Author Topic: The Nats Thread  (Read 306274 times)

hutch

Re: The Nats Thread
« Reply #225 on: July 28, 2014, 01:14:20 pm »
Perhaps they could try "YMCA".

They finally stopped playing it during the 7th inning stretches here. It's time we moved on.
In The Navy really is the better Village People track, and it'd be a great shoutout to our boys up in Annapolis.
Not to mention the ballpark is located in the Navy Yard...

game set match

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #226 on: July 28, 2014, 01:23:43 pm »
Perhaps they could try "YMCA".

They finally stopped playing it during the 7th inning stretches here. It's time we moved on.
In The Navy really is the better Village People track, and it'd be a great shoutout to our boys up in Annapolis.
Not to mention the ballpark is located in the Navy Yard...

game set match
Oh, I concur. We're well on our way to improving the Nats Game Day experience.
LVMH

James Ford

« Reply #227 on: July 28, 2014, 10:30:17 pm »
Wow, talk about a total meltdown.

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #228 on: July 29, 2014, 06:32:35 am »
ill never understand why so many managers will leave their closer out there when he clearly doesnt have it from the start. i get that the dude is paid to finish games, and a big money guy should get some leeway to clean up his own messes, but come on. last night was ridiculous. soriano was clearly off from the moment he came in and williams should have taken him out long before that game was tied up. not doing so was a stubborn insistence on playing it by the book.

blaming the manager susually an overreaction but this ones all on williams. cant lose games like that

James Ford

« Reply #229 on: July 29, 2014, 08:12:33 am »
Also, is Jerry Blevins the best guy to bring in when the game is on the line? I know he had already used Storen, but there are other better relievers in the pen, aren't there?

ill never understand why so many managers will leave their closer out there when he clearly doesnt have it from the start. i get that the dude is paid to finish games, and a big money guy should get some leeway to clean up his own messes, but come on. last night was ridiculous. soriano was clearly off from the moment he came in and williams should have taken him out long before that game was tied up. not doing so was a stubborn insistence on playing it by the book.

blaming the manager susually an overreaction but this ones all on williams. cant lose games like that

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #230 on: July 29, 2014, 08:27:58 am »
i guess clippard threw too much on sunday and stammen had to be saved for extra innings (although if hed been brought in before the game was tied this is moot) so it was either blevins or barrett, and both have been shaky lately

personally i think storen should have come back for the 8th

hutch

« Reply #231 on: July 29, 2014, 09:16:03 am »
that was nuts last night! i couldn't believe it was happening as i was watching...

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #232 on: July 29, 2014, 09:20:15 am »

Also, is Jerry Blevins the best guy to bring in when the game is on the line? I know he had already used Storen, but there are other better relievers in the pen, aren't there?

i guess clippard threw too much on sunday and stammen had to be saved for extra innings (although if hed been brought in before the game was tied this is moot) so it was either blevins or barrett, and both have been shaky lately

personally i think storen should have come back for the 8th

that was nuts last night! i couldn't believe it was happening as i was watching...
Welcome to being a Detroit Tigers fan!
LVMH

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #233 on: July 29, 2014, 01:27:38 pm »
I was in total awe. Watched the whole game. It was like 2 totally different teams out there. Fielding went out the window. How? HOW do you blow a 6 run lead?! 4 in the 9th!? Good lord.

This better not be something that dwells on their head and fucks them up. Let's get these next 2 and move on.
‼‼?‼‼

brennser

« Reply #234 on: July 29, 2014, 01:28:39 pm »
yeah

stevewizzle

« Reply #235 on: July 29, 2014, 02:08:09 pm »

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #236 on: July 29, 2014, 02:40:54 pm »
‼‼?‼‼

eros

« Reply #237 on: July 29, 2014, 04:15:17 pm »
I was in total awe. Watched the whole game. It was like 2 totally different teams out there. Fielding went out the window. How? HOW do you blow a 6 run lead?! 4 in the 9th!? Good lord.

This better not be something that dwells on their head and fucks them up. Let's get these next 2 and move on.

Soriano (and the bullpen) didn't look too sharp on Sunday either. 

Good thing we have a guy pitching tonight who never lets anything get in his head.   :P
ʎɐʍou

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #238 on: July 29, 2014, 04:57:52 pm »
Ha! Maybe they should consider letting Stras pitch from the 3rd inning on....

As for Soriano, I don't know why he has to give everyone a heart attack whenever he takes the hill.
‼‼?‼‼

stevewizzle

« Reply #239 on: July 29, 2014, 06:05:44 pm »
Ha! Maybe they should consider letting Stras pitch from the 3rd inning on....

As for Soriano, I don't know why he has to give everyone a heart attack whenever he takes the hill.

his numbers seem to suggest he's been unlucky this year. sub 2 era, sub 1 whip, high ks, low bbs, low hrs. 

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=1100&position=P
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 06:13:05 pm by stevewizzle »