Author Topic: Fashion Faux Pas  (Read 3733 times)

Fashion Faux Pas
« on: August 07, 2003, 09:20:00 am »
Ok ladies, enough already with the big tinted sunglasses and sandals with the long straps. There's a reason why this shit went out of style the first time around, and it's not just because some corporate god though up a different ugly fashion trend to root more money out of your fickle wallet.

And men, cut the label off of the blazer sleeve. We the general public are not going to get all excited when we see that label on the outter sleeve and say "Wow, he saved up a pretty penny to buy himself a plaid tweed Polo Ralph Lauren blazer to wear on a hot summer day in July." No, we're going to say, "What a fucking dork."

paige

Re: Fashion Faux Pas
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2003, 09:21:00 am »
I too, hate those weird sunglasses a lot of women (and men) wear, especially in miami. They aren't fully tinted and the darkness fades.. it looks like trash. You are trash. Get real sunglasses before i gouge your eyes out.  :p

MaLo

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2003, 09:34:00 am »
my mom wears those sunglasses..they're pink...drives me crazy

ggw

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2003, 09:36:00 am »
Fashion advice from a guy who still wears a 1987 Cure concert t-shirt......

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2003, 09:46:00 am »
Kind of like taking musical advice for Mankie, right? I'm sure we all jumped on the Carbon Leaf and My Name is Cloot bandwagons once Mankie told us what great bands they were!

Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:

ggw

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2003, 09:56:00 am »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  Kind of like taking musical advice for Mankie, right? I'm sure we all jumped on the Carbon Leaf and My Name is Cloot bandwagons once Mankie told us what great bands they were!

[/b]
I'm still looking for that one band Mankie keeps going on about.  Unchained Melody or something....  What was their name?

emmy

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2003, 10:01:00 am »
Let's get rid of the flip flops with 5" soles too.  Nobody should be wearing shoes that could function as a life preserver.

sueandnotu

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2003, 10:08:00 am »
  Ok ladies, enough already with the big tinted sunglasses and sandals with the long straps.  
What are the sandles with the long straps?  Ankle straps?

MaLo

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2003, 10:12:00 am »
Originally posted by SueAndNotU:

Ok ladies, enough already with the big tinted sunglasses and sandals with the long straps.  
What are the sandles with the long straps?  Ankle straps? [/b]
the ones with the straps that wrap up your legs...the wash post did a little article about them in the Sunday Source section a couple weekends ago...come to think of it, they just did a peice on Rhett's fave sunglasses this past weekend

mankie

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2003, 10:16:00 am »

I'm still looking for that one band Mankie keeps going on about.  Unchained Melody or something....  What was their name?

[/b]
Procal Harem!  ;)  

On the subject of stupid fashion....in the gym, why do some women wear spandex pants then tie a sweatshirt round their waste so we can't see their arse? I am personally there to exercise not check out girls arses so couldn't care less, but if you don't want men to see your arse then wear baggie sweat pants or just wear a long tea shirt that goes below your arse...you look like an idiot on the treadmill or stairclimber thingie trying to tighten the knot in the sleeves all the friggin time. Sorry for the rant, but it's a pet peave of mine. Oh the other thing that bugs me is the blokes that wear those almost not there tops and psychadelic sweats...they don't look gay but they don't look straight either, they just look like twats.

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2003, 10:16:00 am »
Yes, I saw both of those articles. And couldn't believe how many DC women I saw wearing both within a week.

Originally posted by MaLo:

Originally posted by SueAndNotU:

What are the sandles with the long straps?  Ankle straps? [/b]
the ones with the straps that wrap up your legs...the wash post did a little article about them in the Sunday Source section a couple weekends ago...come to think of it, they just did a peice on Rhett's fave sunglasses this past weekend [/b]

mankie

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2003, 10:47:00 am »
One more thing...what's with this new trend of blokes hugging each other all the time? You know like girls do when they meet.

Is America a nation full of wuss... oh, never mind

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2003, 10:51:00 am »
Been hitting the 17th Street bars again Mank?

Originally posted by mankie:
  One more thing...what's with this new trend of blokes hugging each other all the time? You know like girls do when they meet.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2003, 10:53:00 am »

when in American at least use the proper word to insult us - Is America a nation full of Metrosexauls
T.Rex

ggw

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2003, 10:54:00 am »
 what's with this new trend of blokes hugging each other all the time?
I love you, man.