Author Topic: fantasy football: a league of our own  (Read 285743 times)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
Re: fantasy football: a league of our own
« Reply #885 on: December 29, 2015, 12:05:05 pm »
‼‼?‼‼

Kubacheck

« Reply #886 on: December 29, 2015, 06:57:25 pm »
congrats to P&P for winning it all..... I had an odd year.... I seemed to "Ricky Bobby" a lot, either finished first or last in scoring a lot of weeks.... ended up with the 2nd highest scoring team overall, but missed the playoffs, mainly because I also had the 2nd most points scored against me.... biggest mistake was week 5, when my defense (St. Louis) was going up against GB, who was an offensive juggernaut at that point.... did some research, and decided to pick up Jacksonvilles defense, they were projected to do well against Tampa's (at the time) non-existant offense.... so then Jacksonville scores 1 point, St. Louis scored 9 on my bench and I lost by 2 and that loss (pretty much) kept me out of the playoffs..... of course, that 5 game losing streak after winning in week 1 didn't help either, but every time I'd claw back up to where a win would put me in a playoff spot, my team would shit the bed..... ah well, wait till next year!!

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #887 on: January 05, 2016, 03:19:26 pm »
apologies to everyone for the delay in making this official.  i got back from vacation late last week, been crazy at work after 2 weeks out of the office, blah blah blah... anyhoo, here it is:

League930 Final Standings for 2015

This year's trophy goes to Pigskin&Pigtails6949, who just snuck past Flying Elbows (DFA1979) to claim first place.  interestingly, both of these two finalists barely made it into the post-season with 7-7 records.  6949 gets bragging rights and $120, DFA has $55 to buy bandages.  third place (and $25) goes to We Are Both Carls (crevers).  He dominated the regular season at 12-2 but had some bad luck in the semis: despite a great performance from KC DST and his opponent getting doughnuts from 2 players who didn't suit up, he lost.  he nudged out team salty (retrospec), who gets nothing.  NOTHING.

KOAS (Kubachek) bested Godieinhell2 (wml17) for fifth, while my NJ Barebacks took 7th place from Crump's Brother (jeffml) who looks like he didn't even play....

thanks everyone for yet another fun season and an on-going excuse to pay more attention to football than i probably should.  hope to see y'all back next year.

enjoy the real playoffs,
da commish
<sig>

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #888 on: January 06, 2016, 11:47:27 am »
Fun season! Battled from 8th to 4th, snuck into the playoffs and got 2nd place! See yawl next year!
‼‼?‼‼

Kubacheck

« Reply #889 on: June 24, 2016, 08:51:22 pm »
got an email from Yahoo saying the league was auto-renewed, the league page is live.... I'm in for this year if we're still doing it....

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #890 on: June 24, 2016, 11:58:55 pm »
I'm in

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #891 on: June 27, 2016, 09:50:41 am »
In
‼‼?‼‼

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #892 on: June 27, 2016, 10:07:46 am »
greetings, denizens of footballfantasylandia,

it's on, like ping pong.

prepare to witness that which will be brought.
<sig>

crevers

« Reply #893 on: June 28, 2016, 10:49:54 am »
The Carls are in.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #894 on: June 28, 2016, 10:56:49 am »
i've tentatively set the draft for Tuesday September 6 at 9:00 pm.  that's the tuesday after labor day, and 2 days before the season kicks off on thursday night (SB rematch: panthers at broncos).  we can discuss this as we get a little closer to the time and we know what our schedules look like in late august/early september.
<sig>

Kubacheck

« Reply #895 on: June 28, 2016, 04:11:43 pm »
^ I'll be at Television at the club that night so it looks like auto-drafting for me....

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #896 on: June 28, 2016, 05:06:53 pm »
not available that Thursday.  and you don't want me autopicking...my picks are always worse.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #897 on: June 28, 2016, 05:34:46 pm »
^ I'll be at Television at the club that night so it looks like auto-drafting for me....

nah, this is a legitimate reason ;D  i suspect others might be at this show too... question: will more people be at the Television show on tuesday, or Of Montreal on wednesday?!?

i'm afraid of moving the draft to the previous week, since folks tend to be on vacation.  maybe i'll set up an online poll and we can vote on the best dates.

not available that Thursday.  and you don't want me autopicking...my picks are always worse.

draft definitely wouldn't be on thursday (9/08) since the first game is that night.  draft needs to happen before then.
<sig>

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #898 on: June 29, 2016, 10:26:48 am »
I'm in for Tuesday the 6th.
‼‼?‼‼

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #899 on: June 29, 2016, 10:54:38 am »
i'll wait 'til early august so we can get the teams/participants set, and then set up a poll for us to vote on the best night for the draft... or maybe folks will prefer during the day?  like a lunch-time draft?  we'll find out in august!

da commish
<sig>