Author Topic: The Nats Thread  (Read 306388 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: The Nats Thread
« Reply #780 on: May 26, 2015, 03:56:13 pm »
but maybe i'm missing something...
He said this a week into the season when Harper was struggling and he has since claimed his "shaming" Harper has been the cause of Harper's improvement. I believe he is saying it today in that vain.

vein
Damn you, unchecked voice-to-text!
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #781 on: May 26, 2015, 03:58:39 pm »
but maybe i'm missing something...
He said this a week into the season when Harper was struggling and he has since claimed his "shaming" Harper has been the cause of Harper's improvement. I believe he is saying it today in that vain.

vein
Damn you, unchecked voice-to-text!

yeah.. made my day...

Space Freely

« Reply #782 on: May 27, 2015, 10:51:42 am »
We went to our first game this year on Sunday. Nats won 4-1 in workmanlike fashion. Kid ran the bases. No interesting stories there. But I do have a crowd story.

Two rows below us sat a group of 75+ fans. They were old. They were fragile. But kudos to them for getting out there and going to the ballpark. As best I could tell, unaccompanied by anyone younger. Hopefully it won't be their last trip to the ballpark, but you never know.

One row below us sat a group of 20somethings. Isn't it great how such a diverse array of white people make it to the same ballgame? Anyway, amongst that group was the star of this story, and unkempt looking dude who looked like he had just dropped in from a Phish concert. Short, unruly, whiteboy fro, unshaven face and neck, and worst of all (for those of us behind him), plenty of pubic hair growing all over the back of his neck. Anyway, this guy comes back to his seat with a trey of food and a $10 swill beer stacked on the trey, and that's where the story begins.

Somehow, he manages to dump his entire trey of food and beer on the 75+ lady in front of him. Her white t-shirt is completely soaked with beer. Her white Nats hat is covered with ketchup which has also been washed with beer.

What happens next? Well I'd like to say that the lady's 75+ husband pummeled the shit out of mini-Trey, but it didn't happen. I'd like to say that mini-Trey apologized profusely and then went and promptly bought the lady a new t-shirt and hat. But none of those things happened, we observed not even a hint of an apology. After a short period, mini-Trey did get up...and....brought her a pile of paper towels so her husband could dry her off.

An inning later, mini-Trey went and got a fresh beer for himself. A little surprisingly, he didn't eat any of the portion of the food that had fallen on the ground in front of him. And I headed for a loo break where I ran into the husband who was furiously scrubbing the ketchup out of his wife's hat. An inning later,  the old people were gone. I hope it wasn't their last Nats game.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 11:39:24 am by Space Freely »

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #783 on: May 27, 2015, 11:42:29 am »
That's pretty shitty. Nats games is where I've encountered less bro-y people. It's more uptight, yuppie douchebags there who sit on their phone with their sunglasses on the back of their heads. That's a real shame though! I went to the first game against the Yankees last week and sat behind the dugout and there was a lot of older people in the section. Really old people rooting for the Yanks. It's cool to see that though.
‼‼?‼‼

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #784 on: May 27, 2015, 12:07:42 pm »
There are asshole fans of every team, at every age, including fans of my favorite teams. Its unfortunate when you turn up sitting near them, that's for sure.
LVMH

vansmack

« Reply #785 on: May 27, 2015, 12:22:31 pm »
but maybe i'm missing something... like "baseball is more than just on-field performance"?

The only things folks are missing right now is his ability to do this for an entire season.

This is his best chance yet though.
27>34

stevewizzle

« Reply #786 on: May 27, 2015, 09:57:41 pm »
You'd figure Harper could carry the team.....he's the best.

remember when hutch said this all smart ass and such? 

hutch

« Reply #787 on: May 28, 2015, 07:57:32 am »
You'd figure Harper could carry the team.....he's the best.

remember when hutch said this all smart ass and such? 

I remember....glad my reverse psychology worked...it was time.... do you guys think he goes to the Yankees or stays a Nat?

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #788 on: May 28, 2015, 10:35:01 am »
Dang that Max Scherzer is insane. 13 Ks last night. Crazy. CRAZY! Just bought tickets for Tuesday. I need to see this guy pitch!
‼‼?‼‼

hutch

« Reply #789 on: May 28, 2015, 07:21:48 pm »
Dang that Max Scherzer is insane. 13 Ks last night. Crazy. CRAZY! Just bought tickets for Tuesday. I need to see this guy pitch!

yup...great acquisition..the guy has the goods.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #790 on: May 29, 2015, 11:14:40 am »
Bought my tickets for Tuesday. Has anyone used Seat Geek? I hear their ads all the time on the sports radio channels and I finally checked it out. Got seats in section 128 [behind the home dugout] for 25 bucks each. Checked elsewhere and the tickets were going for $122 each. Insane!
‼‼?‼‼

brennser

« Reply #791 on: May 29, 2015, 11:46:07 am »
seat geek is great

Bought my tickets for Tuesday. Has anyone used Seat Geek? I hear their ads all the time on the sports radio channels and I finally checked it out. Got seats in section 128 [behind the home dugout] for 25 bucks each. Checked elsewhere and the tickets were going for $122 each. Insane!

vansmack

« Reply #792 on: May 29, 2015, 02:55:42 pm »
yup...great acquisition..the guy has the goods.

From Buster:

Harper and Scherzer have played well together. In fact, Harper now has eight homers in the 10 games Scherzer has started this season, just two fewer than he has in the 37 games started by everyone else. He also has backed Scherzer with a .524 OBP and 1.121 slugging percentage.
27>34

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #793 on: May 29, 2015, 03:05:36 pm »
Those 2 plus Storen are on some kind of heater.
‼‼?‼‼

vansmack

« Reply #794 on: June 11, 2015, 12:04:36 pm »
Sleep well.....

https://instagram.com/p/3t7BgagIaP/?taken-by=bharper3407

Alex Rodriguez?s 10-year, $275 million deal expires after the 2017 season.
Mark Teixeira?s eight-year, $180 million deal expires after the 2016 season.
Sabathia?s contract ? including the extension expires by the end of the 2017 season.
Carlos Beltran?s $45 million deal will be over after 2016.
Brian McCann?s $85 million deal will conclude after 2018.
Chase Headley?s $52 million deal will end in 2018.
Brett Gardner?s $52 million deal will end in 2018.
Andrew Miller?s $36 million ends in 2018.

If he's not a Yankee in 2019....
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 12:12:02 pm by vansmack »
27>34