Author Topic: Fantasy Hockey  (Read 22890 times)

Venerable Bede

Re: Fantasy Hockey
« Reply #75 on: September 08, 2005, 03:38:00 pm »
Originally posted by sonickteam4:
  yes, sorry.  after the overtime.

the point it, if they have each team shoot 5 shots in the shootout or something, if a team wins the shootout 4-2 or something, a 2-2 would be won 3-2, not 6-4.

dig it?
hmmm, ok.  looks like my strategy of piling up goalie points (like i'm doing in baseball with pitching) probably won't work.  oh well. .
OU812

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #76 on: September 08, 2005, 03:43:00 pm »
just wondering why not divide up points for short handed goals and power play goals/assists. instead its all lumped into one category (and yes this can all be separated). i think esp on short handed goals you might want to give the scorer more points than the guy who gets the assist. or just dont even bother with short handed assists.
HeyLa

sonickteam2

« Reply #77 on: September 08, 2005, 03:45:00 pm »
Originally posted by xneverwherex:
  just wondering why not divide up points for short handed goals and power play goals/assists. instead its all lumped into one category (and yes this can all be separated). i think esp on short handed goals you might want to give the scorer more points than the guy who gets the assist. or just dont even bother with short handed assists.
i dont know see where its letting me divide up SHA and SHG (likewise with powerplay)

let me check again (i thought i used to be able to though)

sonickteam2

« Reply #78 on: September 08, 2005, 03:46:00 pm »
Originally posted by HoyaParanoia:

no more than .5 or 1 point for a save. one year a save was 2 points, and Marc Denis of the Blue Jackets was getting 90 points a game from saves and players like Forsber and Naslund only getting 30 for goals and assists.

maybe saves work .25 points and a goal against worth -1 ???
sonick, all you have to do to tweak the stats is just enter the modifiers (.25/save, -1/GA) and see how last year's stats look, the ideal (i think) would be to have the goalie with the best stats in the league be kind of similar to the best scorer ... if the .25/save, -1/GAA is too much or too little, just make a change ... make sense? [/b]
not sure what you mean. i agree with you , but is there a way on yahoo to figure that stuff out?

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #79 on: September 08, 2005, 03:48:00 pm »

i dont know see where its letting me divide up SHA and SHG (likewise with powerplay)

let me check again (i thought i used to be able to though) [/b]
i know theres a way as ive separated mine all out. ill go see where it is and let you know.
HeyLa

sonickteam2

« Reply #80 on: September 08, 2005, 03:49:00 pm »
Originally posted by HoyaParanoia:

no more than .5 or 1 point for a save. one year a save was 2 points, and Marc Denis of the Blue Jackets was getting 90 points a game from saves and players like Forsber and Naslund only getting 30 for goals and assists.

maybe saves work .25 points and a goal against worth -1 ???
sonick, all you have to do to tweak the stats is just enter the modifiers (.25/save, -1/GA) and see how last year's stats look, the ideal (i think) would be to have the goalie with the best stats in the league be kind of similar to the best scorer ... if the .25/save, -1/GAA is too much or too little, just make a change ... make sense? [/b]
not sure what you mean. i agree with you , but is there a way on yahoo to figure that stuff out?

sonickteam2

« Reply #81 on: September 08, 2005, 03:50:00 pm »
ok i have it

now we have

powerplay goals = 5 points
 shorthanded goal = 10 points

(and these are additional to the initial 10 goal points)

i can assign values for SHA and PPA's if we really wanna have points for every stat imagineable!!!!!

vansmack

« Reply #82 on: September 08, 2005, 03:52:00 pm »
  ok i have it

now we have

Wait, a regular strenght goal is 10.
 A power play Goal is 15?
 And a shorthanded goal is 20.

Are you sure?
27>34

sonickteam2

« Reply #83 on: September 08, 2005, 04:03:00 pm »
well, i suppose this would go in line that power play goals are easier to score than regular strength.

it has been and will be argued forever that power play goals should be worth less than 5 on 5.

if we want to do that, ok.  

but the only way i think we can make PPG less than a 5-5 goal is to make a PPG worth (-) point value!

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #84 on: September 08, 2005, 04:04:00 pm »
if you go under the commissioner tools... edit the fields to include whichever you need --  under edit stat categories.. then you have to go into stat modifiers and change the points to any new categories you add.

you can have SHG SHA, PPP, PPG, PPA, whichever you want. all or none or some.
HeyLa

sonickteam2

« Reply #85 on: September 08, 2005, 04:04:00 pm »
or we can just go with not having the PPG category at all. then they would be worth just the 10.

« Reply #86 on: September 08, 2005, 04:04:00 pm »
  ok i have it

now we have

i can assign values for SHA and PPA's if we really wanna have points for every stat imagineable!!!!!
A shorthand goal...?

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #87 on: September 08, 2005, 04:23:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:

ok i have it

now we have

Wait, a regular strenght goal is 10.
 A power play Goal is 15?
 And a shorthanded goal is 20.

Are you sure? [/b]
if these are the points you are using, using figures from 2 years ago, the top fighter (simon) got 314PM = 628 points.

compare this to st. louis (highest scorer) who got 38 goals, 56 assists, +35, 8 PP points.  based on goals and assists alone he already would have 660 points. and yes this is the high end of the spectrum.

the top 50 players averages (for fighters and scorers) for 2 seasons ago (yes friends and i did a lot of research when evaluating points) were the fighters got 151PIM = 300 points. whereas the scorers were getting 29 goals = 290 points and 43 assists 215 points. so basically anyone but a scorer is obsolete in the league.

this doesnt even begin to include PPP or SHG which are going to really offset the scorers from everyone else. maybe the point values need to come down some, unless you want your league all about scoring goals.
HeyLa

vansmack

« Reply #88 on: September 08, 2005, 04:25:00 pm »
  if these are the points you are using, using figures from 2 years ago, the top fighter (simon) got 314PM = 628 points.

compare this to st. louis (highest scorer) who got 38 goals, 56 assists, +35, 8 PP points.  based on goals and assists alone he already would have 660 points. and yes this is the high end of the spectrum.  
Damn you for exposing my theory.

Of course, Venerable and I were discussing the new suspensions and what impact that may have....
27>34

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #89 on: September 08, 2005, 04:29:00 pm »
yeah my theory got fucked when he set the points. i already had my first pick figured out. i was hoping that there'd be points available for suspensions and cool things like that. or goalies who could get PIMs or Goals. no such luck with yahoo.

sorry for pointing out your theory. most people (unless you watch a lot of hockey or scour all the points) wouldnt even begin to know who a lot of those unknowns are  :)
HeyLa