Author Topic: Bad Baby Names  (Read 9861 times)

Re: Bad Baby Names
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2003, 01:05:00 pm »
bilge

Samantha

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2003, 01:14:00 pm »
impeccable timing

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2003, 01:15:00 pm »
Originally posted by chaz:
  Jermaine Jackson has a baby boy a few years back and named him Jermajesty!  That is the worst and most hilarious name I've ever heard.

Oh yeah....and once on some daytime talkshow (Sally Jessie or Springer or the like)they had a guest and the woman's name was Latrina!
There's a local TV reporter, I think on Fox channel 5, with one of those self-esteem albatross names but I can't recall it and their website is foxed up. Many of you probably know which one I'm thinking of.

I recently came across the last name "Ashpole". Ya gotta have some damn strong pride to keep a name like that.
😐 🎶

Sir HC

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2003, 01:46:00 pm »
Names I have run across:

Candy Poon (chinese restaurant name on the Time magazine subscription)

Richard Holden, went by Dick.  Was our customer who held weekly meetings, so my boss would say "Have to go to my Dick Holden meeting".

Went to high school with a family whose last name was Hill.  Kids were Bunker (boy) and Brittney, hers was livable, his must have been a nightmare.

Celeste

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2003, 01:50:00 pm »
Originally posted by MaLo:
  the worst baby name i've heard lately is from an old coworker...her ex husband married a runner...they named their baby Marathon.
Someone at my office is going to name their kid Strider...ah, to each their own

mankie

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2003, 02:10:00 pm »
If I ever became the father to twins boy/girl I would call them "Denise and Denefou"  :D

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2003, 02:12:00 pm »
For any of you who have kids or are thiking about it, how far in advance did you determine the name?

Celeste

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2003, 02:13:00 pm »
I think it's a better idea to give PETs the freaky/funny names...like I always dreamed of having 2 dobermans named Romulus and Remus (I actually have enough pet names lined up to fill a whole barn)

mankie

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2003, 02:18:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  For any of you who have kids or are thiking about it, how far in advance did you determine the name?
We could not agree on a name for the baby..especially if it was a girl. What we ended up doing was picking two names and then agreed to decide when he made his appearance. It was either Quinn or Rory (Rory being my choice) and when we saw him he just looked like a Rory...it's weird how that happens but it's true.

Had he been a girl I think the name would've been Dena because that was the only name that one liked and the other didn't hate.

And Celeste is right, we came up with some great future pet names during the process.

Celeste

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2003, 02:20:00 pm »
We know this chick who actually wants to name twins Eli and Lily if she had a boy and girl...and she is aware of the pharmaceutical company...I just couldn't do that...

mankie

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2003, 02:21:00 pm »
Originally posted by Celeste:
  I think it's a better idea to give PETs the freaky/funny names...like I always dreamed of having 2 dobermans named Romulus and Remus (I actually have enough pet names lined up to fill a whole barn)
One of the coolest names for a dog that I've heard recently was a German Shepheard called Mozart.

I'd like an English Bulldog and call him Winston.

« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2003, 02:24:00 pm »
But you'd have to change the bulldog's name to Nextel starting next year...

Originally posted by mankie:

Originally posted by Celeste:
One of the coolest names for a dog that I've heard recently was a German Shepheard called Mozart.

I'd like an English Bulldog and call him Winston. [/b]

Celeste

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2003, 02:28:00 pm »
  ]One of the coolest names for a dog that I've heard recently was a German Shepheard called Mozart.

I'd like an English Bulldog and call him Winston.
yeah, those are good...for some weird reason, more than one person in my life has told me they knew a German shepherd named the same as my real name (not Celeste) must be the German thing...growing up, we had a (short)tradition of naming our German Shorthaired Pointers German names...our first was called Hildie and our second was called Otto...my brother's is called Muller...but now the family has a rat terrier named Wesley, so that tradition broke!

mankie

« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2003, 02:42:00 pm »
 [QB]

So now Nextel has the NASCAR thing, does that mean we'll see all the rednecks with Nextel phones attached to their jeans by a chain, and stickers of that boy pissing on T-Mobile and Sprint phones on the back of their trucks?

« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2003, 02:56:00 pm »
I don't know about that, but I read that AT&T was going to fork out 15 million to sponsor Jeff Burton's car for a year, but NASCAR refused to allow it because of their deal with Nextel. NASCAR teams are hurting for sponsor money. Could end up that they don't get enough entrants to fill a 43 car field.

[QB]

So now Nextel has the NASCAR thing, does that mean we'll see all the rednecks with Nextel phones attached to their jeans by a chain, and stickers of that boy pissing on T-Mobile and Sprint phones on the back of their trucks? [/b]