Author Topic: Feist sold out or malfunction?  (Read 3286 times)

hooknew22

Feist sold out or malfunction?
« on: May 21, 2007, 11:40:00 pm »
I'm posting in the tickets wanted in case it's sold out, I'm going to be devastated if it is!

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
Re: Feist sold out or malfunction?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 07:09:00 am »
so why didn't you just buy them when they went on sale

Vas Deferens

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 07:44:00 am »
It's sold out! Better luck next time  :)
(_|_)

hooknew22

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 07:48:00 am »
Because I was in debt from a two-day VFest ticket and was trying to wait until my next paycheck.  Oh well, next time I guess...

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 09:34:00 am »
Originally posted by hooknew22:
  Because I was in debt from a two-day VFest ticket and was trying to wait until my next paycheck.  Oh well, next time I guess...
Oh, snap!  Good comeback, hooknew22.  I like you.

What an asinine thing to say when a show sells out:  "Why didn't you buy your tickets when they went on sale?"  Why didn't you buy your tickets before they sold out?  Is there a reason to ask that question (I don't care WHO asks it) except to rub it in?  Is there a legitimate answer to that question?

That's like asking the Cleveland Cavaliers last night: "Ummm, why didn't you score more points?"

Good luck with V-fest, Seth.  Maybe next year you can get Duran Duran and The Arcade Fire to headline and only charge $650 for VIP tickets.

Brian

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007, 09:40:00 am »
Or even better. Duran Duran with the Power Station, with Robert Palmer on lead vocals.

But seriously, if you're living from paycheck to paycheck and are buying V-Fest tickets, you probably need a reality check.

yinzer

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 09:47:00 am »
i'd bet the price of a feist ticket that you could easily get a ticket through somebody on this board or craiglist, for face value, as her show gets closer to its date.

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2007, 10:28:00 am »
or just suck it up and go to voxtrot.
nothx

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2007, 10:52:00 am »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
  But seriously, if you're living from paycheck to paycheck and are buying V-Fest tickets, you probably need a reality check.
oh, snap! best comeback, rhett. i like you.
<sig>

Vas Deferens

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2007, 10:55:00 am »
Just wondering, did you have an intention of purchasing Feist tickets last night or were you just checking if there are still tickets available? I do it a lot...I do a lot of procrastination   :)  Something tells me that you were just checking, because you said you were gonna wait til your next paycheck to purchase them  :D

Originally posted by hooknew22:
(_|_)

azaghal1981

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2007, 12:26:00 pm »
Good thing I snagged mine right before the air show.  :D

I'm honestly more excited for Grizzly Bear after their black cat performance which pretty much had everyone in the room fixated on the stage. You don't see things like that much anymore.
احمد

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2007, 02:42:00 pm »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
  Or even better. Duran Duran with the Power Station, with Robert Palmer on lead vocals.

Hey, Tony Thompson and Robert Palmer are no longer with us.  Actually, neither is Bernard Edwards.  Working with John Taylor must be like watching that videotape from "The Ring."  A little respect for the dead!

I think it's pissy to accuse someone of "living paycheck to paycheck."  Who isn't?  Trust fund?  I think you should have edited your statement.  "If...you're buying V-fest tickets, you probably need a reality check."

Hooknew22 was practicing this marvelous, new invention called "budgeting."  It involves not racking up hundreds of dollars on your credit card to see overpriced concerts at the 9:30 club that you just HAVE to see.  I'd hate to see some of the people on this message board's credit ratings.  Plus, most of you are overeducated and underemployed.  So the student loans...  My god, you'll all be working at Borders and Starbucks for the rest of your lives....

Brian

P.S.  "Why does everybody have to be hating on Seth and the V-fest, man?  He's bringing a big festival to Baltimore!  If everyone didn't have anything to bitch about on this message board, you'd ceast to exist.  The Greatest Genius/Artist of the 20th/21st Century (TM) is performing!  Billy Corgan!  The Smashing Pumpkins (TM) performance at V-fest may signal The Rapture!"

BookerT

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2007, 02:46:00 pm »
Originally posted by azaghal1981:
 I'm honestly more excited for Grizzly Bear after their black cat performance which pretty much had everyone in the room fixated on the stage. You don't see things like that much anymore.
and thank god. i left after four songs. those people all needed to be punched in the face more as children. and as adults, i guess.

ggw

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2007, 02:47:00 pm »
I'll give twenty bucks to whomever removes the stick from Brian's ass.

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2007, 02:53:00 pm »
Given that you're living from paycheck to paycheck, that will probably cause you to go without food for a week.

Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  I'll give twenty bucks to whomever removes the stick from Brian's ass.