Author Topic: Fort Reno  (Read 15664 times)

allmy$to930

Re: Fort Reno
« Reply #75 on: June 26, 2007, 10:23:00 am »
I was there.  I really liked LeJeune.  The lead singer sounds a lot like Morrissey.  I wish they would have had a bit more time on stage.

andyrichter

« Reply #76 on: June 26, 2007, 10:54:00 am »
how much time do the bands get?

tigersscareme

« Reply #77 on: June 26, 2007, 11:30:00 am »
The whole thing is only about 2 hours long..
 in an ideal world, first band on at 7:15, off at 7:50, 2nd band on at 8:05 off at 8:35, third on at 8:50-9:30

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #78 on: June 29, 2007, 12:28:00 am »
_\|/_

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
« Reply #79 on: June 29, 2007, 12:53:00 am »
hey hey, about that whole photo contest deal that we were talking about...

i just got an email from the post today stating that i was one of 25 semifinalists out of over 450 submissions.  they are going to run the winner and four finalists in the source on the 8th, and said if they have room they'll run some of the others.  if not, they'll all be up on their website.  i am 99% positive i am not the winner or one of the other four since i didn't get notified further, but i'm still pretty shocked that i even got as far as i did.

so keep an eye out.  sweet!!

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #80 on: June 29, 2007, 01:00:00 am »
Good job, Betty!!!

I've been meaning to ask you, what kind of camera do you use? You always have such good color saturation and balance. What are you doing to get those? Your's always look so much richer than what the rest of us tend to have in similar settings yet without being over saturated.

you be betty

« Reply #81 on: June 29, 2007, 08:11:00 am »
i use a pentax optio s60.  it's a basic point-and-shoot digital camera.  haha, my dad refuses to get me anything else right now, and i can't afford a good digital SLR, even though i am finally realizing all of the limitations of working with this sort of thing.  but as far as a nice compact point and shoot...it's great.  

there are a couple of color filters on it, but they usually de-saturate the photos.
 as far as colors go, it could be the camera, but i've used other cameras before and my photos have tended to look the same.  i am generally more of a colorist when i paint and draw, and even in my clothing design.  i don't photoshop.  i think i weirdly just gravitate towards nice colors, and that's what and when i end up shooting.  who knows...

• my blog
« Reply #82 on: June 29, 2007, 08:47:00 am »
regarding the Post: wow, and congrats!
_\|/_

tigersscareme

« Reply #83 on: June 29, 2007, 10:37:00 am »
youbebetty-

that's awesome! congrats congrats!!!!

Marty666

« Reply #84 on: July 01, 2007, 07:25:00 pm »
Considering only 2 bands have been announced to play monday, and each of them has a member of Fugazi in them, I'm surprized no one has started a rumor that the third band to play will be a Fugazi Reunion of some sort.

every other date has three bands (or at least a "TBA" for the third slot) except for mondays show.

So I wouldnt be surprized if after the Evens, and Joe Lally plays, the Smashing Pumpkins take the stage! (oops, i mean Fugazi!).

kookiemnstr8

« Reply #85 on: July 01, 2007, 08:01:00 pm »
I think there were only two bands on the Evens night last year too, so they had a longer set than other bands over the summer, but I could be mistaken.  I have a sneaking suspicision it has to do with the fact that Amanda Mackaye does the booking and Ian Mackaye plays in the band.

Marty666

« Reply #86 on: July 01, 2007, 08:23:00 pm »
well im going to be sure to be eating some ice cream before the show anyway, just incase.

• my blog
« Reply #87 on: July 01, 2007, 09:29:00 pm »
I spotted Ian today!!!
_\|/_

you be betty

« Reply #88 on: July 01, 2007, 10:20:00 pm »
Originally posted by They call me Doctor Doom.:
  I spotted Ian today!!!
hahaha i see him EVERYWHERE, it's so silly.  i mean, how many times can you go up to the guy and be like "hey...you changed my life..." etc.

was he wearing his little fishermans hat?

andyrichter

« Reply #89 on: July 02, 2007, 12:32:00 am »
Originally posted by Graace:
  I think there were only two bands on the Evens night last year too, so they had a longer set than other bands over the summer, but I could be mistaken.  I have a sneaking suspicision it has to do with the fact that Amanda Mackaye does the booking and Ian Mackaye plays in the band.
yea, last year i remember it was just the evens and another band.  looks like we'll get another hour set this year!