Author Topic: Pete Doherty To Face Drug Charges  (Read 8128 times)

ggw

Re: Pete Doherty To Face Drug Charges
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2006, 03:01:00 pm »
I knew a guy who once got three DWIs in 24 hours.

slappy

« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2006, 03:16:00 pm »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes, Japanese Golfer:
  Roy Clark once played Santa at the White House, and his pants fell down.
That's nothing. Bill did that nightly in the White House.

slappy

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2006, 03:17:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  I knew a guy who once got three DWIs in 24 hours.
That's nothing. Bush did that nightly in Texas.

« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2006, 03:58:00 pm »
Originally posted by bearman:
  I love it...but what does it say that they keep letting him out, again and again? He's a wanker, but the system that allows him to keep getting out of jail is ridiculous.
What did you expect from the country that gives free heroin to addicts?

« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2006, 01:41:00 pm »
Babyshambles' Doherty in jail

Pete Doherty will spend the next two weeks behind bars after yet another round of drugs busts.

The troubled singer/songwriter, who has built up a lengthy rap sheet in recent years due to his ongoing battle with a number of class A drugs, arrived this morning at Thames Magistrates Court in East London looking tired and drawn. After confirming his name, and giving the court his guilty plea on charges of possessing heroin, his lawyer Sean Curran asked for his client to be granted bail.

District Judge Stephen Dawson, however, was unconcerned with the star's forthcoming live responsibilities, and remanded Doherty in custody until February 8 for sentencing. "I'm sorry if my order will affect your fans and people who go to your concerts", he said.

The 26-year-old was arrested twice on Thursday (January 26), the second in Whitechapel, east London, by plain-clothes officers who discovered a wrap of white powder.

At the time, Doherty told the officers: "It was in my pocket from earlier, I didn't even know it was there."

He added: "Please, officers, don't do this. I've got a gig tonight, cut me a break."

With his arrests over drugs possession mounting, Doherty faces the likelihood of a lengthy jail term later this year, and, as is hoped by his legions of fans, an order to undertake drug rehabilitation and counselling.

The star was last jailed in February 2005 after his management were unable to raise bail [read: Pete Doherty tastes freedom, strives for change]. After his release, he vowed to get clear of drugs for the sake of his then girlfriend, Kate Moss.

« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2006, 04:08:00 pm »
Pete Doherty Sentenced to Rehab

After a stunning average of nearly one drug-related arrest per-week in the past couple of months, Pete Doherty has been sentenced in a British court to year-long community order that includes mandatory drug rehab, NME.com reports. The order consists of a 12-month program where Doherty would be subjected to monthly drug tests. If Doherty fails any of the tests, there is a possibility of jail time for the Babyshambles frontman.

"[Pete] is happiest when he's playing his guitar to others," Doherty's lawyer, Sean Curran, told the judge during the trial. "He wants to repay their loyalty and support by coming through this at the other end as a successful and talented musician."

Bags

« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2006, 05:28:00 pm »
Originally posted by snarfle:
  "He wants to repay their loyalty and support by coming through this at the other end as a successful and talented musician."
I'm not sure rehab will enable that feat...   ;)

ggw

« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2006, 05:29:00 pm »
Although I had diminished expectations for the Babyshambles album, it's been kinda growing on me.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2006, 05:30:00 pm »
Good to see "celebrities" in the UK can skate on crimes the same as in the good ol' US of A.

Bags

« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2006, 05:36:00 pm »
  Although I had diminished expectations for the Babyshambles album, it's been kinda growing on me.
You're just gettin' soft, ggw.

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2006, 05:47:00 pm »
I listened to it once (it was a Christmas gift) and was so disappointed that I haven't listened to it since then. Should I really give it another shot?

ggw

« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2006, 05:57:00 pm »
Well it's no Libertines, but several tracks are appealing in their own dysfunctional way.

Originally posted by kurosawa-b/w:

I listened to it once (it was a Christmas gift) and was so disappointed that I haven't listened to it since then. Should I really give it another shot? [/b]

Got Haggis?

« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2006, 09:35:00 am »
  I just thought of another...Al Jourgenson from Ministry. He was living down in Texas and went out of his mind a couple of times. Did anyone ever hear about how he had hooked up with Tammy Wynette and got her into coke? I wasn't sure if that was just urban legend or if it was somehow legit.
:roll:   urban legend heh.  al is clean now and a madman when it comes to releasing albums that dont suck.

anyway, this guy is/was shagging kate moss...i really wouldn't call that 'pathetic'. i have no idea what his music sounds like though.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2006, 01:04:00 pm »
Originally posted by Got Haggis?:

I just thought of another...Al Jourgenson from Ministry. He was living down in Texas and went out of his mind a couple of times. Did anyone ever hear about how he had hooked up with Tammy Wynette and got her into coke? I wasn't sure if that was just urban legend or if it was somehow legit.
:roll:    urban legend heh.  al is clean now and a madman when it comes to releasing albums that dont suck.

anyway, this guy is/was shagging kate moss...i really wouldn't call that 'pathetic'. i have no idea what his music sounds like though. [/b]
His music sounds like the whining Kate Moss probaly makes when he's shagging her....or when she's taking a poo which would most likely give her more satisfaction.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2006, 01:35:00 pm »
Originally posted by Roadbike Mankie:
 His music sounds like the whining Kate Moss probaly makes when he's shagging her....or when she's taking a poo which would most likely give her more satisfaction.
have you even heard the libertines?
(o|o)