Author Topic: Fort Reno  (Read 14963 times)

kookiemnstr8

Fort Reno
« on: May 24, 2007, 09:47:00 am »
No full schedule yet, but this is what we're seeing so far.  I'm getting excited, Fort Renos are my favorite nights of summer.

June 18 - Deleted Scenes
 July 2 - Evens and Joe Lally

azaghal1981

Re: Fort Reno
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 09:54:00 am »
Damn that Evens/Joe Lally show is the same night as Morissey.
احمد

edbert

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 10:08:00 am »
Are they gonna pay off the DC cops again?  That was so lame.  I can't hang there if they're gonna harangue the audience to help pay extortion money

beetsnotbeats

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 10:09:00 am »
August 13 -  Perfect Souvenir

ggw

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 10:30:00 am »
Originally posted by Stairmaster E:
  Are they gonna pay off the DC cops again?  
Explain.

edbert

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 11:04:00 am »
Explain.
Something about making the organizers pay for the cops to sit parked there, because some woman in the neighborhood called them and said she overheard her kid say he was gonna meet his friends there to smoke some weed.  As usual, maybe I wan't paying enough attention and have the story wrong

tigersscareme

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2007, 11:18:00 am »
they don't need to pay the cops to be there. the police do that on their own.

if the shellac show happened, then it would have been considered special circumstances  and *maybe* would have had to foot the bill for park police.

in interest of full disclosure, this is beth b.
 i booked the shows 2002-2005, now i do the permit/t shirt screening/admin end of things.

we don't have a special deal with park service or police. we do make an effort for them to realize we are responsible folks with great (generally) audiences.

it wasn't "extortion money" that we were trying to raise last season. the fact was we replaced *every* piece of plywood last summer (24 sheets at $75 a sheet) and it took about 13 hours to tear it all up and put new stuff back down, so excuse me if i was fucking pissed that someone burned a hole through a board.
 luckily, we used pressure treated wood last year which translates into only having to replace 2 or 3 boards this year. (which by the way, we're doing on the 10th. i count that i will see you with a prybar and a paint roller, yes?)
 we also haven't had a benefit show since the last time Run For Cover benefited the Fort, so we're honored and thankful that they're going to throw a little cash our way, because after 3 years without a benefit and a full stage overhaul, the pockets are a little sparse.

seriously, if you have questions, ask. we'll tell you.
 speculation isn't good for anyone.

and i've heard through the grape vine that the kid who was arrested last year with weed on him has been arrested another three times. With pot and also lewd activity in a park.
 i guess some people don't learn.

that said, i'm more excited for this summer than i have been in a long time. if you have questions or concerns about how fort reno happens? ask me. i am nice when you're not burning my playground down, mkay?

xoxo
 beth b.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2007, 11:27:00 am »
Originally posted by tigers scare me:

and i've heard through the grape vine that the kid who was arrested last year with weed on him has been arrested another three times. With pot and also lewd activity in a park.
 i guess some people don't learn.

god damn hippies!
_\|/_

• my blog
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2007, 11:58:00 am »
by the way, I think I'll use this thread to pimp a few of my photos from last summer's Antelope show at Ft. Reno:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alexdc/tags/fortreno/
_\|/_

ggw

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2007, 12:00:00 pm »
  seriously, if you have questions, ask. we'll tell you.
What's the date for the Fugazi show?

tigersscareme

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2007, 12:09:00 pm »
I know this is a joke...probably?, but nonetheless, I regret to inform you they won't be playing this summer.
 However, there will be 17 ( i think?) nights of other local bands that you will hopefully fall in love with.
 besides, isn't a new relationship more exciting?

Fico

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2007, 01:07:00 pm »
  I know this is a joke...probably?, but nonetheless, I regret to inform you they won't be playing this summer.
 However, there will be 17 ( i think?) nights of other local bands that you will hopefully fall in love with.
 besides, isn't a new relationship more exciting?
Can you get Cedars on one of the nights?  :)

RustyOrgan

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2007, 01:08:00 pm »
What night is the JAWBOX reunion?

• my blog
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2007, 01:14:00 pm »
will 9353 be there?
_\|/_

tigersscareme

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2007, 01:30:00 pm »
rustyorgan:
 oh, if only...i would be the happiest girl ever.

but seriously, if you have questions such as "how do i do something like this / when do you start /  what are your opperating expenses / why can't we drink / how much does it cost / where does our money go to? " those kinda questions, i encourage you to ask me.

i'd rather you know the nitty gritty (albeit boring) details than to have floofey baseless speculations floating around ruffling feathers of people with nothing better to do than have said feathers ruffled.

also, re: The Ceders- I have removed myself from the booking portion of events. That's handled by another person with a far better ear. All i can tell you is to check out the web site early March-ish for when and where to send in demos, send in a CD or link to your myspace page, and differentiate yourself by being nice. And good. And, well, different.

Why do we ask for demos? Because if you can get your stuff together enough to submit something on time, you can generally find your way to Fort Reno on time. It's pretty much a rule. It has been bent for people in the past and they were beyond late or just didn't show up. Uncool on both counts.