Author Topic: The Nats Thread  (Read 306303 times)

imbecile

Re: The Nats Thread
« Reply #750 on: May 21, 2015, 11:21:44 am »
#umpshow

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #751 on: May 21, 2015, 11:41:44 am »
bryce was definitely pushing his luck but at the same time hudson was totally baiting him (not for the first time either) and thats unacceptable. harper was back in the box ready to go when hudson stepped out to yell at matt williams. bryce's quip after that was a mistake he shouldnt have made but hudson could have easily let the situation diffuse itself by then. there are times when an ejection is called for but its not ok for an ump to personally escalate like that

i guess the nats lodged a formal complaint, whatever that means, so itll be interesting to see if anything happens with that

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #752 on: May 21, 2015, 01:16:47 pm »
Hasn't this guy tossed 3 different Nats managers now? He tossed out Davey for sure... I laughed when Matt kicked dirt onto the home plate.

ARod also stepped out of the box. Should have been tossed.
‼‼?‼‼

imbecile

« Reply #753 on: May 21, 2015, 02:03:23 pm »
There were so many problems with the ump lastnight.  I was at the game and saw the whole thing happen one way - looked to me like Harper was ready to go, then the ump started jawing with Matt Williams in the dug out, drawing Matt out, so then Harper backed out the box to let them go at it.  Then all of a sudden the ump was ready to go and tossed Bryce for not being there.  My friend sitting next to me saw it this way - Harper knew the rule about being in the box and wasting time and showed up the ump by just putting his toe in the box.  So, i can see how it's muddled.  But anyway, seemed an overreaction.

And when you factor in the crap the Yankees got away with it really did look vindictive.  Four straight K's looking, all on questionable pitches.  The yanks getting forever just to determine whether or not they wanted to challenge the out at first - where was the need to speed the game up then.  The ump was quick to go the mound and break up the Nats little meeting in the 8th inning.  Yanks had plenty of guys backing out the box without issue.  I understand filing a complaint, but yeah.. no idea what that even means.  Oh well, Nats won and A-Rod got called out on a pitch that was definitely a ball high and inside.

vansmack

« Reply #754 on: May 21, 2015, 03:18:46 pm »
I can't recall Mike Trout ever being ejected. #teamfirst
27>34

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #755 on: May 21, 2015, 03:19:29 pm »
I can't recall Mike Trout ever being ejected. #teamfirst
Obviously he's not passionate.
‼‼?‼‼

vansmack

« Reply #756 on: May 21, 2015, 03:21:44 pm »

Or he's an adult and acts like one?
27>34

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #757 on: May 21, 2015, 03:33:05 pm »

Or he's an adult and acts like one?
Wait, no adults have ever been kicked out of baseball games before?
‼‼?‼‼

vansmack

« Reply #758 on: May 21, 2015, 03:49:13 pm »

There's a fault in that logic, and frankly, I'm not sure how you derived that from what I said, but the reality is only two people should ever get ejected from a baseball game:

The Manager for various reasons;

The pitcher defending his battery mates.
27>34

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #759 on: May 21, 2015, 03:57:23 pm »
the reality is only two people should ever get ejected from a baseball game:

You put the blame for Harper getting thrown out last night on him? I don't even like the Nats but it seemed pretty clear to me that was an ump just completely making himself the show.
LVMH

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #760 on: May 21, 2015, 04:28:16 pm »

There's a fault in that logic, and frankly, I'm not sure how you derived that from what I said, but the reality is only two people should ever get ejected from a baseball game:

I was being sarcastic because you implited Harper wasn't being a team player. If anything I thought he wasn't trying to get involved. He was in the box. Hudson started barking back at the dug out towards Williams, Bryce stepped out because Hudson stepped out and started walking over to the dug out. The ump was being a ding dong.
‼‼?‼‼

vansmack

« Reply #761 on: May 21, 2015, 04:56:41 pm »
First off, he argued balls and strikes, but yes, he was being rather polite about it:  "Don't you think that was a little low?"

The ump said shut up and hit, probably not very politely. 

Then Williams jumped in, Bryce stepped out.

But it was HOW Bryce got back in the box that got him tossed:

http://video.businessinsider.com/8f87069c-97c4-4090-8cc2-73de648c7f6b.mp4

Are you telling me that you would have not thrown him out for the way he mockingly ran back to the box?
27>34

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #762 on: May 21, 2015, 05:00:25 pm »
no way. let the players play. like i said, bryce was pushing it so i dont have full sympathy here, but hes right that no one comes to watch an umpire. in my book it takes something truly egregious to warrant an ejection, and bryce didnt cross that line

and again, if hudson hadnt stepped out to continue arguing with williams, harper would have never had the chance to mockingly run back into the box. how is it ok for an ump to escalate like that? managers jaw from the dugout all the time and umps ignore them, but this ump had to get his say in too?

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #763 on: May 21, 2015, 05:37:37 pm »
Are you telling me that you would have not thrown him out for the way he mockingly ran back to the box?
Are you kidding me? Hell no. Get out of here with that. Be serious.
LVMH

vansmack

« Reply #764 on: May 21, 2015, 08:34:23 pm »
There's no innocent party here, but there's only one person with authority, and the petulant child STILL hasn't figured that out.

He acts bigger than the game, he wants to be treated like a star veteran after one great month of baseball, and it's just not going to happen.

Didn't see a whole lot of current players come to his defense (actually, I haven't seen a single one), and that should tell you something.   
27>34