Author Topic: Top 5 Favorite shows I've attended by decade  (Read 8606 times)

SPARX

Re: Top 5 Favorite shows I've attended by decade
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2007, 03:46:00 pm »
Originally posted by jeffnar:
  70's:
 rolling stones/kansas/peter tosh-7/1/78 cleveland stadium
 cars/todd rundgren and utopia/cheap trick/eddie money-1979 legend valley ohio
 aerosmith/golden earring-11/2/78 civic arena, pittsburgh
 rush/starz-1/19/79, civic arena, pittsburgh
 yes-4/11/79, civic arena, pittsburgh

WOW! Other than seeing Starz with a different band in Johnstown, we were at the same shows! Sure was hot @ Legend Valley that day. Fortunately it looks like you missed a very bad opener to an otherwise grat day of music in Zanesville. The 1st band was a Robert Plant wannabe fronting a band called Roadmaster. Yes, In The Round, correct?

jeffnar

« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2007, 07:22:00 pm »
Originally posted by SPARX:[/qb]
WOW! Other than seeing Starz with a different band in Johnstown, we were at the same shows! Sure was hot @ Legend Valley that day. Fortunately it looks like you missed a very bad opener to an otherwise grat day of music in Zanesville. The 1st band was a Robert Plant wannabe fronting a band called Roadmaster. Yes, In The Round, correct? [/QB][/QUOTE]

yup, roadmaster (from ohio, right? -lucky band that day) opening at legend valley and yes was in the round. i remember people burning a car in the crazy LV parking lot scene afterwards. LV was a long hot day indeed; i remember one of the people i went with was soooo tanked and shroomed in the heat that he would pass out in between bands and start right up again full speed when the next band started; hooting, hollerin' and jumping up and down until each successive passout.

when i saw your original list i knew i had to post, but it took me a few days to actually narrow shit down and remember dates. it's great to run into someone who went to some of my first concerts ever; acid, pot and alcohol everywhere, festival seating at many shows (until the who in ohio), wide open radio programming, $5-$10 big name shows you slept out in real lines for real tickets, LOL!

SPARX

« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2007, 08:09:00 pm »
Originally posted by jeffnar:

when i saw your original list i knew i had to post, but it took me a few days to actually narrow shit down and remember dates.  [/QB]
Glad you did. Those were some great shows. I thought more board regulars would post theirs but it is tough to narrow down and dates get blurry for sure. I'd love to see what you ALL on board enjoyed most. Brings back great memories!!!