Author Topic: The Nats Thread  (Read 306647 times)

hutch

Re: The Nats Thread
« Reply #960 on: January 26, 2016, 01:26:34 pm »

vansmack

« Reply #961 on: January 26, 2016, 02:31:42 pm »
Well, there was Cespedes....

And:

Darren O'Day
Ben Zobrist
Jason Heyward
Mike Leake
Aroldis Chapman (though, I can give the Nats a pass on this one)

And not to mention Brandon Phillips and whatever happened with the Bud Black negotiations....
27>34

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #962 on: January 26, 2016, 02:33:37 pm »
Dickhead

http://www.redsoxlife.com/2014/10/whats-wrong-with-cespedes-and-why.html
Tiger fans/players/coaches loved him. Ditto for Mets. Ditto (mostly) for Oakland. Only place he didn't seem to fit in was the Sox. Have you met Bostonians? Being thought a dickhead (or some other unsavory title) by those people is basically the greatest testimony one can have to their character.

I'm calling sour grapes on you.
LVMH

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #963 on: January 26, 2016, 02:53:25 pm »
Well, there was Cespedes....

And:

Darren O'Day
Ben Zobrist
Jason Heyward
Mike Leake
Aroldis Chapman (though, I can give the Nats a pass on this one)

And not to mention Brandon Phillips and whatever happened with the Bud Black negotiations....

o'day took more money in a familiar clubhouse

zobrist took a bit less for a familiar manager and more readymade contender. the giants offer was similar to the nats and was also turned down

heyward took a lot more money via the opt out factor, as well as more certainty about where hed play.

rizzo would have been crucified if hed landed chapman

leake was there for the taking. definitely a miss for the nats

phillips wanted an extension if he was going to uproot and leave his home. rizzo wouldnt budge, and shouldnt have.

the bud black situation was mishandled by all involved (BB, rizzo, media) and i dont think anyone came out looking good, but black clearlywanted the job so the "nobody wants to play in dc" hypothesis doesnt hold up there

cespedes will liekly earn more money over the 5 year period via his mets deal, opt out or not, and his next free agent contract. its also a familiar clubhouse and less potential drama regarding where hed play and who hed be displacing

not seeing how those are all supposed to reflect poorly on the nats

hutch

« Reply #964 on: January 26, 2016, 03:04:55 pm »
Dickhead

http://www.redsoxlife.com/2014/10/whats-wrong-with-cespedes-and-why.html
Tiger fans/players/coaches loved him. Ditto for Mets. Ditto (mostly) for Oakland. Only place he didn't seem to fit in was the Sox. Have you met Bostonians? Being thought a dickhead (or some other unsavory title) by those people is basically the greatest testimony one can have to their character.

I'm calling sour grapes on you.

no.. if I felt bad about Cespedes not coming to the Nats I would think it and say it... I really don't... time may prove me wrong but at this point.. no...

I mean I been arguing the Nats need more bats for a long time.. I was saying it 2 years ago..maybe 3.. but I don't see Cespedes as that big a bat.. maybe he'll prove me wrong.

vansmack

« Reply #965 on: January 26, 2016, 11:35:03 pm »
I stand corrected.  Bronson Arroyo will play in DC.
27>34

hutch

« Reply #966 on: January 27, 2016, 12:20:43 am »
I stand corrected.  Bronson Arroyo will play in DC.

I hate it when you're wrong.

vansmack

« Reply #968 on: February 03, 2016, 12:24:01 pm »
27>34

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #969 on: February 03, 2016, 01:25:47 pm »
i didnt say it was a blessing at all, just that there are obvious reasons beyond this silly clubhouse narrative as to why the nats kept whiffing. that article seems to confirm it

the masn saga is way over my head so i largely stay out of it, but im sure it is affecting payroll to some extent. how could it not.

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #970 on: February 03, 2016, 01:56:28 pm »
O's deferred some salary for Chris Davis contract, so don't know if that is sole reason players went elsewhere.

vansmack

« Reply #971 on: February 12, 2016, 02:13:08 am »
Have fun.....

MLB Rumors: 2015 NL MVP & Nats OF Bryce Harper Responds to Comments of Potential $400M Contract ? 'Don't sell me short'
27>34

hutch

« Reply #972 on: February 12, 2016, 09:03:30 am »
well at some price point the Nats will balk at resigning Harper.... and that is ok..

vansmack

« Reply #973 on: February 15, 2016, 08:18:07 pm »
This hasn't been talked about enough.  People keep focusing on future free agent deals, like Strasburg (who will test the free agent market and not sign an extension, and I'm willing to bet a lot on that), but Stras has two more years of arbitration left.

BORAS: STRASBURG WILL GO TO FREE AGENCY

Agent Scott Boras told Fox Sports that Stephen Strasburg and the Nationals likely won't talk a contract extension this season. Strasburg recently inked a one-year deal with the Nationals for 2016.
27>34

hutch

« Reply #974 on: April 03, 2016, 08:01:21 am »
What's New at Nationals Park

Concessions and Menu Items
Pitch Your Product culinary contest winners, Haute Dogs & Fries and Pinch Dumplings, are open for business at Nationals Park.
Haute Dogs & Fries in Section 105 offers hot-off-the-grill gourmet hot dogs and hand-cut french fries. Their franks are made with local products and are served on a New England-style bun with fresh condiments.
Pinch Dumplings will offer a variety of locally-sourced, hand-made Chinese dumplings, including pork, beef and vegetarian options. Pinch Dumplings will be available in Section 302.
A variety of new food options, including two Mike Isabella concepts, will be available at newly renovated concession stands on the Gallery Level and in the Norfolk Southern Club.

Mike Isabella's Kapnos at the Park will feature a menu consisting of Greek-inspired plates such as gyros, fried Greek potatoes, tzatziki and hummus, while Mike Isabella's Catchfly is a new Southern-style concept that will feature barbecue ribs, popcorn chicken, a special hot chicken sandwich and sides including fried pickles and banana pudding. Both stands will be located in Section 301.
On Rye will serve Jewish-style deli sandwiches, such as the Reuben, in addition to their signature babka ice cream sandwiches at their location in the Norfolk Southern Club in Section 210.

Beginning this season, Anheuser-Busch will be the new Official Beer Partner of the Washington Nationals.
Fans will be able to enjoy new beer options including Budweiser, Bud Light, Goose Island, Shock Top, Stella and Blue Point Toasted Lager. Local craft beers and other brands will still be available throughout the park.
New ballpark locations include the Budweiser Brew House (formerly Red Porch), Bud Light Loft (formerly Red Loft), Budweiser Terrace (formerly the Scoreboard Walk), the Goose Island Pub (Section 113) and the Shock Top Bar (Section 205). The new Lime-A-Rita Lookout bar will join other new food and beverage options on the Gallery Level.