Author Topic: Foo Fighters Pre-Sale  (Read 6018 times)

Driveway

Foo Fighters Pre-Sale
« on: August 24, 2005, 09:09:00 am »
Does anyone have any details about the Foo Fighters Pre-Sale that starts tomorrow?

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: Foo Fighters Pre-Sale
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2005, 09:52:00 am »
so will four presales take place for this show? i.e. weezer, foo fighters, imp, dc101?  and which kick off first.

not wanting ga for the last weezer show in bawlmer, i kept refreshing during the presale on the lower bowl until a good section came up... are there any good sections in the lower bowl at the stinky center?

of course the better question is to they need a dj for this show   :D   Swagger the Musical is ready to hit the road!
T.Rex

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2005, 10:18:00 am »
aw, that's a shame....although I wouldn't call myself a Foo Fighters fan I do enjoy their stuff, but I do admire David Grohl...or should I say I did until I just found out about a 'pre-sale'. I always assumed he would be above that crap.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2005, 10:25:00 am »
presales are standard foo's fare
T.Rex

Bags

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2005, 10:55:00 am »
I'm going for G.A., so I think it'll be easy.  Their last show at Patriot didn't even sell out, and I don't think they've gotten much bigger since...In fact, seems to me the last album was a bigger seller, but that's just my perception.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2005, 10:23:00 am »
so who all got GA's? i blinked at the wrong moment and nothing good was coming up in the reserved seats.. 15mins after the fact and 2 ga's popped up so i grabbed 'em
T.Rex

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2005, 10:31:00 am »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  so who all got GA's? i blinked at the wrong moment and nothing good was coming up in the reserved seats.. 15mins after the fact and 2 ga's popped up so i grabbed 'em
Same thing with me, seats at first (and crappy ones), but I knew if I kep refreshing it'd give me GAs. Got two.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2005, 10:42:00 am »
Damned if the presale didnt screw up on me.  I wanted reserved.  Had 130 AA.  Click on the button to buy them and it gave me an error sying the tickets werent available.  That sucks...  Got 101 AA which is one section over.  COuld be a lot worse I guess!

See y'all at the show.
FUKIT

ggw

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2005, 10:52:00 am »
I got GA.

It looks like they are already going for double the cost

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2005, 10:58:00 am »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  I got GA.

It looks like they are already going for double the cost
The only time scalpers ever bother me is when they sell the tickets after the presale, but before the regular sale. They should have the common decency to wait.

Then again, if people are stupid enough...

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2005, 11:01:00 am »
so was this only a IMP presale? because i didn't get info from the foos on one...
T.Rex

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2005, 11:03:00 am »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  so was this only a IMP presale? because i didn't get info from the foos on one...
I got the FF newsletter and the weezer one as well. All used the same password.

Bags

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2005, 11:05:00 am »
I got only one GA -- I also got Meadowlands tickets, and we found out there you could only pull up GA if you tried one at a time (and you have to put in Best Available, not GA -- it's all such an insane clusterfuck).  

Worked once for Patriot Center; now I keep getting crappy single seats.  So, now I have to try Saturday for GA...If anyone wants to help, I welcome the assistance!   ;)

By the way, it was a Foo Fighters presale as well.  Those newsletters show up in your email late, though -- I got mine late last night.  I've noticed that I often get them 2-3 days after they're sent, and after the presales.

Driveway

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2005, 11:11:00 am »
all this... not to mention that it wasn't on sale at 10am... atleast for me.  It was like 10:05.  First seats that came up for me were section 117...  Then somewhere else.  I almost bought them, but found it hard to believe that the floor was sold out that fast.  Good thing I waited and got two GA tickets.  Anyone know the capacity of the Patriot Center?

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2005, 11:12:00 am »
actually i got the foo newsletter as well, it was sent to an email address i don't check every day... kinda silly they used the same presale pw for six shows.
T.Rex