Author Topic: Lollapalooza 2007 line up - post here  (Read 25904 times)

bnyced0

Re: Lollapalooza 2007 line up - post here
« Reply #120 on: June 12, 2007, 11:06:00 am »
Originally posted by sweetcell:
  actually, lolla looks to be much more manageable than coachella was.  at one point in indio, i had five bands that i would have wanted to check out playing at the same time!

my conflicts, which are all manageable IMO:
 daft punk vs interpol (winner: DP)
 the rapture vs. SSPU (winner: rap)
 STS9 vs. cold war kids (winner: CWK)
 PBJ vs. Yo La Tengo vs. !!! clusterf*ck (winner: should be !!!, but i've seen them a lot recently so TBD)

looks like walking distance between stages was shorter at coachella than it will be in lolla, based on last year's site map.
Arent' DP and Interpol on different days, do you mean Muse or ben harper?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #121 on: June 12, 2007, 11:17:00 am »
brainfart.  meant muse vs. interpol (winner: muse).
<sig>

grotty

« Reply #122 on: June 12, 2007, 11:21:00 am »
The only conflict that's going to bother me is TVOTR right up until P Jam late Sunday night.

My 2 must sees @ the event back-to-back on different stages. Something's gotta give.

Bags

« Reply #123 on: June 13, 2007, 11:10:00 am »
Originally posted by sweetcell:
  brainfart.  meant muse vs. interpol (winner: muse).
I'll see you at Muse!   ;)

bearman🐻

« Reply #124 on: June 13, 2007, 12:23:00 pm »
I'll be at Iggy...and in the minority at Interpol  :)

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #125 on: June 13, 2007, 12:36:00 pm »
Originally posted by bearman:
  I'll be at Iggy...and in the minority at Interpol   :)  
ill be at interpol too  :)  and im most excited to see the fratellis, as its the one band i kept missing in nyc. well daft punk is right up there on that list. most the other bands ive already seen, so its just about figuring out who i most want/need to see.

for me: fratellis, interpol, !!!, CSS, LCD Soundsystem and Daft Punk.   guess itll be a dance party for me that weekend  :)  

now if maccabees will be added id be happy
HeyLa

Vas Deferens

« Reply #126 on: June 19, 2007, 01:31:00 pm »
It is indeed a dance party on that Friday...

When is everyone leaving the DC area? I'm leaving on Friday morning at 10 am!
(_|_)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #127 on: June 19, 2007, 02:09:00 pm »
the lady and i are leaving at 8:30 am on friday, flying direct and having lunch with mom before heading over to grant park in time to catch a bit of the fratellis (damn lolla starts early each day!).  

me = http://lollapalooza.com/schedule/ ==> code: LOLLA1584307 - still needs to be de-dup'ed, i have some unresolved conflicts.  family obligations might mean that i get there later than currently planned.  and as i was reminded at coachella, the best laid plans get thrown out the window when a good set grabs ya  :)
<sig>

bnyced0

« Reply #128 on: June 19, 2007, 02:12:00 pm »
Not leaving til the afternoon, first act to see likely Black Keys.  I refuse to have gay set times rule my life....anymore.

Summerteeth

« Reply #129 on: June 19, 2007, 02:45:00 pm »
My flight is sometime around 7 AM.

First show I want to see for sure is Polyphonic Spree at 2:30, but check in at the hotel is not till 3.  I hope the hotel will hold my bag and not rifle through it.

Some questions:

How is Son Volt live these days?
 Daft Punk live or do the known-quantity of Ben Harper?
 For someone who's not a fan particularly of either,  Muse or Interpol?
 Tapes n' Tapes put on a good show?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #130 on: June 19, 2007, 03:58:00 pm »
Originally posted by You go, Judge Alito:
  My flight is sometime around 7 AM.

First show I want to see for sure is Polyphonic Spree at 2:30, but check in at the hotel is not till 3.  I hope the hotel will hold my bag and not rifle through it.

Some questions:

How is Son Volt live these days?
 Daft Punk live or do the known-quantity of Ben Harper?
 For someone who's not a fan particularly of either,  Muse or Interpol?
 Tapes n' Tapes put on a good show?
- your bags should be safe at the hotel, unless it's really really shady.
 - dunno about son volt, never seen'em, but i'm curious.
 - if you're into dance music at all, you owe it to yourself to check out daft punk
 - i'd suggest muse over interpol - more exciting stage show (showmanship), virtuoso musicians
 - t'n't are fun, i wouldn't say MUST-see but a good choice.  at 'chella i couldn't take my eyes off the drummer - thinnest geekiest most limp-wristed drummer i've ever seen, funny to watch, damn effective.
<sig>

bearman🐻

« Reply #131 on: June 19, 2007, 05:31:00 pm »
I have seen Muse twice...at first I kind of thought they were cool, then just realized that they sound like a hybrid of Queen, Nirvana and Radiohead all rolled into one. I'm probably one of the few people here that thinks they're totally overrated.

rich_WDC

« Reply #132 on: June 19, 2007, 11:27:00 pm »
I'll be there firstthing, courtesy of a semi work visit on Thursday.

eros

« Reply #133 on: June 20, 2007, 09:30:00 am »
We don't arrive until 12:45 on Friday which rules out the Fratellis and Son Volt/Ted Leo.  I guess the first thing we'll see will be the Polyphonic Spree.
ʎɐʍou

bnyced0

« Reply #134 on: June 20, 2007, 09:30:00 am »
Is that particular hybrid a bad thing?  We could play spot that influence with just about everyone, but I guess the test is whether they develop a unique identity over time, I think since album 3 they've stopped sounding like a poor man's RH/Queen, and sound like Muse.  I suppose they're overrated in Europe and Asia, but here?  I'm shocked they're playing this arena tour in the fall, and curious whether there will be any sell outs.  I must live in a black hole because I can't imagine how they could have a fan base here large enough to play arenas.  Is this an off shoot of MCR tour they did.  I don't listen to the radio so I don't know if they're played there or have videos or whatever but one thing is undebatable IMO is that in a festival setting there are few better.  I love Interpol and I'm going to see them in AC & Norfolk but on a big stage they don't come across well unless you're a hardcore fan, which I am but I'm still going to see Muse.

Originally posted by bearman:
  I have seen Muse twice...at first I kind of thought they were cool, then just realized that they sound like a hybrid of Queen, Nirvana and Radiohead all rolled into one. I'm probably one of the few people here that thinks they're totally overrated.