Author Topic: The Nats Thread  (Read 306338 times)

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
Re: The Nats Thread
« Reply #90 on: April 22, 2014, 04:07:26 pm »
Sorry to further hijack the thread, but let me ask...

My wife is always saying we could be getting cable on top of phone and internet for less than we pay for phone and internet. I'm guessing you have to agree to a certain amount of time (and no less) and at some point (during or thereafter?) your rates go sky high, right?
Call your provider up and tell them you'd like to cancel because your bill got so high. In my experience, your price will go right back to what it was. TV/Internet/Phone prices are entirely negotiable.
Yes my bill right now is under 100 bucks for fios internet, a dvr, another hd box, and pretty much everything besides hbo showtime etc.

I call a few times a year to reduce services or cancel, and they ALWAYS giving me a discount or something for free.

I just did this again a few weeks ago.  I was going to quit for good this time, no tv but keep the internet, but the tv stuff ended up costing only like 10 or 20 bucks above what I'd be paying for internet alone, so i kept it.

James Ford

« Reply #91 on: April 22, 2014, 04:28:46 pm »
Don't tell my wife this. Cable would only add incentive to have the tv on more, which I don't want. Of course lacking cable, she also goes and buys the programs (e.g. Mad Men) and watches them the next day, instead of waiting for them to come to Netflix. So we may not be saving any money anyway. Not only does she lack cable, she lacks patience. But she insists that she "needs to be part of the cultural zeitgeist". Whatever the hell that is.

Also, how do I get my daughter to have a different favorite player other than Bryce Harper?

My wife is always saying we could be getting cable on top of phone and internet for less than we pay for phone and internet. I'm guessing you have to agree to a certain amount of time (and no less) and at some point (during or thereafter?) your rates go sky high, right?
Call your provider up and tell them you'd like to cancel because your bill got so high. In my experience, your price will go right back to what it was. TV/Internet/Phone prices are entirely negotiable.
Yes my bill right now is under 100 bucks for fios internet, a dvr, another hd box, and pretty much everything besides hbo showtime etc.

I call a few times a year to reduce services or cancel, and they ALWAYS giving me a discount or something for free.

I just did this again a few weeks ago.  I was going to quit for good this time, no tv but keep the internet, but the tv stuff ended up costing only like 10 or 20 bucks above what I'd be paying for internet alone, so i kept it.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #92 on: April 22, 2014, 04:33:41 pm »
Don't tell my wife this. Cable would only add incentive to have the tv on more, which I don't want. Of course lacking cable, she also goes and buys the programs (e.g. Mad Men) and watches them the next day, instead of waiting for them to come to Netflix. So we may not be saving any money anyway. Not only does she lack cable, she lacks patience. But she insists that she "needs to be part of the cultural zeitgeist". Whatever the hell that is.

Also, how do I get my daughter to have a different favorite player other than Bryce Harper?

She actually says the zeitgeist thing and watches Mad Men? Oh, God, I think I could be friends with Celeste. What is happening to me??!
LVMH

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #93 on: April 22, 2014, 04:39:42 pm »

We swithced from DirecTV to Cox and DirecTV offered us a lower price AND premium movie channels so we switched back. Although somehow we lost NBC Sports which sucks because they have hockey games on there. Outside of that it was fine. I still watch almost all of my TV on my laptop.
‼‼?‼‼

vansmack

« Reply #94 on: April 22, 2014, 08:46:23 pm »
I know Hoya was there for that moment of history.  Anyone else?

27>34

stevewizzle

« Reply #95 on: April 22, 2014, 08:59:21 pm »
I know Hoya was there for that moment of history.  Anyone else?

i'll never forget where i was when i received my mobile alert

hutch

« Reply #96 on: April 22, 2014, 09:17:07 pm »

that is what happened..i called again tonight threatening to cancel and i did pretty good in the end..

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #97 on: April 23, 2014, 11:40:16 am »
Didn't go to the game. Glad I didn't. I got to the bar in the top of the 1st with 1 out and it was already 3-0. Didn't seem to work out the rest of the game.

Maybe this is the real Nationals?
‼‼?‼‼

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #98 on: April 23, 2014, 11:59:15 am »
Starting to feel like last season.  Pretty decent start out of the gate, soon an inability to compete with actual contenders is revealed.  Sprinkle in the occasional meltdown blowout loss....

They have more injuries than at this point than last year, and the bullpen has been better.  The starters, and the gloves, not so much.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 12:00:46 pm by chaz »

James Ford

« Reply #99 on: April 23, 2014, 12:19:42 pm »
Don't whine too much. Could be worse. Like being an O's fan.

vansmack

« Reply #100 on: April 23, 2014, 12:34:35 pm »
They'll win tonight.
27>34

stevewizzle

« Reply #101 on: April 23, 2014, 12:54:36 pm »
Don't whine too much. Could be worse. Like being an O's fan.

this is the nats thread, take your rational thoughts elsewhere.

vansmack

« Reply #102 on: April 23, 2014, 01:04:51 pm »
Didn't go to the game. Glad I didn't.

I hear you man.  26 people in the history of baseball have done what was witnessed last night - why even bother if it's so damn frequent!

13 Natural Cycles
15 unassisted triple plays
23 Perfect Games
26 Hit 500 Homeruns
282 no-hitters
304 hit for the cycle 

But F-that if my team doesn't win (which by the way, happened 86 times last year).
27>34

hutch

« Reply #103 on: April 23, 2014, 01:11:07 pm »
Didn't go to the game. Glad I didn't.

I hear you man.  26 people in the history of baseball have done what was witnessed last night - why even bother if it's so damn frequent!

13 Natural Cycles
15 unassisted triple plays
23 Perfect Games
26 Hit 500 Homeruns
282 no-hitters
304 hit for the cycle 

But F-that if my team doesn't win (which by the way, happened 86 times last year).

I don't know if this comparison is entirely valid....he didn't hit 500 home runs yesterday just 2 which happened to be 499 and 500... but seeing a no hitter is way cooler in my book....i remember one time the nats pitcher (this was at rfk) took a no hitter to the 9th inning and then imploded..

i hope my cards friend was there last night.....i don't know..i just ccan't get into pujols cause i'm pretty convinced one day we'll find out what we don't want to find out... his numbers are just unnatural..

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #104 on: April 23, 2014, 01:21:55 pm »
What makes a cycle "natural"? In order from single to HR?
LVMH