Author Topic: The Nats Thread  (Read 306216 times)

hutch

Re: The Nats Thread
« Reply #120 on: April 24, 2014, 05:19:51 pm »
the worst is did anyone see how few people stuck around for the comeback win last night? it wasn't even 10:30!!!!!!

Nats fans suck

Orioles fans are ten times better.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 05:25:09 pm by hutch »

vansmack

« Reply #121 on: April 24, 2014, 06:33:57 pm »
Nats can't muster the support of much more than 30% of people around here.  I know it's a new team relatively speaking but this is still pretty shocking to me.

Oh yeah?  How would you like to be the second most popular team in your own Zip Code despite being there for over 45 years?

The Oakland coliseum zip code is outpaced 2 to 1 by Giants supporters and the neighboring downtown Oakland zip code is 3-1 Giants supporters! 
27>34

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #122 on: April 24, 2014, 06:53:01 pm »
the worst is did anyone see how few people stuck around for the comeback win last night? it wasn't even 10:30!!!!!!

Nats fans suck

There weren't all that many people there to begin with.   I stuck around until the middle of the 9th.  It was 48 degrees, windy, cold and the team was generally playing like shit.  I'm usually there until the bitter end, but when the Angels scored that last run - I was done.  I should have known better, since I've seen them come back plenty of times over the years. 

hutch

« Reply #123 on: April 24, 2014, 09:57:55 pm »

Nats fans suck

There weren't all that many people there to begin with.   I stuck around until the middle of the 9th.  It was 48 degrees, windy, cold and the team was generally playing like shit.  I'm usually there until the bitter end, but when the Angels scored that last run - I was done.  I should have known better, since I've seen them come back plenty of times over the years. 

okk...there weren't that many people to see trout! that's even worse. :)

nats win challenge!!!!!!!!!

vansmack

« Reply #124 on: April 26, 2014, 12:02:00 am »
 First Giants game of the season.  Morse came out to "Take on Me"... he and his wife also live in the loft above my buddy.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 12:03:44 am by vansmack »
27>34

stevewizzle

« Reply #125 on: April 26, 2014, 03:45:01 pm »
First Giants game of the season.  Morse came out to "Take on Me"... he and his wife also live in the loft above my buddy.

if i was in your buddys situation, i would make it a mission to be his best friend.

vansmack

« Reply #126 on: April 26, 2014, 04:58:09 pm »
if i was in your buddys situation, i would make it a mission to be his best friend.

Totally.  He's huge and his wife is tall as well.  They love him here, mostly because he hasn't gotten hurt yet.   

We had my buddy over in Jan and were sitting by the community fire pit in my building one night when Gregor Blanco and Santiago Casilla came out and hung out with us.  He thought that was the coolest thing until he sees Morse in his building.  Unfortunately, there was a huge fire in my neighborhood and Blanco and Casilla had to move to the building next door, so I guess we'll start hanging out at his place more often.
27>34

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #127 on: April 26, 2014, 05:10:46 pm »
We had my buddy over in Jan and were sitting by the community fire pit in my building one night when...
Hopefully one day you can have your own fire pit. :-/
LVMH

vansmack

« Reply #128 on: April 26, 2014, 08:06:59 pm »
Ryan Braun is a dick:

http://teamstre.am/PFxcvp
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #129 on: April 26, 2014, 08:07:53 pm »
Hopefully one day you can have your own fire pit. :-/

Nope.  I'm a community man,  so shit like that can happen.
27>34

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #130 on: April 27, 2014, 10:51:09 am »
so one week ago boswell writes an article ripping bryce apart for not hustilng enough and deserving to get benched, now harper's on the dl for spraining his thumb on a triple and boswell tweets "Baseball teaches every player, thru their UNNECESSARY injuries, how hard is hard enough for them. Harper (DL) needs to listen to the game."

can we make up our mind on whether the kid plays too hard or not hard enough?

harpers thumb injury seemed more of a freak thing than anything else (basically the same as zimmermans, just at a different base) but this mixed message here pisses me off. bryce is obviously still learning but how is he supposed to do that when people like boswell pile on no matter what he does
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 10:53:33 am by gaaaaaaaaah »

hutch

« Reply #131 on: April 27, 2014, 11:46:20 am »
so one week ago boswell writes an article ripping bryce apart for not hustilng enough and deserving to get benched, now harper's on the dl for spraining his thumb on a triple and boswell tweets "Baseball teaches every player, thru their UNNECESSARY injuries, how hard is hard enough for them. Harper (DL) needs to listen to the game."

can we make up our mind on whether the kid plays too hard or not hard enough?

harpers thumb injury seemed more of a freak thing than anything else (basically the same as zimmermans, just at a different base) but this mixed message here pisses me off. bryce is obviously still learning but how is he supposed to do that when people like boswell pile on no matter what he does

oh i don't know... hustling when healthy and trying to play through an injury are not exactly the same thing....i guess it can be a fine line...but the hustle playing thing is about specific instances in the game... the thumb thing is a general "kid you had time to think before the game as you took BP or whatever and realize you weren't going to play that well"...

i think if he'd played through the thumb issue and had a great season people would be commending him...its really about knowing your own body......didn't he have an issue like this last year where he tried to play hurt and then had to be out a good while?

sorry for not adding more to this fine conversation on this beautiful sunday

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #132 on: April 27, 2014, 12:01:00 pm »
what? he injured his thumb during the game, tried to stay in and field, realized he couldnt then came out the next inning. didnt play the next day. it wasnt a case of trying to play through an injury at all. he hurt himself on a play, which is somehow "unnecessary"?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 12:02:45 pm by gaaaaaaaaah »

hutch

« Reply #133 on: April 27, 2014, 12:02:20 pm »
what? he injured his thumb during the game, tried to stay in and field, realized he could then came out the next inning. didnt play the next day. it wasnt a case of trying to play through an injury at all. he hurt himself on a play, which is somehow "unnecessary"?

well then you're right..boswell is an idiot.

;D

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #134 on: April 27, 2014, 12:12:33 pm »
The media decided they didn't like Harper before he ever took a major league at-bat. Nothing he does will ever be right. He then followed that up by having the audacity to not be as good as Trout.
LVMH