Author Topic: The Nats Thread  (Read 306389 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: The Nats Thread
« Reply #420 on: October 05, 2014, 01:47:32 pm »
Misery loves company.

You know where to find me.  And Julian.
I got up this morning, went to brunch, had two Mimosas and a bloody Mary, went back home went to bed and am just now getting up to read this.

I, for one, welcome our new oriole overlords!
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #421 on: October 05, 2014, 01:48:07 pm »
I wont' even talk about the Storen coming in thing since if you cant see that taking out your pitcher when he hasn't given up a hit in like a whole bunch of innings with two outs and a runner on because of an ump's mistake is stupid... the Giants said they were most pleased to see Storen and they showed it....

some people let their fandom get in the way of common sense..

so you're suggesting, in hindsight, it was the incorrect call to pull zimm and go with storen?

what a bold take.

look dude i didn't film myself talking with my friend at last night's game at Nats Stadium telling him I didnt like the hook so I can't "prove it" but you'll just have to take my word for it that I didn't' like it.... or not.

I mean WTF? Why does it have to be assumed that its in "hindsight"??? Aren't there many reasons why at the time someone would have felt Jordan should have been left in? He'd been unhittable (three hits all night), was just at 100 pitches, etc and there were two outs and a runner on first on a questionable base on balls.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 01:50:12 pm by hutch »

vansmack

« Reply #422 on: October 05, 2014, 02:00:52 pm »
is there an al anon-like group for our significant others?

I'm just letting her pick from the forbidden shelf in the cellar....
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #423 on: October 05, 2014, 02:04:13 pm »
When are people going to realize Harper is nothing....

3 seasons ago?  And I'm pretty sure you disagreed with me on it.

every time I go "Ok Harper, if you take advantage of this situation I'll stand corrected.. prove me wrong!" ... He never does.

Maybe if you tried saying it to his face....
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 02:17:13 pm by vansmack »
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #424 on: October 05, 2014, 02:07:11 pm »
I saw a tweet - The Nats are the Caps without the ice.

I had an entertaining exchange with Hoya most of the night, but this part was my favorite:

Smackie:  They're out of the High Life at this bar.  This is a problem...
Hoya: I've been out of beer for 11 innings now.
Smackie: Touche
Hoya: No flask was a bad call
27>34

shemptiness

« Reply #425 on: October 05, 2014, 02:17:44 pm »
When are people going to realize Harper is nothing....

3 years ago?

I think you need to update your closing for the postseason.....  27=34

stevewizzle

« Reply #426 on: October 05, 2014, 02:51:34 pm »
I wont' even talk about the Storen coming in thing since if you cant see that taking out your pitcher when he hasn't given up a hit in like a whole bunch of innings with two outs and a runner on because of an ump's mistake is stupid... the Giants said they were most pleased to see Storen and they showed it....

some people let their fandom get in the way of common sense..

so you're suggesting, in hindsight, it was the incorrect call to pull zimm and go with storen?

what a bold take.

look dude i didn't film myself talking with my friend at last night's game at Nats Stadium telling him I didnt like the hook so I can't "prove it" but you'll just have to take my word for it that I didn't' like it.... or not.

I mean WTF? Why does it have to be assumed that its in "hindsight"??? Aren't there many reasons why at the time someone would have felt Jordan should have been left in? He'd been unhittable (three hits all night), was just at 100 pitches, etc and there were two outs and a runner on first on a questionable base on balls.

everyone all of a sudden becomes an expert in hindsight. i'm not questioning whether or not that your word is good, i'm suggesting that everyone has those same questions and thoughts throughout the game. i probably speak for everyone when i say i question moves, pitch choice, pitch location, batter line-up, rotation use, bullpen use, etc. constantly. rarely do my "scenarios" play out, and when they do, i don't pat myself on the back for them. i asked the same question "is this really the move matt williams should be making? jordan's been on fire the last 18 innings".  but then i remembered that ball yelich crushed a few days ago, and i saw a frustrated zimmerman who wasn't getting his calls, and i saw a hungry buster posey and pablo sandoval waiting who could easily make it 2-1 in one swing.  zimmerman was attacking the zone, as he always does, but that strike zone seemed to get narrow that inning.  storen was brought in to pitch around the zone, and that pitch he made to pablo just hung up a little bit too much. sometimes hitters still can get the best of you.  plus, you've got the best pen in baseball that's obviously going to have to be trusted on throughout the post-season. 

vansmack

« Reply #427 on: October 05, 2014, 03:24:18 pm »
I think you need to update your closing for the postseason.....  27=34

Too soon.
27>34

James Ford

« Reply #428 on: October 05, 2014, 04:17:26 pm »
Timely article in the Post today about the possible Beltway Series. Seems like they're noy paying attention to what's actually going on.

shemptiness

« Reply #429 on: October 06, 2014, 10:16:25 am »
Home plate umpire Vic Carapazza tossed Washington?s Asdrubal Cabrera for arguing balls and strikes, and Williams came out to defend his player. Williams shouted a few words at Carapazza, then appeared to tell the umpire ?you have got to throw me out of this [expletive] game right now.?

That's pretty dumb.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #430 on: October 06, 2014, 10:19:40 am »
Was at the game on Saturday. Froze to death. We were in section 229 which had an awesome vacuum effect. We moved over to the Red Porch in the 8th THINKING we were about to wrap this puppy up. Then the Giants struck. It deflated that whole damn stadium. It only got worse inning after inning. My buddy had to go to work so I had to run out to the car and let him grab all his work stuff and I couldn't get back in the car. It was the 15th inning. I happily thawed out in my car. Seeing that team in person was something else. When someone would get on base they would get all fired up AND THEN COULDN'T ADVANCE ANY RUNNER 1 FUCKING BASE OVER. It was maddening. Inning after inning. What's the definition of madness again? Williams has to do something. Put Zimmerman in, swap the line-up around, give the guys a gun or something. I dunno. I can't handle watching the Nats and the Skins lose in the same night back to back.
‼‼?‼‼

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #431 on: October 06, 2014, 10:47:18 am »
did you get, a hot dog and a soda pop? 

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #432 on: October 06, 2014, 11:03:33 am »
Chicken, fries, and a couple beers. I heard they re-opened Shake Shack in the 14th or 15th inning?
‼‼?‼‼

stevewizzle

« Reply #433 on: October 06, 2014, 11:56:16 am »
Seeing that team in person was something else. When someone would get on base they would get all fired up AND THEN COULDN'T ADVANCE ANY RUNNER 1 FUCKING BASE OVER. It was maddening. Inning after inning. What's the definition of madness again? Williams has to do something.

insanity... trying the same thing over and over again expecting a different result.

ned yost would have had this game over no later than the 12th.  for better or for worse.

vansmack

« Reply #434 on: October 06, 2014, 12:10:02 pm »
That's pretty dumb.

Should have just called him a cocksucker.
27>34