Author Topic: The Nats Thread  (Read 306581 times)

Space Freely

Re: The Nats Thread
« Reply #1155 on: October 10, 2017, 11:46:59 am »
I think pulling Max was the right call, but in that spot, looking to go up, when the bats are silent again, Max has shown that he can power through those kinds of situations. I think you let him rock through that inning and check his hamstring after. It's the playoffs. THIS is why you kept him out game 1 and 2. THIS is where you push the players. Now they're facing elimination. ESPECIALLY when the bullpen [yeah, different teams yadda yadda] has blown starts for this team again and again.

Can't win when the bats go silent though.

Tell that to the Cubs. They have only eight runs on 15 hits in 26 innings and still managed to win two out of three.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #1156 on: October 10, 2017, 12:58:25 pm »
They've scored more than the Nats? Lol

This has been the Nats boogeyman smh. I *hope* there's a rain delay so Stras can take the hill tomorrow.
‼‼?‼‼

Space Freely

« Reply #1157 on: October 10, 2017, 01:17:08 pm »
They've scored more than the Nats? Lol

This has been the Nats boogeyman smh. I *hope* there's a rain delay so Stras can take the hill tomorrow.

Small sample size but Illinois native Roark has been impressive at Wrigley. And Arrieta has not been that good against the Nats. Still, yeah forecast definitely looks good for a rainout and I'll take Strasburg over Roark on the mound any day. If Strasburg pitched game 4 and they won, who would pitch game 5? Would Gio have enough rest or would you have to go with Roark anyway?

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #1158 on: October 10, 2017, 01:21:33 pm »
I guess it depends on the bats. Probably have to go Roark in game 5. Gio seems too up and down and I'm not a huge fan of short rest if it's not needed.
‼‼?‼‼

hutch

« Reply #1159 on: October 10, 2017, 01:24:41 pm »
Ha..that is why u guys are not managing

Scherzer ummm is coming back from injury...the sports hunkies saidwhen he starts huffing around the mound rizzo said it means he is done...they disagreed 2 to 2 on whether he should have been pinch hit previous AB

werth should have been subbed for defense...

Kendrick should have started all games but they just love them some werth but dusty costing them game???  Umm 1-4 batters 0 for 16 cost game

But i get it..blaming dusty is fans pastime

I prefer maddon and girardi to dusty but dusty is working without long term deal...maddon or just about anybody would not do that...other issue might be bryce batting 2nd

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #1160 on: October 10, 2017, 01:28:21 pm »
Pretty sure Dusty wants to win a pennant more than he wants a contract extension. I don't think he's half assing it because he hasn't been extended yet. And I'm not blaming Dusty at all, I said I thought pulling Max was the right thing to do, even if I've seen this scenario play out with this team many times before.

And like I said you can't win when the bats are silent! Unless you're the Cubs I guess. Nats just plain need to score. 1 catastrophic error and they're done. Cubs had 4 god damn errors and still pulled out a win. Nats can't even seem to fuck up even once and recover. SMALL BALL. JUST PLAY SMALL BALL.
‼‼?‼‼

Space Freely

« Reply #1161 on: October 10, 2017, 01:31:33 pm »
I guess it depends on the bats. Probably have to go Roark in game 5. Gio seems too up and down and I'm not a huge fan of short rest if it's not needed.

Game 5 is Thursday and Gio threw five innings on Saturday. That would be enough rest, right?

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1162 on: October 10, 2017, 01:33:20 pm »

hutch

« Reply #1163 on: October 10, 2017, 01:47:59 pm »
What i meant is if u are cheap u get dusty not maddon ...

vansmack

« Reply #1164 on: October 10, 2017, 02:54:43 pm »
Just dropping in to see how clenched everybody's asses are....
27>34

hutch

« Reply #1165 on: October 10, 2017, 03:20:55 pm »
Hey at least we still have our asses..

Space Freely

« Reply #1166 on: October 10, 2017, 08:23:35 pm »
Dumbass Dusty still planning on starting Roark on Wed. How are we all liking that idea?

ggw

« Reply #1167 on: October 10, 2017, 09:36:57 pm »
Dumbass Dusty still planning on starting Roark on Wed. How are we all liking that idea?

It's the mold:

“Yes, and a lot of my team is under the weather with the change of weather and the air conditioning in the hotel and the air conditioning here,” Baker explained. “It’s just this time of the year for mold around Chicago — I think it’s mold. I mean, I have it, too.”

shemptiness

hutch

« Reply #1169 on: October 11, 2017, 09:54:16 am »
Geez...wtf