Author Topic: Which Yankee Do You Hate The Most?  (Read 5655 times)

Re: Which Yankee Do You Hate The Most?
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2004, 09:55:00 am »
From what I know, Pedro got so soundly defeated by the Yankees this year, that he called them his "daddy".

Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  Can someone explain this "who's your daddy" thing?

Guiny

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2004, 09:56:00 am »
Pedro Martinez called the Yankees his daddy the last time they beat him. He also said he'd rather not face them again since they have his number. For some reason the Yankees have great success against him as compared to the rest of the league.

Jaguär

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2004, 08:40:00 pm »
And here I thought that this was going to be yet another anti-American thread by one of the foreigners.   :roll:

Guiny

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2004, 09:19:00 pm »
Originally posted by Jaguär:
  And here I thought that this was going to be yet another anti-American thread by one of the foreigners.    :roll:  
Which member of Foreigner were you referring to?

K8teebug

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2004, 08:36:00 am »
Derek Jeter.  Definitely Derek Jeter.  Cocky jerk.  I think what makes him the worst is that he's such a great baseball player.

I will also be eternally angry at Mike Mussina for abandoning the Orioles.  I hope he never wins a world series.

Guiny

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2004, 08:40:00 am »
Originally posted by K8teebug:
  Derek Jeter.  Definitely Derek Jeter.  Cocky jerk.  I think what makes him the worst is that he's such a great baseball player.
And sadly thats why everyone hates him, because he's a great baseball player. I don't understand where the cockiness comes from that everyone talks about. Is it because he's in commercials? He surely doesn't say anything in the press that makes him out to be cocky. Schilling, Manny and Pedro say alot more than he does. If anything he gives respect to the teams he plays against. I think guys hate him cause their girls tell them how cute he is.....Thats the only answer I can think of.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2004, 11:39:00 am »
Matsui.  I can't stand watching him in the batters box.
(o|o)

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2004, 11:41:00 am »
THE FUCKING LOT OF EM!

Oh, you mean the baseball team....sorry.

hitman

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2004, 11:50:00 am »
I agree with you Rob.  But it also may be that he doesn't sign autographs anymore except through Steiner Sports in NY where the charge is astronomical.  Years ago (96-98) he was a good signer.  But I haven't seen him sign in/outside a park for years now.  But if people use that argument, then they should feel the same for Manny and Pedro, especially Manny.  I've actually seen Manny tell kids to "get the hell away from me."  

Originally posted by Rob_Gee:

Originally posted by K8teebug:
And sadly thats why everyone hates him, because he's a great baseball player. I don't understand where the cockiness comes from that everyone talks about. Is it because he's in commercials? He surely doesn't say anything in the press that makes him out to be cocky. Schilling, Manny and Pedro say alot more than he does. If anything he gives respect to the teams he plays against. I think guys hate him cause their girls tell them how cute he is.....Thats the only answer I can think of. [/b]

« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2004, 11:56:00 am »
My most hated Yankee is Mike Mussina.

Once while playing in Baltimore, he came into a convenient store and bought something. The cashier said, "Aw Mike, if I told my kid you came into my store and I didn't ask for an autograph, I'd never hear the end of it."

Mussina's response: "Don't tell him. (I was in your store)"

Guiny

« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2004, 12:41:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:

Once while playing in Baltimore, he came into a convenient store and bought something. The cashier said, "Aw Mike, if I told my kid you came into my store and I didn't ask for an autograph, I'd never hear the end of it."

See, as a Yankee fan I can live with that response. That's a good reason not to like someone. Not because, "someone won five World Series". I heard the same about Tom Brady, he's not very fan friendly up North. And this came from Patriot fans.

hitman

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2004, 02:05:00 am »
Yeah, Mussina is a dick, and definitely full of himself.  When Memorial Stadium was going out of business, they were selling the brass pins that were in the steps of the lower box sections.  Mussina bought all of the 35's, one because he wanted to build a kids stadium in Penn. and use them, but I heard from some ushers at Camden Yards that he's just that much of a dick, and didn't want fans to buy them because of his number.  Also, every time that I've seen him at Camden since being on the Yankees, he drives down from Penn. and parks in a different lot so he can slide in the back door and not be seen.  And on the few occasions he is seen, and some bastardly fan had the nerve to ask for his autograph, he picks up one of his kids and says he can't because he's holding them.  What a prick!

Originally posted by Rhett Miller:

sonickteam2

« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2004, 10:24:00 am »
*SIGH*

we wont lose, but we can't win.  thats a little of how i feel right now.

hitman

« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2004, 02:11:00 am »
right now, I hate the whole stinking team...that A-Rod move really let me down.  Yet wasn't there a rule that you couldn't block the baseline either.  Trust me, I'm not on the Yankees side tonight, that was just wrong.  But I thought there was a baseline rule.

Sonick, my hats off to you.  Right now, your boys just want it more.  It shouldn't have gotten this far, but your boys have battled and they just want it.  I wish they wanted a shave and a hair cut just as badly.

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2004, 07:38:00 am »
which one don't I hate?

actually, I hate their fans more than anything