Author Topic: No one's going to Lollapalooza?  (Read 4522 times)

Dandy01

No one's going to Lollapalooza?
« on: July 31, 2003, 07:55:00 pm »
Tickets have been reduced to fifteen bucks for lawn.  Anyway, looking forward to seeing Campfire Girls, The Music, Rooney, The Donnas (although I'm not very fond of them) on the small stage, and Jane's Addiction, QOTSA, Incubus, Audioslave, and A Perfect Circle on the main stage, some just out of curiosity.  Good times!

paige

Re: No one's going to Lollapalooza?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2003, 08:02:00 pm »
Originally posted by Dandy01:
  Tickets have been reduced to fifteen bucks for lawn.  Anyway, looking forward to seeing Campfire Girls, The Music, Rooney, The Donnas (although I'm not very fond of them) on the small stage, and Jane's Addiction, QOTSA, Incubus, Audioslave, and A Perfect Circle on the main stage, some just out of curiosity.  Good times!
APC isn't playing our date. go to the website to see. i would love to go.. some people and friends from xm are going to interview qotsa... i am jealous i missed out on that opportunity!!  :confused:

Dandy01

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2003, 08:17:00 pm »
Originally posted by paige:

APC isn't playing our date. go to the website to see. i would love to go.. some people and friends from xm are going to interview qotsa... i am jealous i missed out on that opportunity!!   :confused:  [/b][/QUOTE]

Oh, that may explain the 9:30 show Saturday.  Or not, why would they not play if they're in town??

paige

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2003, 09:34:00 pm »
Originally posted by Dandy01:

Oh, that may explain the 9:30 show Saturday.  Or not, why would they not play if they're in town??
that's what i thought, but i checked the site, and under tour dates you can see what bands are playing at what cities.. sadly, APC is not doing a two shows in two days kind of thing..  :(

Random Citizen

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2003, 09:58:00 pm »
APC are only playing on the West Coast Lolla dates because they're taking over QOTSA's slot.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2003, 12:59:00 pm »
clear channel has turned to ebay to sell tickets to non soldout shows... will they stoop no lower to sell tickets to their overpriced shows?  at some point there's got to be a backlash from all those people who paid full price for tickets only to see people start paying less for them after the fact.
T.Rex

Sir HC

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2003, 01:14:00 pm »
Why would I go to Lollapalooza at some generic, sterile, corporate rock center.  I like the first ones out in the park, then when they put them in West Virginia it was cool.  But Nissan Pavillion, F that!  I am sorry but I thought part of the original concept was to be outside the mainstream venues in creative places.  Now it is just another summer tour like ozzfest or warped.

Oh, and I am trying my darnedest to never set foot in Nissan Pavillion, so far so good.

mankie

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2003, 01:19:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  clear channel has turned to ebay to sell tickets to non soldout shows... will they stoop no lower to sell tickets to their overpriced shows?  at some point there's got to be a backlash from all those people who paid full price for tickets only to see people start paying less for them after the fact.
Ever heard the term, "buyer beware"?

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2003, 01:27:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:

Ever heard the term, "buyer beware"? [/b]
yes... but it's one thing if tickets to the odd show is sold that way.  but it appears to becoming standard pratice for clear channel... but the airline industry has had the same pratices for years why not apply it to concerts as well. so the man will do anything including screwing concerts goers in order to pay down all the debt they incurred to acquire all the venues, radio stations etc..
T.Rex

mankie

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2003, 01:36:00 pm »

yes... but it's one thing if tickets to the odd show is sold that way.  but it appears to becoming standard pratice for clear channel... but the airline industry has had the same pratices for years why not apply it to concerts as well. so the man will do anything including screwing concerts goers in order to pay down all the debt they incurred to acquire all the venues, radio stations etc.. [/b]
Don't get me wrong, I wasn't defending clear channel at all. But if they start selling tickets for an event for $YY and as the event date approaches and they realize they're not selling so drop them to $XX, I don't have a problem with it.

I'm playing the game at the moment. I'm trying to zip off to Manc in the next two weeks but fares are coming in at $800+, so I'm holding off till the last minute hoping they drop them. If they don't, I won't go...I'll be disapointed for sure, but I'm not paying that amount..no way.

Mobius

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2003, 02:52:00 pm »
Anyone have any idea about set times?

ggw

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2003, 02:53:00 pm »
Originally posted by Mobius:
  Anyone have any idea about set times?
http://www.lollapalooza.com/tourdates/tour_0801_sched.htm

Mobius

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2003, 03:25:00 pm »
cool, thanks.  does nissan have an 11:00 curfew?  i hope jane's isn't only playing for an hour and change.

Sir HC

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2003, 04:14:00 pm »
I could see e-baying the tickets backfiring.  As concerts are totally discretionary spending then more people will start to wait for the e-bay deals for the not likely to sell-out shows thereby reducing profits.  I hope this does put them under.

RonniStar

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2003, 11:28:00 am »
The should have offered the $15 lawn seats months earlier. I'm heading to the Sprite Liquid Mix Tour at Merriweather. It's just $10 to get in.