Author Topic: Worst Day of the Week  (Read 3915 times)

palahniukkubrick

Worst Day of the Week
« on: May 22, 2007, 09:39:00 am »
I'm w/ Garfield. Mondays suck. They are never happy.

bearman🐻

Re: Worst Day of the Week
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 09:46:00 am »
Tuesday kinda sucks too. Thankfully there's a 3-day weekend coming up though.

Relaxer

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 09:57:00 am »
At one of my previous jobs, I took Monday off as a flexday, and that was great. You'd start the week a little behind on Tuesday and by the time you were caught up, it was the end of the day and you were practically already in the middle of the week! It made the work week fly by.

I don't have that option at my current job, at the moment. So I take long lunch hours on Tues and Thurs to go biking at Hains Point. Anytime I start getting depressed on a Monday (or Wednesday), I just think, well, at least I'll get a good ride in tomorrow. That helps quite a bit.
oword

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 10:39:00 am »
Tuesdays and Wednesdays. At least some holidays fall on the other obvious ones, Monday and Thursday. Do any holidays regularly occur on a Tues or Wed?

nkotb

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 10:41:00 am »
Peter Gibbons: So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life.

Dr. Swanson: What about today? Is today the worst day of your life?

Peter Gibbons: Yeah.

Dr. Swanson: Wow, that's messed up.

edbert

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007, 10:51:00 am »
 Do any holidays regularly occur on a Tues or Wed?
Mardi Gras is Tuesday, if that's a holiday

ChampionshipVinyl

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 05:12:00 pm »
Originally posted by nkotb:
  Peter Gibbons: So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life.

Dr. Swanson: What about today? Is today the worst day of your life?

Peter Gibbons: Yeah.

Dr. Swanson: Wow, that's messed up.
Nice!

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2007, 05:21:00 pm »
Monday morning feels so bad,
 Ev'rybody seems to nag me
 Coming tuesday I feel better,
 Even my old man looks good,
 Wednesday just don't go,
 Thursday goes too slow,
 I've got Friday on my mind

manimtired

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2007, 05:36:00 pm »
i feel july 5th should be a the day we get off... same with the day after the superbowl

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2007, 05:39:00 pm »
Why the hell does Thanksgiving always fall on a Thursday? That's just retarded.

Venerable Bede

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2007, 05:54:00 pm »
Originally posted by Roadbike Mankie:
  Why the hell does Thanksgiving always fall on a Thursday? That's just retarded.
because george washington first said it should be on a thursday, and abraham lincoln made it permanent.

"It has seemed to me fit and proper that they should be solemnly, reverently and gratefully acknowledged as with one heart and voice by the whole American people. I do therefore invite my fellow citizens in every part of the United States, and also those who are at sea and those who are sojourning in foreign lands, to set apart and observe the last Thursday of November next, as a day of Thanksgiving and Praise to our beneficent Father who dwelleth in the Heavens. And I recommend to them that while offering up the ascriptions justly due to Him for such singular deliverances and blessings, they do also, with humble penitence for our national perverseness and disobedience, commend to his tender care all those who have become widows, orphans, mourners or sufferers in the lamentable civil strife in which we are unavoidably engaged, and fervently implore the interposition of the Almighty Hand to heal the wounds of the nation and to restore it as soon as may be consistent with the Divine purposes to the full enjoyment of peace, harmony, tranquility and Union."
OU812

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2007, 05:57:00 pm »
Originally posted by Venerable Bede:
  because george washington first said it should be on a thursday, and abraham lincoln made it permanent.
This will be changing soon.  Camilla Shabazz has said that it should fall on ramadan.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2007, 05:59:00 pm »
So did Abe make this statement while shitfaced or did he suffer from terminal verbal diarrhea?

It's still retarded.....they don't even make it a long weekend, unless you take a days annual leave for the friday.

Venerable Bede

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2007, 06:06:00 pm »
  So did Abe make this statement while shitfaced or did he suffer from terminal verbal diarrhea?

It's still retarded.....they don't even make it a long weekend, unless you take a days annual leave for the friday.
i get the friday after thanksgiving off. . .i don't think abe was much of a drinker.
  here is george washington's thanksgiving proclamation.  apparently emailing it can get you  fired from your teaching job.
OU812

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2007, 06:16:00 pm »
Originally posted by manimtired:
  i feel july 5th should be a the day we get off... same with the day after the superbowl
i fully support you in the quest to get Super Bowl Monday declared a national holiday.  i've been on that boat for years - let's face it, super bowl sunday is in the same league as fourth of july and thanksgiving, definitely bigger than easter.  to be fair, we should trade.  i'll be happy to give up President's Day in return for get SBM off.

hum, every "they" that i've worked for in this country has given me the friday off as well.
<sig>