Author Topic: Lollapalooza 2007 line up - post here  (Read 25915 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Lollapalooza 2007 line up - post here
« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2007, 02:37:00 am »
Originally posted by le sonick:
  FUCK  thats a good lineup!
ya know sonick, there's a very easy way for you to get out of having to go on a honeymoon...  :p
<sig>

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2007, 08:03:00 am »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
  For some reason, I don't see V-Fest topping that lineup.
ahem

bnyced0

« Reply #77 on: April 12, 2007, 08:12:00 am »
Originally posted by Seth Hurwitz:

Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
  For some reason, I don't see V-Fest topping that lineup.
ahem [/b]
It wouldn't be much of an effort to top it. The only thing unique about Lolla is Daft Punk and the urban environment of Chicago which presents great post show after hour opportunities.   Going Friday, and Saturday to see Daft Punk and whoever else plays those days is enough for me and I'm heading back for the second day of VFest.  Now I don't feel so bad about the festivals crossing each other and I can even make it to work on Monday.  And fact my ticket only cost $60 makes bailing a lot more palatable, as well as saving a hotel night.  Never thought I'd be so stoked about a mediocre line up.

bnyced0

« Reply #78 on: April 12, 2007, 08:22:00 am »
Originally posted by wxdude:
  I think the line-up is great too, glad I purchased the early-bird tickets. Can't believe all the people on the Lolla board bitching about how the line-up sucks.
I think it's more of a perspective thing. If you're only festival in 2007 is Lolla, it's pretty impressive.  But if you go to say Coachella, Bonnaroo, your local radio fest, and a host of individual shows then there's nothing special about it.  Pearl Jam playing a festival is their selling point, but is that really all that great?  Daft Punk is the highlight, looks like the YYY's only appearance in 2007 as well.  Part of the problem is now we have so many festivals that the organizers are running out of "wow" line-ups to throw at us.

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #79 on: April 12, 2007, 08:22:00 am »
I'm happy with the lineup. There are several bands that I've missed or have always wanted to see. Should be fun!

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #80 on: April 12, 2007, 08:33:00 am »
Roky Erickson is about the only artist on that list of major interest to me, but given reviews of his show at Noisefest and that he's still a few fries short of a happy meal, makes me wonder if there wont be a last minute cancellation for him.
T.Rex

sonickteam2

« Reply #81 on: April 12, 2007, 08:51:00 am »
Originally posted by bnyced0:
   Part of the problem is now we have so many festivals  
this is completely amazing!!!!  Just 3 or 4 years ago, North Americans were complaining to no end that we didnt have enough good festivals!!!

now we have too many?  insane!

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #82 on: April 12, 2007, 09:09:00 am »
confirmed line-up:    http://www.lollapalooza.com/lineup/Lolla_Static_Lineup_Page.pdf  

cute/annoying star wars-like scrolling flash version: http://www.lollapalooza.com/default.asp?fd=1&sid=1

as far as i can tell, it's exactly as leaked yesterday.  and that's just fiiiiiiiiiiiiine by me!
<sig>

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #83 on: April 12, 2007, 09:35:00 am »
  I think it's more of a perspective thing. If you're only festival in 2007 is Lolla, it's pretty impressive.  But if you go to say Coachella, Bonnaroo, your local radio fest, and a host of individual shows then there's nothing special about it.  
True, but most people aren't professional concert-goers.

bnyced0

« Reply #84 on: April 12, 2007, 09:42:00 am »
Originally posted by le sonick:

Part of the problem is now we have so many festivals  
this is completely amazing!!!!  Just 3 or 4 years ago, North Americans were complaining to no end that we didnt have enough good festivals!!!

now we have too many?  insane! [/b]
I didn't say it as a complaint, or did I say TOO many festivals.  But rather as a reality that with so many festivals basically copying one another it's difficult to get too much variety.  I don't think ANY of the US festivals are on par with the best euro festivals but we have a different mentality here and more obstacles.  I think it's criminal to have festivals start at 10am and end at 10pm, having "dance tents" during daylight hours, and cramming everything together so you have to choose between two great acts.  But the fact that we have anything approaching a normal festival instead of these "radio shows" is good but not optimal. And don't take my comments and smear the rest of america, I don't speak for them.

bnyced0

« Reply #85 on: April 12, 2007, 09:51:00 am »
Originally posted by Bombay Chutney:

I think it's more of a perspective thing. If you're only festival in 2007 is Lolla, it's pretty impressive.  But if you go to say Coachella, Bonnaroo, your local radio fest, and a host of individual shows then there's nothing special about it.  
True, but most people aren't professional concert-goers. [/b]
I named the most mainstream and easily attended festivals I could think of to make my point, if I was referring to "professional concert-goers" I'd put SXSW, CMJ, Noorderslag, POPCOM, ATP, Pitchfork, NXNE, and assortment of other venues where you could see 75% of the Lolla line-up at smaller, more intimate atmospheres.  It's a good thing there are so many opportunities to see a lot of bands.  But it makes any particular festival, especially later in the year not that much different from any other.  ie. When Bjork was announced to play Coachella it was huge (and still is), but she's also playing Sasquatch, Glastonbury, Connect, Seine, and countless others.  Again this is good thing, the earth is shrinking and great music is within the reach of most, but if you even just attend two festivals a year you're likely to have a 50% overlap.  Again this isn't bad, but when there were fewer festivals they were more unique (not necessarily better, but different). These aren't complaints just observations.

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #86 on: April 12, 2007, 02:12:00 pm »
this is great! i could care less that by that time Ill have seen nearly every band in nyc that i had wanted to see.  

im extremely glad ill finally be able to see the fratellis. didnt even realize they were back in nyc and of course sold out in 2 seconds. and theres other bands ive just not gotten around to seeing !!! , daft punk, and hearing new interpol stuff. im beyond excited!    :)

now if the dandy warhols are added, i might just faint!
HeyLa

lily1

« Reply #87 on: April 12, 2007, 11:34:00 pm »
no frames this year? bummer! last year they did both lolla and the lolla aftershow at metro.

bnyced0

« Reply #88 on: April 13, 2007, 09:56:00 am »
Originally posted by lily1:
  no frames this year? bummer! last year they did both lolla and the lolla aftershow at metro.
Noting what you just said, I'm curious why you'd think they'd play again this year? Indeed to the point of being bummed out?

Bags

« Reply #89 on: April 13, 2007, 10:07:00 am »
Originally posted by kurosawa-b/w:
  I'm happy with the lineup. There are several bands that I've missed or have always wanted to see. Should be fun!
Are you going?  I know  you've gone in the past.  Cool beans!  We have reservations at the Congress Plaza Hotel (apparently it's closest to Grant Park).  If there's a better place to stay, let me know.  Yeah!!