Author Topic: The Nats Thread  (Read 306627 times)

shemptiness

Re: The Nats Thread
« Reply #195 on: June 07, 2014, 04:06:18 pm »
Turns out the Nats were interested in Ripken after all.  Only it was Ryan, not Cal,

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #196 on: June 09, 2014, 10:29:05 am »
Heh!

I missed all the games this weekend. Stupid busy weekend nights and west coast trips. Only loss came in extra innings by 1 run? Doesn't sound like a Nats loss I've become accustomed to this year... They are on a hot streak though that is for sure! I will be excited to catch some games this week. Looks like the pitching is coming around as well!
‼‼?‼‼

vansmack

« Reply #197 on: June 12, 2014, 09:56:58 am »
Thanks for taking care of the home the home team this week and bringing them back to earth.  They were getting a little unbearable....
27>34

brennser

« Reply #198 on: June 12, 2014, 10:04:47 am »
Zim to Left Field starting tonight.  I wasn't going to see the Nats next week when they're here, but now I will.  I love watching professional athletes learn new positions!
seems like he's learning pretty nicely!

hutch

« Reply #199 on: June 12, 2014, 10:15:41 am »
Zim to Left Field starting tonight.  I wasn't going to see the Nats next week when they're here, but now I will.  I love watching professional athletes learn new positions!

commentators were saying matt williams says zim goes back to third when bryce comes back...

bye bye espinosa?

brennser

« Reply #200 on: June 12, 2014, 10:27:17 am »

commentators were saying matt williams says zim goes back to third when bryce comes back...

bye bye espinosa?

i think its a real dilemma for williams and if it comes to pass is very tough on espinosa who I think has been playing very well - bryce isn't back for another month or so right? if they keep up this pace gonna be pretty tough to change up the team

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #201 on: June 12, 2014, 11:10:20 am »
ive been impressed by ryan in the outfield. his throwing motion still looks weird but hes playing balls well and seems to be enjoying it. he hasnt been tested as far as throwing runners out yet, but hitting cutoff men doesnt require the most precise throws, so it works for him

however, when harper comes back the question is basically whether you sit span or espinosa, and i think thats a pretty easy decision. espinosa at second certainly gives you a stronger defensive infield, but at a huge cost imo. hes not an everyday bat, span is finally doing the leadoff thing well, and having his glove and range in center is a huge plus, huge enough to negate potential zimmerman errors at third. i just dont think this teams best lineup has espinosa starting right now

longterm though, you gotta figure rizzo is at least considering a zim/harper/werth outfield.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 11:12:00 am by gaaaaaaaaah »

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #202 on: June 12, 2014, 11:17:25 am »
Watching Espi on defense is awesome, but seeing him rack up all those strikes is just not worth it. Sliding Rendon over and letting Zim play third is better for the line-up. This team NEEDs offense. We've seen what happens when they get a few runs and strains the pitching staff. When they give the pitchers a lead, look at what they've been able to do. They went close to 50 ab's without issuing a walk? That's insane! Hopefully they can break out a broom for San Fran today.

Also, damn it, Ramos back on the 15 day DL!? UGH!
‼‼?‼‼

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #203 on: June 12, 2014, 11:36:56 am »
as good as ramos' bat is i think the time is coming for the nats to stop viewing him as a core piece of the lineup moving forward. sucks to give up on a guy thats been through as much as he has, but its a drag to constantly get him back just long enough to heat up, only to lose him again. i remember there was extension talk last year but rizzo said he wanted to see if wilson could stay healthy a full year. well...the answers obvious. hes one of the best hitting catchers in the game, and solid behind the plate as well, but not a guy i want to see locked up for years unfortunately. some have been freak injuries, sure, but the guys on the dl more than the field

its a good thing they got lobaton this offseason. hes not elite by any means but hes a better fill in option than calling up a AAA guy

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #204 on: June 13, 2014, 09:50:42 am »
Lobaton has turbo boosters when he can put a ball in play. Ramos is just so fucking great in that line-up. It's a real shame. I was willing to get behind "bad luck" for the dude, but jumping right back on the 15 day DL is frustrating. Hopefully they'll see that and try and find/groom another big bat catcher like him. But................................ we'll see if he can stay healthy after his current stint on the DL. Lol.
‼‼?‼‼

vansmack

« Reply #205 on: June 23, 2014, 11:05:02 am »
You guys have a great,  open Ballpark. Glad I finally got to see it.

It's definitely in my top 10
27>34

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #206 on: June 23, 2014, 02:26:49 pm »
Heading down to the PNats game tonight to catch Wilson and Bryce in their rehab starts. Stoked!
‼‼?‼‼

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #207 on: June 25, 2014, 09:54:04 am »
Anyone catch the Nats game last night? I stayed up for the whole thing. Span's catch, Zim's catch, Zim's bomb were awesome. I guess they'll have a lot of the bench dudes starting today.
‼‼?‼‼

stevewizzle

« Reply #208 on: June 25, 2014, 12:15:43 pm »
i will be heading to chicago this weekend to catch a game or two at wrigley.  will definitely be at the friday game, and saturday seems hard to pass up (samardjiza vs. gio)

vansmack

« Reply #209 on: June 30, 2014, 09:30:53 pm »
Top of the 7th, with a lead, and he's already making headlines:

Harper Returns to Lineup with an Attitude

I think Boswell is harsh here, but I agree with the sentiment.  Hey 22 year old kid who missed almost 60 games and the team is still somehow only .5 game out - shut the hell up and play ball.
27>34