Author Topic: supergrass rollcall  (Read 2234 times)

africa

supergrass rollcall
« on: January 10, 2006, 04:21:00 pm »
I got tix... but now Wu Tang is playing the following night??  I'm not going to be down with 2 shows in a row, so I might have to skip supergrass now.

What do you people think... Wu Tang... or Supergrass?

BookerT

Re: supergrass rollcall
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 05:12:00 pm »
you might be the first person to ever ask that question.

SalParadise

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 05:48:00 pm »
supergrass.  

unless it's a "but this might be the last wu tour with all of them together*... i can't miss it!" thing for you. but i guarantee you the supergrass show will be a better, funner performance.

* - minus ODB of course.

tiffson

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2006, 06:22:00 pm »
I'll be there for Pilotdrift.

africa

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2006, 07:06:00 pm »
who is pilotdrift?  are they any good?  or is that just a "i have to be cool and care more about the opening band than the headliner" comment

bearman🐻

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2006, 08:39:00 pm »
I'll be there for Supergrass. I hope they go on by 11:30 though...Bearman is getting old!

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2006, 10:29:00 am »
As a huge Supergrasss fan, I can say that in the past they could have been accused of simply going through the motions a couple of the times in concert.  The band was great when they were young, brash, etc on that first tour of the US in support of "I Should CoCo".  The second and third time there was something lacking, heck the drummer asked for a glass of white wine midset which is not a very rock n' roll moment.  The last time for the singles tour, an unexpected acoustic set made for a much more entertaining show.  Would have to say if you are Wu fan, and think this maybe be your chance to see them together for say the next five years, then that would get the edge.
T.Rex

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2006, 10:33:00 am »
I once saw Eric Brace drinking a glass of wine at a Bottle Rockets show. If you know who the Bottle Rockets are, you know that's just wrong.

tiffson

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2006, 11:02:00 am »
who is pilotdrift? are they any good? or is that just a "i have to be cool and care more about the opening band than the headliner" comment
No I really do like Pilotdrift. My friend got me into their cd, but he swears they're better live, so I'm genuinely excited to see them.