

i am a merciful and generous commish so i shall look the other way, but c'mon... other people still care.  there is pride and money on the line here.  i would be pissed if i lost in the playoffs because my opponents acquired your star players.

edit: and if you do indeed decide to not play anymore, BookerT will get an easy pass to the consolation round finals.  booooooo.  take him down!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 01:15:26 pm by sweetcell »
<sig>

BookerT

« Reply #820 on: December 11, 2014, 02:12:09 pm »
We do it in 2 out of the 4 leagues I'm in. A lot of people don't get picked up. I think it's fair. I lost and have nothing to play for and am not going to be checking this league ever again because I will not be allowed back in for even suggesting this course of action as a possibility and Sweetcell surely won't invite me back next year if he has any sense.

FTFY

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #821 on: December 11, 2014, 02:46:58 pm »
I lost and have nothing to play for and am not going to be checking this league again until next year.

fine, so don't play any more, go back to your basement for the next 9 months, whatever; but don't go trying to throw the league outta whack by changing the balance and giving other teams an unearned and unfair advantage.  

i am a merciful and generous commish so i shall look the other way, but c'mon... other people still care.  there is pride and money on the line here.  i would be pissed if i lost in the playoffs because my opponents acquired your star players.

edit: and if you do indeed decide to not play anymore, BookerT will get an easy pass to the consolation round finals.  booooooo.  take him down!
Alright. Some leagues do it and some don't. No big deal. I won't drop anyone.
‼‼?‼‼

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #822 on: December 11, 2014, 04:38:02 pm »
every calm down.  i will believe DFA when he says that it's normal in his other leagues (what a fucked up thing to do, tho - essentially turning your superbowl into the probowl!).  as long as he doesn't actually dump his team, he's playing within the rules of our league.  to be fair we never said you couldn't/shouldn't do this (then again, who the hell ever thought we would have to specify it).  he didn't know, luckily told us before he did it, we set him straight, now all is good.

good luck to all teams - playoffs start tonight!
<sig>

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #823 on: December 11, 2014, 05:04:14 pm »
In our other leagues we like to take sides. It's a little more about bragging rights and buying each other beer. So we have our allegiances to some. It's like a clash of titans. Plus if the person you trade with wins, you can play the old "You wouldn't have made it without me!" card.  ;)
‼‼?‼‼

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #824 on: December 11, 2014, 05:05:40 pm »
In our other leagues we like to take sides. It's a little more about bragging rights and buying each other beer. So we have our allegiances to some. It's like a clash of titans. Plus if the person you trade with wins, you can play the old "You wouldn't have made it without me!" card.  ;)
So, you're openly acknowledging your reason for doing this would be collusion?

Intentionally trying to mess with the results is arguably the only more enraging thing than just doing it without giving a crap.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 05:07:14 pm by Julian, Community ORGANIZER »
LVMH