Author Topic: The Nats Thread  (Read 306324 times)

shemptiness

Re: The Nats Thread
« Reply #375 on: October 03, 2014, 07:26:31 pm »
Next   

shemptiness

« Reply #376 on: October 03, 2014, 07:27:31 pm »
that was a mantle home run by Harper there. Holy shit

that was insane.

It was one run.  Camden Yards was insane.
pour it on why won't you?

;D

it seemed like quite the blast but i guess i just imagined it..

i will say harper's biggest at bat was the next one and he didn't get it done....sad outcome

I was just going to go back and alter that to make it less snarky.  I just don't care for the guy that much.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 07:29:02 pm by Shemp »

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #377 on: October 03, 2014, 07:32:11 pm »
Doesn't matter. That was an absolute bomb. Five rows into the third deck, 114 mph off the bat? Come on.

Tough loss but plenty of positives. Strasburg was good, as was Harper. Cabrera homer was a nice surprise

Zimmerman tomorrow. No panic mode yet

hutch

« Reply #378 on: October 03, 2014, 07:32:45 pm »
that was a mantle home run by Harper there. Holy shit

that was insane.

It was one run.  Camden Yards was insane.
pour it on why won't you?

;D

it seemed like quite the blast but i guess i just imagined it..

i will say harper's biggest at bat was the next one and he didn't get it done....sad outcome

I was just going to go back and alter that to make it less snarky.  I just don't care for the guy that much.

well I can't stand him but it was a mammoth homer.. but the at bat after that home run was the one where he could have finally silenced me...

alas no.

shemptiness

« Reply #379 on: October 03, 2014, 07:55:47 pm »

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #380 on: October 03, 2014, 07:56:46 pm »
desmonds at bat there was far worse than bryces. the more of those i see from him the less i worry about losing him to free agency

then i remember the nats have no major league ready middle infield prospects and i change my mind again

hutch

« Reply #381 on: October 03, 2014, 09:15:26 pm »
desmonds at bat there was far worse than bryces.

good point

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #382 on: October 03, 2014, 09:26:27 pm »
espinosa to pinch hit with two outs in the 9th was an odd call.

frandsens not a great player but id trust him to at least hang in there and work a count and maybe make something happen to get that extremely productive span/rendon combo back up.

instead we got espinosa meekly hitting the first pitch he saw

schierholtz as a pinch hitter was a nice surprise

i was happy with strasburgs outing. he has a tendency to let situations get into his head (and as much as he and the nats would downplay it, his postseason debut was a big one) but he didnt seem to do that today. he was victimized by some well placed groundballs and that bunt laroche threw to second. not really strasburgs fault.

i expect a great outing from jordan tomorrow

hutch

« Reply #383 on: October 03, 2014, 09:40:09 pm »
my main concern remains that the Giants are postseason giants.. kind of like what I'm watching with the Cardinals right now... Kershaw who?

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #384 on: October 03, 2014, 10:04:31 pm »
yup, experience is gonna be key

though funny you mention kershaw. watching this stl/la game right now and thinking of the shields/lster game, plus scherzer and verlander. strasburgs outing today was the most "ace-like" of the bunch. playoff baseball. you just cant predict it

i cant shake this impending giants/cards nlcs feeling :\

vansmack

« Reply #385 on: October 03, 2014, 10:15:32 pm »
strasburgs outing today was the most "ace-like" of the bunch. playoff baseball. you just cant predict it

Sure, if you discount other performances to meet your criteria:

STATS   IP   H   R   ER   BB   SO   WHIP   ERA
Peavy   5.2   2   0   0   3   3   0.88   0.00

STATS   IP   H   R   ER   BB   SO   WHIP   ERA
Strasburg   5.0   8   2   1   1   2   1.80   1.80
27>34

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #386 on: October 03, 2014, 10:23:33 pm »
wasnt talking about peavy at all

just comparing strasburg today to the other big name pitchers of the playoffs so far

strasburg wasnt great but he wasnt bad either. he kept the nats more in the game than most #1 pitchers so far could claim.

peavy was great, obviously, but no one puts him in that tier of pitchers with kershaw, wainwright, etc

thats kidna my point
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 10:27:36 pm by gaaaaaaaaah »

vansmack

« Reply #387 on: October 03, 2014, 11:17:26 pm »
You included Verlander and said that only going 5 innings was Ace Like so I was confused.

He was barely in the top 4 starting performances today and isn't in the top 7 or 8 in the playoffs so far, but if it help you sleep well tonight, Strasburg was Ace Like. 
27>34

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #388 on: October 03, 2014, 11:51:48 pm »
i never said that at all. notice the quotation marks around ace-like. im not even praising stephen (i explicitly said i dont think he was great today. maybe you missed that), just comparing his outing to other, costlier outings by big name pitchers so far. people talk about strasburg and whether or not he belongs in the conversation of the leagues aces so its more interesting to me to compare his playoff performance to kershaw, wainwright, scherzer, etc than jake peavy. go ahead and keep arguing whatever youre arguing though.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 11:55:30 pm by gaaaaaaaaah »

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #389 on: October 03, 2014, 11:59:28 pm »
my point is for all the marquee billing big name pitching matchups get you never know in advance what the best postseason games will be. thats the fun of the whole thng