Author Topic: The Nats Thread  (Read 314940 times)

vansmack

Re: The Nats Thread
« Reply #300 on: September 17, 2014, 06:59:04 pm »
Maybe I'm misremembering but the way I remember it the Nats hit Kershaw fairly good....oh wait, maybe that was the King

Kershaw is 2-0 vs the Nats this year with a 0.60 ERA.  He's won 5 in a row and is 7-2 lifetime, with those losses coming 2010 and earlier.
27>34

hutch

« Reply #301 on: September 17, 2014, 07:01:44 pm »
ok well strike that...

i would not fear the dodgers....or any team if i were the nats..

i'm not saying the nats are going to win though...i don't know..nobody does...

the dodgers are a bit of a mess frankly.... anyone see that play where they made like 3 or 4 errors on the same play?

vin scully: "Holy mackerel.... that was embarassing..."

priceless

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #302 on: September 17, 2014, 09:36:57 pm »
im actually more confident int he nats facing the dodgers, even with kershaw lurking for two potential starts. i just feel like facing st louis in the playoffs will be too much. this is a very different nats team obviously, playing with tons of swagger lately but still. makes me nervous. the dodgers are an odd team, seemingly equally capable of dominating performances and little league plays like the 3 error masterpiece hutch mentioned. but theres a lot of baseball left and the dodgers just might end up needing to burn a kershaw start in the wild card game (though as a pirates fan i really hope not)

watched a bit of the espn broadcast tonight and hidden among all their subtle bitterness at having to showcase the nats minor league lineup was a nice bit of praise for rendon. i forget the exact wording but they said hes not a future superstar, he is one now. nice to see the guy getting some press attention outside of the area

hutch

« Reply #303 on: September 17, 2014, 10:18:22 pm »
yeah..i agree...would rather face the dodgers than the cards.... the cards just know their way around....and with molina in there...

the dodgers meanwhile at times look like the keystone cops... as much as I like the Dodgers!

I also think Mattingly is not going to outmanage you ( to put it kindly)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #304 on: September 18, 2014, 09:45:27 am »
Maybe I'm misremembering but the way I remember it the Nats hit Kershaw fairly good....oh wait, maybe that was the King
I think in their last meeting he went 7 or 8 and blanked us. Only allowed a handful of hits if I remember correctly.

If the Dodgers use him up in a playoff, I'm fine with the Dodgers. I believe we took 2 of 3 from them. I'd like some revenge over the Cards, but who knows. I think all the teams are tough.
‼‼?‼‼

imbecile

« Reply #305 on: September 19, 2014, 09:20:09 am »
Anyone got the email yet with todays presale password? 

I got the email saying the presale was today and they'd send the password along this morning.  But hmm.. the presale is less than an hour away and nothing.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #306 on: September 19, 2014, 09:32:44 am »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I was just about to ask the same thing. Less than 30 minutes from the pre-sale and I have nothing either.... I keep refreshing and zip.
‼‼?‼‼

imbecile

« Reply #307 on: September 19, 2014, 09:52:59 am »
Just got it.  PM'ing to you just in case

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #308 on: September 19, 2014, 10:09:46 am »
Been sitting in this waiting room for 10 minutes. Like 2012 all over again. How do people get these friggin tickets!?
‼‼?‼‼

hutch

« Reply #309 on: September 19, 2014, 02:20:27 pm »
don't most tickets go to season ticket holders?

i should hope so

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #310 on: September 19, 2014, 02:41:10 pm »
Ticket holders get first dibs on their seats. I think they have the chance at getting 1 or 2 more on top of their seats?

EIther way. I didn't get any. I tried 2 cheap seats. Nothing. Tried 2 standing. Nothing. Tried 1 standing. Nothing. Apparently they sold out within the first 30 minutes, I was let through at about 10:40am. Waste of time.
‼‼?‼‼

imbecile

« Reply #311 on: September 19, 2014, 03:24:30 pm »
My boss is a season ticket holder (2 seats). 

He said he prepaid a while back for playoff tickets and got 2 seats, not his normal seats automatically allocated to him with no choice on what they were, but they ended up being better seats than his normal seats (more expensive).  Then on Wednesday, he was allowed to buy up to four more seats wherever he wanted so he did that.  Said he was then going to put the allocated from tickets from earlier on stubhub and actually sit in the seats that he got to select.

I imagine this is the way most season ticket holders are working it.  So, two season tickets, parlayed into 6 tickets for each game.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #312 on: September 19, 2014, 04:19:09 pm »
I guess that makes sense. I know a lot of people who have 2-6 people putting in for 2 seats through the season and they split the 81 games amongst everyone. Bastards.
‼‼?‼‼

hutch

« Reply #313 on: September 19, 2014, 04:26:07 pm »
I'm fine it... I think a season ticket holder is taking me to a game.. ;D

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #314 on: September 19, 2014, 06:07:21 pm »
I think the general sale is Monday, so you get one more chance.  They held some seats back for that, but I can't imagine there are many left.