Author Topic: Sarah McLachlan Roll Call  (Read 3199 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Sarah McLachlan Roll Call
« on: August 11, 2004, 11:03:00 am »
Expecting a good turnout for this one, seeing as I'm DJing at 932 again.  Since Sarah's hit Lite FM, expect a Swaggertastic evening of tunes in 932.  Now  where did I put my Burning Brides, BRMC, Foghat and G and R CDs.  ;)
T.Rex

Lamb007

Re: Sarah McLachlan Roll Call
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2004, 11:06:00 am »
I'll be there (against my will).  I owe my S.O. since I've taken her to many a show that didn't exactly float her boat.  Me thinks I'll be spending a good deal of time in 9:32 tonight.

sonickteam2

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2004, 12:48:00 pm »
sarah mclachlan used to be very cool, you know.

Bags

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2004, 01:00:00 pm »
I was a huge fan of "Touch," when it came out in 1989; I still listen to that album fairly regularly.  "Solace" a couple years later was also good, but I dropped off the bandwagon just before "Fumbling Toward Ecstasy."  I don't even remember if that was her big hit album or if it was the next...whatever, I like her though I wouldn't go see her now.  [Yes, I went to one Lilith show, just to see Liz Phair, and we missed her 'cuz of frickin' traffic.]

Random Citizen

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2004, 01:10:00 pm »
I was a fan during the "Solace" and "Fumbling..." era. I still love "Possession," though. That song is hot!  :D

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2004, 01:20:00 pm »
I'm curious to at least catch part of this show having never seen Sarah in concert.  Even though she was a hit in the border areas long before the rest of the US, I never caught her live.  Missed her during the Lilith Faire shows.  Kosmette expects a much different crowd then when she saw Sarah in college.  Hopefully, the soccer moms will leave their cellphones at home...
T.Rex

Venerable Bede

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2004, 02:27:00 pm »
geez, i must have seen sarah mclachlan some 6 times whilst in college. . .it has been interesting to see her headline larger and larger venues. . .first time i saw her, paid $10 at the door in a half-empty venue outside of austin. . ended up sitting in the front row.  that was a wonderful concert.  last time i saw her was at that patriot center in 97, i think.  place was filled with people only knowing the songs from "surfacing."
OU812

eltee

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2004, 02:51:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  I'm curious to at least catch part of this show having never seen Sarah in concert.  
She's excellent. And I hear Butterfly Boucher (opener) is similar and pretty good. I would be going, alas, other items on the schedule. I almost went to Philly to see her 2 weekends ago, but bailed. Sarah won't be touring much I suspect after this.

sonickteam2

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2004, 03:07:00 pm »
Originally posted by Sugartastic Tee Silk:
 And I hear Butterfly Boucher (opener) is similar and pretty good.
sugar, are you kidding me?  

shes the Austrailian Avril Lavigne.  

please tell me you just heard that from a friend...or a very dumb person, homeless man, whoever....

imaginarycolors

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2004, 04:41:00 pm »
i dunno if Butterfly is trying to be as much of a poser as Avril though and i did think about seeing Sarah in concert but after Projekt Revolution and seeing so many rock bands that involve moving and jumping, that'd just be too weird of a transition although it was kind of calm at the Projekt Revolution, i didn't get squished or nothin and i didn't feel too many mosh pits which was a blessing actually, i had only two hours of sleep all day and now i deal with a sore neck. I like Sarah's stuff but thought "Afterglow" conformed too much to AC radio where as "Surfacing" it had some interests to listen to, did u know "Building a Mystery" was a hit on Alternative radio? U probably won't believe me but its true. But whoever goes to the show, hope you have a good time and if u have a date, not a bad place to get it advanced.

Bags

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2004, 04:45:00 pm »
From Liz Phair's, "The Records that Changed My Life":

BUTTERFLY BOUCHER
 FLUTTERBY (A&M, 2004)
 "She played all the instruments, arranged it, produced it, and it's brilliant from top to bottom. I feel like, in a way, I helped make it, because she did it all herself, and I was part of that movement. If you liked my first record, you'd have to like this one."

eltee

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2004, 04:48:00 pm »
Originally posted by sonickteam2:

please tell me you just heard that from a friend...or a very dumb person, homeless man, whoever.... [/b]
Yes, I said I heard, need a repeat?

eltee

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2004, 04:49:00 pm »
Oh, and see if Sarah's back up singer is still the blonde-haired woman - anyone remember her?

sonickteam2

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2004, 05:44:00 pm »

please tell me you just heard that from a friend...or a very dumb person, homeless man, whoever.... [/b]
Yes, I said I heard, need a repeat? [/b]
dont piss me off.

eltee

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2004, 06:40:00 pm »
 dont piss me off.
Honda drag?