Author Topic: Get me a brown paper bag!!!.......  (Read 1933 times)

Frank Gallagher

Get me a brown paper bag!!!.......
« on: March 13, 2007, 05:13:00 pm »
.....I'm hyperventilating.

OH, MY FUCKING GOD I'm like a giddy teenager.

THEY'RE BA'A'A'A'A'CK!!!

http://www.wearejames.com/

Chip Chanko

Re: Get me a brown paper bag!!!.......
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 06:20:00 pm »
Nice! Pleased to Meet You was a good ending, though.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 07:50:00 am »
Do you think they'll make over here seeing as they haven't toured this side of the pond in a decade.  The last studio record wasn't even released here...
T.Rex

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 09:11:00 am »
I took my James "Laid" album to three different cd stores in hopes of selling it in the last two weeks. Nobody would even give me a dollar for it.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2007, 11:19:00 am »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
  I took my James "Laid" album to three different cd stores in hopes of selling it in the last two weeks. Nobody would even give me a dollar for it.
That just shows the diabolical lack of musical taste in this country....I bet you would've got top dollar for Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, Kiss or some American Idle retard...and no it's not a spelling mistake!

Laid is a beautiful album by the way...what the hell do you want to get rid of that for? Especially with your family situation right now,there's a song called "lullaby" on it!   ;)

dfmcpete

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2007, 11:39:00 am »
I was listening to "Tomorrow" yesterday and thinking that James may have been the Coldplay of their time. Some of those lyrics don't hold up. Still, I would certainly pay to see them at the club.

distance

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2007, 11:41:00 am »
Originally posted by Roadbike Mankie:
  That just shows the diabolical lack of musical taste in this country....I bet you would've got top dollar for Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, Kiss or some American Idle retard...and no it's not a spelling mistake!

when i was in nyc last month, we walked by rockefeller center and people were ice skating.  right after we stopped to look, a bon jovi song came on over whatever they were using to pump music out (and it was one of the recent bon jovi songs) and after a few seconds, you could hear a chorus of voices from people on the ice singing along.  we had to leave before we started laughing too hard.

Guiny

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2007, 12:03:00 pm »
I'm sure they would have laughed just as hard at you if you started singing a James song, so it works both ways.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2007, 12:40:00 pm »
according to da wiki:

The initial 5 dates of the tour were expanded to 7 on the day tickets went on sale (26th January) due to high demand; the whole tour had sold out by close of business. The tour will take place during late April 2007, to be followed later in the year by more live shows with an arena tour in December 2007 a possibility, confirmed festival appearances at T in The Park and VFestival 2007, a new version of The Best Of (slated to be a CD/DVD combi) and a brand new album of new material.
 (...)
 The support for the upcoming tour is The Twang, already the subject of considerable media coverage.

coolness.
<sig>

nkotb

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2007, 01:48:00 pm »
Though I hate to admit it, I'm with Rob G...

If you can't appreciate Bon Jovi in some form, there's something wrong with you.  Slippery When Wet was the first tape I ever bought with my own money.  And I don't regret it one bit.

Originally posted by distance:
  when i was in nyc last month, we walked by rockefeller center and people were ice skating.  right after we stopped to look, a bon jovi song came on over whatever they were using to pump music out (and it was one of the recent bon jovi songs) and after a few seconds, you could hear a chorus of voices from people on the ice singing along.  we had to leave before we started laughing too hard.

Guiny

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2007, 10:00:00 am »
Wow, theres a first, nkotb agreeing with me   :D

nkotb

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2007, 10:05:00 am »
Didn't we make an Anthrax connection a few months back?

Seriously though, anyone that doesn't get psyched when "Living On A Prayer" or "Dead or Alive" is missing a vital element in their chemical make-up.

Originally posted by Buck Satan:
  Wow, theres a first, nkotb agreeing with me    :D