Author Topic: Albums & Places  (Read 5471 times)

bikerchickdc

Re: Albums & Places
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2005, 01:37:00 am »
Depeche Mode's cover of Route 66 and whatever album that was on will forever remind me of the main drag there in Ocean City. I spent a couple of summers out there and that song came out during one of them. We all piled into my raggedy convertible and drove up and down the strip (Coastal Highway?) for hours, and videotaped ourselves crusing the strip and acting like goofy teenagers.

Any Creedence Clearwater Revival song reminds me of road tripping to Memphis many years ago. We took a side road and ended up driving parallell to the Mississippi, in the boondocks, blasting "Born on the Bayou" which worked on so many levels.

thirsty moore

« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2005, 07:49:00 pm »
This song kicks so much ass.

Originally posted by bikerchickdc:
 blasting "Born on the Bayou"

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2005, 08:24:00 pm »
London Calling always takes me back to college, when we used to put the speakers in the window of my dorm and go outside to play Frisbee.

Chip Chanko

« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2005, 09:22:00 pm »
Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon - Lying down in the back of the family minivan driving from Chicago to Peoria during the holidays.

Fugazi In On the Killtaker - DC in the summer of '93...summer after my high school graduation. A great time for that album to come out...and great shows before going off to college.

Built to Spill Perfect from Now On - Lying on the couch in my dorm room in South Bend, Indiana going in and out of sleep while sick with a cold...I had the advance cassette of it and didn't realize that I listened to the album 3x because the cassette kept automatically flipping sides when one finished.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2005, 11:07:00 pm »
outkast - ATLiens

driving around aimlessly getting high in high school
(o|o)

Arlette

« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2005, 11:43:00 pm »
Running to Stand Still - U2

In Marin County north of San Fran doing a training course for a new job.  Absolutely hating it.  The song is about a friend being a heroin junkie, but the words just sounded like my situation in this stupid job.  Listened over and over.  Come back to my hotel room after a day of stupid classes and hear on the radio that U2 is playing a free show in San Franciso the next day at the Embarcadero.  Made up some lie, skipped the training class, and went to see the free show.  Can't hear that song without remembering the.....kismet of those few days.

vansmack

« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2005, 12:01:00 am »
Originally posted by Arlette:
  Running to Stand Still - U2

You win.
27>34

definitivedoodle

« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2005, 10:44:00 am »
Better Than Ezra

their 1st cd

fitchburg ma

definitivedoodle

« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2005, 10:46:00 am »
Originally posted by HoyaParanoia:
  outkast - ATLiens

driving around aimlessly getting high in high school
haha.

me too.

tony? is that you?

GOD i love that cd.

if only i could roll i blunt here would make this monday great!

fish bowling my boys buick all night long.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2005, 11:14:00 am »
yhf - driving around pittsburgh in early summer, windows down, smoking a cigarette, beautiful and stoned

built to spill - keep it like a secret--indiana, pa

rancid - ...and out come the wolves--astoria, queens
o/\o

« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2005, 11:22:00 am »
I didn't want this to degenerate into a "Albums I got Stoned To" -thread, but the Grateful Dead's song Alabama Getaway always makes me think about tripping my balls off in Brookfield, IL.  A friend of mine was a big Deadhead & had just bought that Go To Heaven album.  I don't particularly like the Grateful Dead, but I remember that tune.

Venerable Bede

« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2005, 11:24:00 am »
Originally posted by Chaz, Lover of all Forum Members:

Rhinestone Cowboy by Niel Diamond - Bethany Beach 1977 or so??

i believe that glen campbell sang that song, not NEIL diamond.
OU812

definitivedoodle

« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2005, 11:28:00 am »
should be a thread of albums & places & getting stoned.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2005, 11:36:00 am »
Originally posted by Venerable Bede:

Originally posted by Chaz, Lover of all Forum Members:

Rhinestone Cowboy by Niel Diamond - Bethany Beach 1977 or so??

i believe that glen campbell sang that song, not NEIL diamond. [/b]
Shit you're right and all these years I thought that was Neil Diamond.  Eh what did I know....i was only 5 or 6 years old...

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2005, 08:28:00 pm »
billy idol's mony mony will forever remind me of my summer in jerusalem. 1991. at all the clubs whenever it was played, the israeli soldiers would always be yelling, 'hey motherfucker yeah you, suck my balls off'. i cant hear that song now and not think those lyrics.

anything from abba reminds me of being 6 and going to ballet with my best friend in novato, california. her mom used to always play them as loud as possible, usually while attempting to pick up hitchhikers. now those were some interesting times.
HeyLa