Author Topic: Roland Garros 2007  (Read 2050 times)

lagas

Roland Garros 2007
« on: May 25, 2007, 12:17:00 pm »
Who likes tennis?

What do you say, will Federer finally get his career Grand Slam this year?

I'll say yes, Federer won Nadal in Hamburg a few weeks ago playing on clay 2-6, 6-2, 6-0...
zorra

Medusa

Re: Roland Garros 2007
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 03:37:00 pm »
I love tennis and try to watch as much as I can, when I can.

My favorite memories are getting to go to the U.S. Open in 2004 and 2005!

I don't know, I'm not a huge fan of Federer simply because of his quietness BUT his game is amazing, he deserves every win he has gotten, and he is going to go down in history in the top!

I like Nadal because he is more fiery and I would pick him to win the French Open.   :)  

Cheers

DJ Medusa.

vansmack

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 03:42:00 pm »
Originally posted by Medusa:
  My favorite memories are getting to go to the U.S. Open in 2004 and 2005!
I grew up watching rallies between Johnnie Mac, Jimmy Connors, Borg, Llendl, even maybe a bit of Becker and Sampras.  But I find the serve and maybe return dominance of todays men's tennis impossible to watch.

I do stop changing the channel when I get to the ladies tennis for at least 15-20 minutes when a couple of hotties are on, but even then I get bored.
27>34

lagas

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2007, 03:52:00 pm »
It is true that power tennis is the rule these days, but it's not difficult to find real talent in the circuit...specially in clay tournaments, where 120 something mls/hr serve doesnt harm enough as if it were on a hard court match...

Anyways, Im looking forward to the next two weeks, and probably Ill be getting very late to work because of this  :)
zorra

SPARX

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2007, 04:17:00 pm »
I dig tennis. Since Agassi and Goran Ivanesivic  retired, I'm not one for the mens game though. The excitement just isn't there for me.Womens tennis is where the competition is these days IMHO. Bring back Mac!

ChampionshipVinyl

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2007, 05:41:00 pm »
I always found the French Open a bit forgettable. It wasn't until Wimbledon started up that my tennis interest began. The players that make their name at the French tend not to be the ones who become iconic and grab the my casual tennis eye.

myuman

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2007, 09:23:00 am »
Tennis has been my number one sport to play and watch for as long as I can remember.  The perception of the state of tennis might be exactly the opposite of the truth.  The media portrays tennis as a women's sport which is unfortunate because the state of the women's game is as weak as I can remember.  The men's game is deeper than anytime in history, the irony here is that at the top are the two most dominant players in it's history (Nadal on clay, Fed on everything else).  As for power turning people away?  This is only the case at Wimbledon.  And ironically again, maybe the game's most popular tournament, but the weakest as far as skill at the surface.  Very few players can play Wimby well... so it is easier to dominate for those who can.  Finally... Rolland Garros... not my favorite tournament, but its the biggest tournament for a good chunk of the tennis playing world.  IMO clay is for the old, injured, or just slow.