Author Topic: what is it about music and drugs?  (Read 2662 times)

thatguy

• Global Moderator
what is it about music and drugs?
« on: August 05, 2003, 03:31:00 pm »
fucking shit. someone that i love very much has lost the love of her life, and the father of her unborn child.  i want people to know his story.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
Re: what is it about music and drugs?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2003, 03:43:00 pm »
Jeez that sucks.  I'm really sorry.  I've known too many people that have died over this shit and it never gets any easier to take or understand.

paige

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2003, 03:55:00 pm »
What a tragic story. That was heartbreaking. I'm sorry that they were so close to you, Josh. It's such a shame when prodigious talent meets an end as horrifying as that one.

keithstg

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2003, 04:01:00 pm »
That is a horrible story, and a tremendous waste of talent. I am sorry.

markie

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2003, 04:07:00 pm »
That is a bleak story. I wonder how I would cope in her situation. To be callous and cruel, I wonder if in the long run she might be better off without him?

chknfngrs

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2003, 05:15:00 pm »
ever since I saw "Eddie and The Cruisers" I've been scared shtless about drugs. no lie. it just makes me want to vomit, as I have no idea what the attraction of an upper or a downer is. go hiking, y'know?

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2003, 05:19:00 pm »
it's ironic that people who tend to be right brained are creative and self destructive at the same time.  but still a loss is a loss...
T.Rex

SPARX

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2003, 05:45:00 pm »
Very sad,my sincere condolences.

raebyddet

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2003, 05:48:00 pm »
That is very sad. Condolences.

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2003, 07:31:00 pm »
thanks y'all.  just to be clear, i never met marty.  doesn't change anything, just clarifying.

Ikarus

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2003, 04:15:00 am »
j-

the fact that it impacted your life sucks. i'm a young buck, and i've already been to too many funerals.  but drugs are also a fact of life.  i recently read 'deep in a dream,' chet baker's biography.  that man lived thru heroin addiction for 30-years+, fucked people over time and time again, hocked his trumpet for drugs, was one of the biggest bastards around, and still made some of the sweetest, most moving music ever.  

no one has the right to judge another.  the only lesson i've learned so far in life is that we're all sorry sad bastards.   my condolences for you and your friends' pain.  i just don't think its the fault of drugs...its the fault of living in a faulty society...i pray that jennings and his survivors, friends, and family can find some peace.

mankie

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2003, 10:09:00 am »
What a sad, sad story....having never used anything myself, not even pot, I find it hard to be sympathetic towards those that do, but it breaks my heart to learn about those they leave behind.

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2003, 11:35:00 am »
Typical liberal. Blame the "faulty society" for the problems that someone's irresponsible behavior created. I'm not going to cast any stones since I'm far from perfect myself, but stop blaming "society" for people's poor behavioral choices.

Originally posted by Ikarus:
  j-

the fact that it impacted your life sucks. i'm a young buck, and i've already been to too many funerals.  but drugs are also a fact of life.  i recently read 'deep in a dream,' chet baker's biography.  that man lived thru heroin addiction for 30-years+, fucked people over time and time again, hocked his trumpet for drugs, was one of the biggest bastards around, and still made some of the sweetest, most moving music ever.  

no one has the right to judge another.  the only lesson i've learned so far in life is that we're all sorry sad bastards.   my condolences for you and your friends' pain.  i just don't think its the fault of drugs...its the fault of living in a faulty society...i pray that jennings and his survivors, friends, and family can find some peace.

mankie

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2003, 11:41:00 am »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
 [QB]

Typical liberal. Blame the "faulty society" for the problems that someone's irresponsible behavior created. I'm not going to cast any stones since I'm far from perfect myself, but stop blaming "society" for people's poor behavioral choices.

My sentiments entirely, but I thought this wasn't the right time to express them seeing as the death has affected one of the board members...and a very popular one at that.

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2003, 11:46:00 am »
Well let me also add that this is the sort of story that makes me very, very sad. Especially for those loved ones this person left behind.

Stories like this can be a reminder to those of us who read them how important it is to make the right choices in life, especially if we have significant others and/or children that we have brought into the world.