Author Topic: The Nats Thread  (Read 306259 times)

stevewizzle

Re: The Nats Thread
« Reply #720 on: April 28, 2015, 11:06:34 pm »
i'm no dan uggla fan, but holy shit did he just totally shit on his old team or what?

seems like a nice turning point to the rough start.

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #721 on: April 29, 2015, 06:51:39 am »
i think uggla has played his way off this team once rendon comes back (though when rendon will be back is another issue entirely) but man, was last night cool or what? had to feel great for him to do that in atlanta

in the bigger picture, hopefully that incredible comeback kicked some life into this team.

hutch

« Reply #722 on: April 29, 2015, 08:42:51 am »
i think uggla has played his way off this team once rendon comes back (though when rendon will be back is another issue entirely) but man, was last night cool or what? had to feel great for him to do that in atlanta

in the bigger picture, hopefully that incredible comeback kicked some life into this team.

definitely

imbecile

« Reply #723 on: April 29, 2015, 08:44:52 am »
anyone still watching this?

I turned it off when we were down like 10-2 or whatever it was.  Got to this thread and thought "no way" had no idea what you guys were on about.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #724 on: April 29, 2015, 09:47:17 am »
What a game. Wow. AJ Cole really let it go there in the 2nd. Crazy. Poor kid lol. Talk about picking up your pitcher. What a crazy game. Did not think Uggla would smash that homer. Insane. Such a fun game to watch! Hopefully this lights a fire under these guys.
‼‼?‼‼

stevewizzle

« Reply #725 on: April 29, 2015, 10:48:50 am »
What a game. Wow. AJ Cole really let it go there in the 2nd. Crazy. Poor kid lol. Talk about picking up your pitcher. What a crazy game. Did not think Uggla would smash that homer. Insane. Such a fun game to watch! Hopefully this lights a fire under these guys.

AJ Cole may never be the same again.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #726 on: April 29, 2015, 10:57:41 am »
Did not think Uggla would smash that homer.
I don't know if you saw the entire game but he hit a huge 2-RBI triple earlier in the game too. He was absolutely ripping the cover off of the ball and the heart out of my drunk friend's chest.
LVMH

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #727 on: April 29, 2015, 11:06:21 am »
Did not think Uggla would smash that homer.
I don't know if you saw the entire game but he hit a huge 2-RBI triple earlier in the game too. He was absolutely ripping the cover off of the ball and the heart out of my drunk friend's chest.
He had such a huge game. To be put in that spot against his old team. So awesome. I missed an inning or two driving from the bar back to my house. I believe that's when we made it 10-6. Super fun. Excited to see how both teams come out tonight.
‼‼?‼‼

vansmack

« Reply #728 on: April 29, 2015, 11:45:16 am »
i'm no dan uggla fan, but holy shit did he just totally shit on his old team or what?

This is cute, but no, he's still Dan Uggla and despite last night's performance, he raised his avg to a paltry .190,  still below the Mendoza line.

This is my worst nightmare though - the Braves paid Uggla last night somewhere around $78k to nearly single-handedly beat them.  That has to be the worst part.
27>34

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #729 on: April 29, 2015, 11:46:17 am »
This is my worst nightmare though - the Braves paid Uggla last night somewhere around $78k to nearly single-handedly beat them.  That has to be the worst part.
That was my friend's sentiment. Anyone but Dan Uggla.
LVMH

stevewizzle

« Reply #730 on: April 29, 2015, 11:47:36 am »

This is cute, but no, he's still Dan Uggla and despite last night's performance, he raised his avg to a paltry .190,  still below the Mendoza line.

oh, woah.  i was saying "nice turning point to the nats rough start".

dan uggla is the worst and i thank him for last nights game it was really exciting and i hope he never plays another inning for the nats again.

vansmack

« Reply #731 on: April 29, 2015, 11:53:10 am »
oh, woah.  i was saying "nice turning point to the nats rough start".

dan uggla is the worst and i thank him for last nights game it was really exciting and i hope he never plays another inning for the nats again.

Ah, I see.  That makes more sense.
27>34

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #732 on: April 30, 2015, 10:45:32 am »
26 runs in 2 games. Are they going to go through these insane spurts of scoring a ridiculous amount of runs and then another ridiculous spurt of not scoring runs? This is absurd.
‼‼?‼‼

hutch

« Reply #733 on: May 02, 2015, 02:53:16 pm »
I just want to say for the record that I am taking full credit for Bryce Harper's improvement.....sometimes criticism- warranted or not- can spur people to take stock and make the necessary changes to improve their game...

I think this is clearly one of those instances...

imbecile

« Reply #734 on: May 06, 2015, 03:13:10 pm »
Pretty good day i picked to skip out on work for the afternoon and go see the Nats.