Author Topic: Say it ain't so....LANCE!  (Read 26918 times)

James Ford

Re: Say it ain't so....LANCE!
« Reply #75 on: October 23, 2012, 11:15:25 am »
Nike sucks. Firing cheater Lance while they continue to line rapist Kobe and dog killer Vick's pockets is a travesty.

K8teebug

« Reply #76 on: October 23, 2012, 11:23:25 am »
that is a very good point.

atomicfront

« Reply #77 on: October 23, 2012, 12:05:57 pm »
There are long and widespread reports that Lance has been paying off and bribing testing labs for years and using his PR machine to intimidate adn freeze out anyone who has talked about what he's done. He didn't quit out of fatigue, he quit because there's a prosecutor gathering more and more evidence against him.

Just because he says he never failed a test doesn't mean its true. People do lie and Lance is a liar and a bully. It doesn't exonerate him that others were doing it. He won those championships and then lovingly draped himself in his Livestrong group. Which is also kind of a sham. Its not like Livestrong is this wonderful group curing cancer or even doing anything remotely to assist in fighting cancer. Its a PR group that has collected enormous amounts of money, much of it which went to funding labs that are willing to give Lance a pass and bribing officials over and over. 

I mean, what reason could biking possibly have for smearing the Michael Jordan of their sport? If this is a sham conviction, it's the most self-defeating campaign ever seen.

lance did fail drug tests.  he tried to say his tests were tampered with even though the drug testing agency had no idea who they were testing.  and they offered to let him have his urine tested somewhere else. and he told the one clean rider in the sport to get out of the sport because the guy talked about everyone else being on drugs. 

people getting upset because some professional athelete's downfall is silly.  They are just there to entertain.  less important in the scheme of things than your postman or the guy cleaning your bathrooms at work.

atomicfront

« Reply #78 on: October 23, 2012, 12:07:53 pm »
I think a common sense resolution to this fiasco is to simply draw a line under his 7 victories and declare nobody the winner during that period as those just behind him had a good chance of being dirty.....then move on. I doubt that will happen though.

I believe (and hope) pro cycling is now clean, because it's a great sport if you take the time to learn the politics and tactics that go between teams and individual riders during a race.

GO WIGG-O!
 ;D

pro cycling is not a great sport.  all the teams make it no fun to watch.  if it were every man for himself it might be interesting but as it is currently it is incredible boring to watch. 

hutch

« Reply #79 on: October 23, 2012, 01:38:50 pm »
I'm not upset... just think he's an asshole and a FRAUD....  ideally he would be in jail. He took a lot of people's money.. took a lot of people for a ride.

James Ford

« Reply #80 on: October 23, 2012, 01:43:00 pm »
Still, I bet he could beat you in a bike race.

I'm not upset... just think he's an asshole and a FRAUD....  ideally he would be in jail. He took a lot of people's money.. took a lot of people for a ride.

hutch

« Reply #81 on: October 23, 2012, 01:48:34 pm »
Still, I bet he could beat you in a bike race.

I should hope so.. haven't touched my bike in close to two years..

Lance is like Clemens... that insufferable arrogant Texas breed of American that makes me wish the Lone Star State had gone its own way...

So much of the shit in this country comes from there: Bush, Allen Stanford, Enron

You ever hear of a pyramid scheme? Somebody cheating? Usually they're from Texas.

K8teebug

« Reply #82 on: October 23, 2012, 02:54:17 pm »
I only think it's sad because he's done alot to raise money for cancer research.

hutch

« Reply #83 on: October 23, 2012, 03:16:22 pm »
I only think it's sad because he's done alot to raise money for cancer research.

So agree. Very sad he swindled so many out of their money.

Relaxer

« Reply #84 on: October 23, 2012, 05:35:44 pm »
I've read multiple reports that plenty of Livestrong funds went toward buying off testing labs to ensure he never failed a test.
oword

nkotb

« Reply #85 on: October 23, 2012, 05:44:07 pm »
Question: should I stop tracking my daily calories through their app?  I don't want to be guilty by association...also I haven't run in like four days and crushed a Smoky BBQ Chicken pizza at Cosi today for lunch :(

I've read multiple reports that plenty of Livestrong funds went toward buying off testing labs to ensure he never failed a test.